Youth Cup semi final

gordie1968

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A breath of fresh air,players being brave on the ball and accepting the it in tight situations. Even taking in the recent games, Why is it not converted to the 1st team?? Question - Would holt,Walker etc have performed better in this style of play and would we be better off?

A breath of fresh air,players being brave on the ball and accepting the it in tight situations. Even taking in the recent games, Why is it not converted to the 1st team?? Question - Would holt,Walker etc have performed better in this style of play and would we be better off?

The pace of the game is much slower at this level and you don't need to be as good a player. The step up to the first team is huge. Each year at most big clubs only 1 or 2 players make the transits ion from the U20 team to the first. The rest are freed.

In our case our boys were asked to step up a year before they normally would. No wonder it took them a long time to adjust.

I think recently we have seen better football from the team and I put it down to the players get used to the pace of the game and maturing.

The pace of the game is much slower at this level and you don't need to be as good a player. The step up to the first team is huge. Each year at most big clubs only 1 or 2 players make the transits ion from the U20 team to the first. The rest are freed.

In our case our boys were asked to step up a year before they normally would. No wonder it took them a long time to adjust.

I think recently we have seen better football from the team and I put it down to the players get used to the pace of the game and maturing.

Spot on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Spot on.

The last home game you see how Aberdeen press the ball, other sides do too

The last home game you see how Aberdeen press the ball, other sides do too

Yesterday Hun defenders, especially Moshni and Foster were either caught in possession or gave the ball away numerous times. That's simply due to a step up in quality and being closed down quicker.

Ok. Not where I described they were though. It was along the bottom of the new high school on the road that runs parallel to Gorgie Road. Not sure why I would lie about it if that is what you are getting at.

I never called you a liar just didn't get to grips where you were talking about.

heartsfc_fan

Currently 0-0 at HT between saint mirren and the rangers in the other semi.

Where is that game being played?

Tayside Jambo

Rangers youth twitter for some updates, the st mirren one said they would have updates, none as yet.

Final at Ibrokes- NAP!

Seem to remember the 1993 Youth Cup Final between Hearts and Rangers was at Ibrox.

Should be played at Livi.

Great playing surface,easily reached by both teams and fans and some much needed revenue for Livi.

Ah hae mah doobts!

MacDonald Jardine

Seem to remember the 1993 Youth Cup Final between Hearts and Rangers was at Ibrox.

It was. That was a good night.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Are sky not showing final or is that from next season

Nae idea. JiG or FF will probably know.

Are sky not showing final or is that from next season

Think that tv deal is from the start of next season

McCallum has only played 45 mins in the last 4. I like to think they are has been some positivity lately.

...but for those 45 we shelled it high to him. We play decent stuff with Carrick up top but Locke wants a big lad up there to launch it to.

maroonnicky63

Should be played at Livi.

Great playing surface,easily reached by both teams and fans and some much needed revenue for Livi.

Ah hae mah doobts!

not a great playing surface at all its like a farmers field if you have ever been or played there.

Seymour M Hersh

...but for those 45 we shelled it high to him. We play decent stuff with Carrick up top but Locke Brown wants a big lad up there to launch it to.

Ftfy.

not a great playing surface at all its like a farmers field if you have ever been or played there.

Not seen it since we last played there tbh - used to be top notch, won awards IIRC.

Looking forward to this. Seen a few over the years..

be6umaby.jpg

Why is there a picture of a rangers and celtic player on the cover of a Hearts v Dundee United programme? Odd.

colinmaroon

Why is there a picture of a rangers and celtic player on the cover of a Hearts v Dundee United programme? Odd.

They ARE WERE Scottish Football, didn't y'know?

colinmaroon

It was. That was a good night.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Great night!

Fir Park - date TBD according to other thread............talking of tattie fields!

Maroon Sailor

Fir Park - date TBD according to other thread............talking of tattie fields!

Bonkers to play it at that shithole if true

They would be better tossing a coin and either playing at Tynecastle or Ibrox. Both clubs could do with money!

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Christ - the SFA really do their best to stop football being enjoyable in this country don't they! There are plenty better grounds and pitches to play the final.

St Mirren boss was sent to the stand today 'querying' a hand ball and penalty claim for his team.

(Of course there were overage players involved when Hearts drew 1-1 with 'Rangers' in the league match at Murray Park.)

Archived