• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay

Good show on BBC2 tonight at 9pm.

The Fringe, Fame and me. History of the Fringe from 1947, and the many famous faces who have appeared at the Fringe. I think some may surprise a few.

Jambo 4 Ever
On 09/08/2022 at 19:56, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone seen this tv show? I’ve been chatting with a couple of Italians on separate occasions recently and raving to them about how much I loved Gomorrah. I mentioned I was going to watch The King next, but both recommended this instead. Both of them were hyper telling me about how good it is and saying it was their favourite.

080DB2E6-23ED-40AC-BD2E-458106BC9358.jpeg

Looks a bit like savage 😂

JudyJudyJudy

Law and Order " The Menendez Murders" 

8 part drama about the true US murder case.  Two rich lads murder both their parents  and the court room trial after

Its a good watch though hardly impartial making it quite clear that they believe the brothers are innocent of the crime

Spoiler

The brothers ended up get life 

Both brothers claimed they were sexually abused by their father and one of the boys also said his mum abused him.  This has never been proved. They claimed their lives were in imminent danger if they didn't murder both parents. It was an interesting case and seems to have paved the way for various cases where alleged sexual abuse was the prominent factor in the murders. 

Standout performance is from the great Edie Falco as the lawyer who defended the guys. She's terrific.  ( when isn't she really ?) 

Id give it 7/10 as i thought the guys playing the brothers were very wooden.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yeah been watching it. Still got last episode to watch.  Probably watch it the night 

I've just finished the second episode.  Pretty good so far even if Taron Egerton has an awful American accent!  😂 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I've just finished the second episode.  Pretty good so far even if Taron Egerton has an awful American accent!  😂 

I didn’t really notice his accent ! 

9A921C1C-5036-4CA3-BD44-8DB66A721B55.gif

Just watched all 3 episodes of Woodstock 99. I can't remember hearing anything about it at the time but what a disaster it turned out to be. Worth watching.

Just finished All or nothing Arsenal on Prime. 10/10

superb. Just superb. Arteta is brilliant. Watching him in the dressing rooms before/during and after games is brilliant. 

23 hours ago, 1953 said:

Just watched all 3 episodes of Woodstock 99. I can't remember hearing anything about it at the time but what a disaster it turned out to be. Worth watching.

Yep, it’s an eye opener that’s for sure. 

Went through the whole season of The Sandman on Netflix. Won't be everyones cup of tea but different and enjoyed. 

22 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Went through the whole season of The Sandman on Netflix. Won't be everyones cup of tea but different and enjoyed. 

if youve not spotted it, they have released a special 2 part episode

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

if youve not spotted it, they have released a special 2 part episode

Watched it last night. Wondered what was going on when these extra episodes automatically played. Hopefully renew the series. 

On 19/08/2022 at 23:24, 1953 said:

Enjoyed this. What a shambles. :lol: 

Dick Dastardly
5 hours ago, Americana said:

New Game of Thrones series "House of Dragons" first episode released over the weekend. Showed a lot of promise.

I'm still angry about the last few seasons of Game of Thrones and might just avoid this as some kind of one man protest!  

10 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm still angry about the last few seasons of Game of Thrones and might just avoid this as some kind of one man protest!  

Yeah its quite clear where they started playing it safe and working with George R Martin rather than using his story. All the big characters where safe when that happened before that the best thing about the show was you couldnt get attached to any of them.

New episode is decent , graphic and has some good casting including Rhys Ifans in a more serious role.

2 minutes ago, Americana said:

Yeah its quite clear where they started playing it safe and working with George R Martin rather than using his story. All the big characters where safe when that happened before that the best thing about the show was you couldnt get attached to any of them.

New episode is decent , graphic and has some good casting including Rhys Ifans in a more serious role.

I'm sure I read somewhere grrm was basically pushed aside from the last couple of series rather than using his direction they went their own way

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere grrm was basically pushed aside from the last couple of series rather than using his direction they went their own way

Think he was involved in some capacity but more of an advisor than using his story, which is a pity. I had never read the books so the plot twists in the show were incredible. Genuinely took about three days to recover from the first seasons finale, after that gloves were off no character was safe.

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Americana said:

GoT just seemed so rushed from,  if i remember correctly, the end of season 6. They seemed to be able to move around the countries at unbelievable speed and the storylines just became so weak.  To me it felt like the showrunners couldn't wait to get finished and to get started on the Star Wars project they had lined up.  

