Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

vegas-voss

Just finished watching the second season. Really good stuff. Spacey is magnificent.

Just finished the first season this morning,straight onto the 2nd season it's brilliant tv and yes Spacey is magnificent I actually think he is at his best when he doesn't even say anything it's the facial expressions when he is having to listen to stuff he just can't be arsed withor doesn't like that are brilliant.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished Generation War. Also watched a debate after it questioning issues such as Jews being friends with officers in 1941 and the way Poles were portrayed as Anti Semites.

Good drama worth watching.

Watched the first two episodes of this at the weekend. Excellent.

Sexton Hardcastle

Finally finished The Wire. Very good with the exception of the final episode.

Breaking Bad or 24 next.

The People's Chimp

Missed the first few of Les revenants when it was on 4, so I waited till it came on netflix. Started watching last night. Utterly superb so far, this understated, relentless creepiness, the building tension and a superb Mogwai soundtrack all adding up to something really quite good.

Gigolo-Aunt

Half way through Spiral series 4 - have enjoyed it. The female lawyer in it is also tremendous.

Generation War was also very good although did find the ending a bit rushed.

Edited by Gigolo-Aunt

Anyone notice in the sun today that brad pitt is being lined up to star in the next season of True detective??

Chester™
Anyone notice in the sun today that brad pitt is being lined up to star in the next season of True detective??

Interesting. I knew the plan was to have a new storyline with new detectives though. I wonder if Woody and McConaughey will still have some input?

Interesting. I knew the plan was to have a new storyline with new detectives though. I wonder if Woody and McConaughey will still have some input?

Well the article said it was so popular that all the stars are queuing up to be in it,so a few more series looks likely which is good

Started Underbelly. Thought the first season was good im on the 2nd and not enjoying it as much.

vegas-voss

Started Underbelly. Thought the first season was good im on the 2nd and not enjoying it as much.

It gets better,first 3 seasons are good then it gets a bit shit.

It gets better,first 3 seasons are good then it gets a bit shit.

There's only 3 seasons on netflix anyway.

weststand93

It does get better I'm up to season 6

vegas-voss

It does get better I'm up to season 6

I really didn't like Razor does the other one set around the 20's or 30's better ?

weststand93

I really didn't like Razor does the other one set around the 20's or 30's better ?

20s 30s around that time. I like it for how it was back then. I won't spoil anything but I'd say it's one if the best they have done. But that's IMHO. it's hard to take a Aussie actor seriously coz I can't stand there accent but this show is good

vegas-voss

20s 30s around that time. I like it for how it was back then. I won't spoil anything but I'd say it's one if the best they have done. But that's IMHO. it's hard to take a Aussie actor seriously coz I can't stand there accent but this show is good

I really didn't like the 4th one called Razor.I thought the 2nd season with the heroin trade got better and better.Thought the 3rd one was decent but nowhere near as good as the first two.

weststand93

I really didn't like the 4th one called Razor.I thought the 2nd season with the heroin trade got better and better.Thought the 3rd one was decent but nowhere near as good as the first two.

Razor was poor it was just about to old girls having a pop at one another all the one was boring

I thought they were all decent,1 & 3 the best,the 2 latest ones were good but the Fat tony one was terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few of the biggies already mentioned, but watched the first episode of the new season of hanibal the other day, first season was class - hopefully the second continues in the same vein.

Giving serious consideration to watching all the trailer park boys again, now that they are on Netflix. Always Sunny in Phildapelphia tae, class

Edited by Feeno

A few of the biggies already mentioned, but watched the first episode of hanibal the other day, first season was class - hopefully the second continues in the same vein.

Giving serious consideration to watching all the trailer park boys again, now that they are on Netflix. Always Sunny in Phildapelphia tae, class

i think the second season is even more disturbing but is very good

A few of the biggies already mentioned, but watched the first episode of the new season of hanibal the other day, first season was class - hopefully the second continues in the same vein.

I'm up to season 8 of the second season. It has been fantastic. Probably my favourite thing on TV at the moment.

