Youth Cup Semi Final

Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

For anyone interested.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_3736296

Youth Cup semi-final details announced

Arrangements for Hearts U20s' SFA Youth Cup semi-final tie against Kilmarnock can today be announced.

The match will take place at Tynecastle Stadium on Saturday, April 12 with a 2pm kick-off.

The Main Stand will be open to both sets of supporters with cash turnstiles in operation. Entry will be ?5 adults and ?3 concessions.

With no first team game that weekend, supporters are encouraged to come along and cheer the Wee Jambos on to cup glory.

Robbie Neilson's lads made the last four after defeating Queen's Park 3-0 in the quarter-final. The winner of this semi-final match will go on to face either Rangers or St Mirren in the Final.

loveofthegame

Excellent, will definitely get myself along to that.

I'd expect a pretty strong Hearts side (Nicholson/Holt/Carrick etc) given that there is no 1st team game.

Footballfirst

Excellent, will definitely get myself along to that.

I'd expect a pretty strong Hearts side (Nicholson/Holt/Carrick etc) given that there is no 1st team game.

Holt is too old, but McGhee and Paterson would be available.

Strongest team would be along the lines of

Hamilton

L Smith, Gordon, McGhee, Ford

Paterson, King, Beith, Nicholson

Oliver, Carrick

Subs: Sneddon, Simpson, Scott, Buchanan, Flanagan

Clerry Jambo

think I'll pop along for this, Kevin Thomas still upfront?

But seriously enjoy watching the young lads and I think it will attract a decent turnout.

Hope to get along... Sure I seen Hearts win youth cup at Ibrox and Hampden.... Or am I thinking of something else ?

Clerry Jambo

Hope to get along... Sure I seen Hearts win youth cup at Ibrox and Hampden.... Or am I thinking of something else ?

No your right, my reference to Kevin Thomas was when we won the trophy at Ibrox. If my memory serves me correctly wee Charlie Miller was playing for the Rangers that night.

Tremendous turnout fae Gorgie that night.

Thousands of fans at both finals ..we were desperate to win trophys then...

Clerry Jambo

Thousands of fans at both finals ..we were desperate to win trophys then...

You're actually spot on, through in the Tennants sixes and we were luvin it!!

Footballfirst

The forerunner to the 1993 success was in finishing runner-up to Man Utd in the 1991 Milk Cup

The Hearts side included Ritchie, McManus, Locke and Thomas.

The Man Utd squad however contained six future internationalists:

wpba00d282_05_06.jpg

Manchester United Squad : Pollock, Gary Neville, John O'Kane, Colin Murdock, Steven Riley, Keith Gillespie, David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Joe Roberts, Robbie Savage, Ben Thornley, Paul Scholes, Mark Rawlinson, K. Brown

oh ah grantona

How do we not have a game that weekend? Im guessing its scottish cup semi final weekend none of the Bottom 6 teams feature or is this not a split weekend and why have the split fixtures not been released we know the teams in each have now why is everything so slow in scotland

Footballfirst

How do we not have a game that weekend? Im guessing its scottish cup semi final weekend none of the Bottom 6 teams feature or is this not a split weekend and why have the split fixtures not been released we know the teams in each have now why is everything so slow in scotland

It was always due to be a blank league weekend because of the split. Our football and police authorities are unable to organise any fixtures with less than a week's notice (this season is a bit unusual as the top/bottom six are already decided).

oh ah grantona

It was always due to be a blank league weekend because of the split. Our football and police authorities are unable to organise any fixtures with less than a week's notice (this season is a bit unusual as the top/bottom six are already decided).

Well atleast Hearts have organized a game, was just hoping the young lads dont get bumped out of a decent crowd. If im home i will be there

The forerunner to the 1993 success was in finishing runner-up to Man Utd in the 1991 Milk Cup

The Hearts side included Ritchie, McManus, Locke and Thomas.

The Man Utd squad however contained six future internationalists:

wpba00d282_05_06.jpg

Manchester United Squad : Pollock, Gary Neville, John O'Kane, Colin Murdock, Steven Riley, Keith Gillespie, David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Joe Roberts, Robbie Savage, Ben Thornley, Paul Scholes, Mark Rawlinson, K. Brown

Didn't Murdock play for N.I.?

Incidentally, I'll go to this game.

Footballfirst

Didn't Murdock play for N.I.?

Incidentally, I'll go to this game.

Yes he did. Make that seven internationalists, which is an incredible return from what was an U16 side. Top scouting and coaching.

jamtartally

Good idea mate - if they did I would definitely go and get a few of my mates along

Too late to try and make this game a fundraiser for additional funds?

Too late to try and make this game a fundraiser for additional funds?

Great chance for a 10,000 crowd to boost the coffers. Rock bottom price to watch guys who have been full price first team regulars.

And what a great chance to end the shittiest season on a high - out of admin and the kids getting a trophy against their hun rivals (assuming they too get through of course)

Didn't Colin Murdock go on to play for the vermin?

Aye, sure Beckham sent him and the team a good luck message before they got pumped by Livi in the wee cup.

Archived