37 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

GoT just seemed so rushed from,  if i remember correctly, the end of season 6. They seemed to be able to move around the countries at unbelievable speed and the storylines just became so weak.  To me it felt like the showrunners couldn't wait to get finished and to get started on the Star Wars project they had lined up.  

And they have now stepped away from Star Wars after signing a deal with Netflix.Think that might be a mistake now than Disney is pulling ahead of Netflix now.

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And they have now stepped away from Star Wars after signing a deal with Netflix.Think that might be a mistake now than Disney is pulling ahead of Netflix now.

I'm really not a fan of Disney these days.  The Disney+ app was awful and i just don't like the stuff they are producing,  eiher.  Saying that,  i just watch everything for free now so I've a bit of cheek to complain! 

13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm really not a fan of Disney these days.  The Disney+ app was awful and i just don't like the stuff they are producing,  eiher.  Saying that,  i just watch everything for free now so I've a bit of cheek to complain! 

We binned Now and Netflix a d got Disney for a while, I'm really not impressed at all, we watched Obi Wan but thought that was bang average with some pretty poor and cheesy acting from Ewan McGregor.

Dick Dastardly
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

We binned Now and Netflix a d got Disney for a while, I'm really not impressed at all, we watched Obi Wan but thought that was bang average with some pretty poor and cheesy acting from Ewan McGregor.

Disney just kept buffering every 5 mins for me.  I had paid for the year as it was cheaper.  After a month i complained and asked for my money back.  They offered the price of 1 month instead of a proper refund.  Now i take great joy in watching stuff for free on dodgy websites 😂😂 

I watched 1 or 2 episodes of Obi Wan and gave up.  Probably the best thing i think they had on was Big Sky,  which i really enjoyed. 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Obi Wan was really poor I only made it to the third episode , Moon Knight was decent.I watch more of the Star , Hulu and Fox stuff as opposed to the Disney stuff.Other than Better Call Saul Netflix has went down the pish teen route with everything it does.Anybody got Paramount ?

24 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Moon Knight was decent.

Thought it was poor, trailer made it look so promising but the cgi was horrendous along with the voiceovers.

Seen Paramount mentioned, Yellowstone is one of the best tv series still going id say, new season out in November too.

Dick Dastardly
6 hours ago, Americana said:

Thought it was poor, trailer made it look so promising but the cgi was horrendous along with the voiceovers.

Seen Paramount mentioned, Yellowstone is one of the best tv series still going id say, new season out in November too.

I started to watch Yellowstone but forgot about it!  Might have to give it another go.  There is a kind of prequel series as well,  isn't there? 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I started to watch Yellowstone but forgot about it!  Might have to give it another go.  There is a kind of prequel series as well,  isn't there? 

i think the prequel is called 1885

17 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i think the prequel is called 1885

Its decent and well cast (Sam Neil is excellent in it) , very serious prequel where as Yellowstone has a few laughs in it.

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Americana said:

Its decent and well cast (Sam Neil is excellent in it) , very serious prequel where as Yellowstone has a few laughs in it.

Sam Elliott.  

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Is Yellowstone a western ?

Modern day Western. Set on a working ranch revolved around the Dutton family headed by Kevin Costner.  

13 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Modern day Western. Set on a working ranch revolved around the Dutton family headed by Kevin Costner.  

Thanks I will watch a few episodes to see if I like it.

Started watching ‘from’, Walt’s dad from lost is the main character, about a town where anyone driving through will never be able to leave and the sinister presence of monsters who only come out at night, but under the guise of normal people

pretty decent so far

Dick Dastardly
On 24/08/2022 at 11:44, Americana said:

Would it be better to watch Yellowstone or 1883 first? 

On 09/08/2022 at 09:58, Muppetboy said:

Posted about that earlier in the thread. Guy who plays serial killer Larry hall is a shoe in for an Emmy or whatever award quality tv show performances get. Genuinely sinister

That show must be the last thing Ray Liotta completed before he passed. I just finished watching it last night. Good show.  Taron Egerton is the lead in it. He plays a good yank surprisingly. Not seen him in much since Kingsmen. 

On 27/08/2022 at 18:38, Dick Dastardly said:

Would it be better to watch Yellowstone or 1883 first? 

I dont think it makes a difference mate, neither will ruin the other.