The People's Chimp

Can't believe I missed trailer park boys, watched the first few, it's so good. As for another huge mistake, missing les revenants which is absolutely sublime TV. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

hmfc_liam06

Just finished the first season this morning,straight onto the 2nd season it's brilliant tv and yes Spacey is magnificent I actually think he is at his best when he doesn't even say anything it's the facial expressions when he is having to listen to stuff he just can't be arsed withor doesn't like that are brilliant.

It's by far my favourite TV series to date.

Say What Again

Just finished season 2 of Vikings.

Even better than the first. Really looking forward to season 3 now.

rudi must stay

Looking for something new to watch. I've seen all the old favourites like 24, sopranos, lost etc just finished Fringe and currently up to date with Game of Thrones, the following and the blacklist.

Anyone recommend something else? (Tried breaking bad but got to episode 5 and gave up!)

If you like foreign tv, the swedish version of Wallender is very good. It's on Netflix

Vikings getting shown on uk tv now on the History channel.

Finished Underbelly golden mile enjoyed it. Dont know what to start now.

Vikings getting shown on uk tv now on the History channel.

Finished Underbelly golden mile enjoyed it. Dont know what to start now.

There is a few more underbellys after golden mile fella

There is a few more underbellys after golden mile fella

Not on Netflix or Amazon prime yet though unfortunately.

Chester™

I've recently been watcing Eastbound and Down, and Grimm. I recommend both, :thumbsup:

Edited by Chester?

jack D and coke

For anybody that's not tried Banshee. I'm nearly through season two and it's really enjoyable. Much darker than season one but still a good romp.

Loving "Cosmos" on National Geographic. Documentary series explaining the intricate workings of the universe and how our understanding of it has developed through the years.

Edited by Ray Gin

...a bit disco

On the second episode of Penny Dreadful.

I'll reserve judgement but seems promising so far.

Everybody loves Baz

I've just started watching Veep for something to do. Turns out there's a lot of lol moments in it.

Will keep watching.

On season 3 of suit's great show the wire tribute they did was shite though.

been told to watch Hells on wheels.

Edited by Grado

Everybody loves Baz

On season 3 of suit's great show the wire tribute they did was shite though.

been told to watch Hells on wheels.

Brilliant series, waiting on season 4 starting up.

Just finished From dusk till dawn season 1 its alright. Kept a few scenes from the movie and at the start it seemed like they were trying to be too much like the movie characters but it got better and became a lot different. Wilmer Valderamma ( thats 70s show Fez) was good in it. Some good actors in cameo roles Don Johnson The boy who played Dexters dad Chesty from the Pacific to name a few. Worth watching if you have Netflix.

For anybody that's not tried Banshee. I'm nearly through season two and it's really enjoyable. Much darker than season one but still a good romp.

Ye,was pretty good,season 3 got the go ahead aswel

jack D and coke

Excellent. Just got episode 10 to watch of season 2.

jack D and coke

The finale was excellent tbh, really enjoyed season 2. Thoroughly recommended if you like plenty fechting, plenty gory deaths and plenty tasties getting pumped!!

Roll on season 3!!!

Anyone seen that French programme The Returned and if so any good?

Tried watching the first couple of episodes but it seemed like a lot of pish tbh.

Chester™

I thought it was excellent. Well acted and a great soundtrack to go with it.

Say What Again

I've watched the first four episodes this week. It's not bad, and now it's starting to come together I'm interested to see where it's going.

I started watching it as it was recommended earlier in this thread. It's only 8 episodes too.

Riddley Walker

I thought it was excellent. Well acted and a great soundtrack to go with it.

I'll second this. Interesting to see where it goes next.

For those who like political dramas I'd recommend Borgen, a Danish show. Follows political journalists as well as the politicians and has none of the Sorkin cheese fest of West Wing.

Sexton Hardcastle

The last episode of The Sopranos on at 23.50 on Atlantic.

Must have seen this a dozen times. Timeless.

Say What Again

Anyone planning on watching The Returned, its gone from 4oD. It's still on Netflix though.

The People's Chimp

Half way through sopranos

Missed the first few of Les revenants when it was on 4, so I waited till it came on netflix. Started watching last night. Utterly superb so far, this understated, relentless creepiness, the building tension and a superb Mogwai soundtrack all adding up to something really quite good.

:rolleyes:

[edit: Can't believe I missed it last year.]

Edited by The People's Chimp

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series