Hearts go for McCormack

Ryan Gosling

why should he leave motherwell when he could be playing in europe next season.

You would have to agree though that more times than not in recent years, Hearts have been in Europe and Motherwell have not.

Plus money

Plus being at a higher profile club

You would have to agree though that more times than not in recent years, Hearts have been in Europe and Motherwell have not.

Plus money

I agree, but, a season in europe would surely make him a better player given that he will learn much by playing in europe and gain good experience. Bear in mind he's just in his early 20's.

I agree, but, a season in europe would surely make him a better player given that he will learn much by playing in europe and gain good experience. Bear in mind he's just in his early 20's.

Not sure playing in Europe for 180 minutes would make him a better player. Thats probably all the will get - and thats if they qualify. Their squad is very small and we will now see what they are made off on that front.

Motherwell are having a great season, but more than likely the team will split up, with little money being spent on replacements and a McGhee will be gone as well.

I would be shocked if Motherwell are in the top 6 at this point next year.

Hearts have a better squad of players, its just that we have made an erse of things this year.

The better players around you, the better player you are yourself.

Mccormack IMO would thrive at Hearts.

Hearts have a better squad of players, its just that we have made an erse of things this year.

You hit the nail right on the head there. when you say "The better players around you, the better player you are yourself ", is that still the case with Callum Elliot.

why should he leave motherwell when he could be playing in europe next season.

Correct. Who would want to play for Hearts when they can play for Motherwell.

:P

I didn't say he wouldn't want to come to Hearts, but maybe not this season, he may like to play in europe next season. but it wont be with us, maybe the following season.

You hit the nail right on the head there. when you say "The better players around you, the better player you are yourself ", is that still the case with Callum Elliot.

Im pretty sure if we went through the Motherwell first team squad player for player, Hearts would be the stronger by some way.

Anyway, cant see us agreeing on this and with the internet at my work cutting out at 9am - I will wish you all good day.

More spin from the HMFC publicity machine. 10 days and counting.

I tend to agree Dagger - more than a week to go and NOTHING happening.

It will be typical Hearts that we might get someone in at 11.59pm on the 31st:mad:

Has he not pledged to stay at Well until the end of the season?

When I heard Boro were interested my initial thought was that they would sign him, but loan him back for the rest of the season.

Drylaw Hearts

I'd be very surprised if his agent wanted to do a deal with Hearts.

He isn't exactly our biggest fan !!

Anyway, by all accounts he's Middlesbrough bound.

I take it that Diddy is his agent?

That will be that one dead as a dodo then.

NEXT!!!

Drylaw Hearts
I take it that Diddy is his agent?

That will be that one dead as a dodo then.

NEXT!!!

John Brown I believe.

Very good player IMO and one I'd be very happy to see at Hearts.

However .... we won't. He'll have a much better choice of destinations other than Hearts.

Until we get a Manager, until we get a Chairperson, until we get a CEO and until VR gets some sense we won't get anything.

I noticed this in the article:

McCormack's earning power will increase significantly if he waits until the summer, when he can leave on a Bosman, but Motherwell are protected by UEFA regulations on compensation for players under 23.

Why would Motherwell be due any money when they signed him from Rangers. I thought it was only if the player was under 23 and came from your own youth system? Surely no-one would get compensation.

Chad Sexington

I would be more than happy to see him at the club. He's having a cracking season.

Cant see it though sadly.

Patrick Bateman

People who don't rate McCormack are probably the same people who wouldn't have signed Boyd, Naismith or Robson when we had the chance. Now, if only we had a good manager in place to attract him...

People who don't rate McCormack are probably the same people who wouldn't have signed Boyd, Naismith or Robson when we had the chance. Now, if only we had a good manager in place to attract him...

Now, if only we had a good manager in place to attract him

That's the main reason I would take a high profile manager instead of SF (hold your breath everyone.....I take SF if we won tonight, beat the Huns in the semi and climb into the top 6 at least....maybe that performance would convince others that Vlad had changed, SF is the real thing and make it more likely for Scots/Brits to play for us) :)

Guest JamboRobbo
:clap::clap:

jamboinglasgow
I noticed this in the article:

Why would Motherwell be due any money when they signed him from Rangers. I thought it was only if the player was under 23 and came from your own youth system? Surely no-one would get compensation.

i thought that too

And also turning their nose up at Scott McDonald...

Some people far too blinkered when rating other clubs players, McCormack would be a fantastic signing, won't happen though.

It a great move either way.

If we are doing a "Rangers" and just trying tounsettle him it is a good move. We should be doing it more often. We have the cash to wave at players and you never know who might have their head turned. I hate it when it gets done to us but you have to fight fire with fire.

If we got him it would be great. A perfect foil for Velicka in my opinion. We need someopne with pace upfron. A young player to chase knock downs and overlap the other striker is something we don't have. (I suspect that may be why Frail was trying out Clum). Remember the boy has scored in the champions league - I don't think aany of our lads have (unless maybe for Kaunas? just the qualifiers?)

An encouraging move even if it is just a BS link to the media (it is on matchday...)

If we are doing a "Rangers" and just trying tounsettle him it is a good move.

Why would we want to behave like Rangers??

Yes I agree with you there cos we have always criticised their conduct. Anyway he has been linked with other teams and mainly premiership Boro so if he is gonna be unsettled he will be already

I take the point. Shouldn't have put it that way. Chelsea do it, as do Barcelona, and Milan. They use their money to their advantage to disrupt their rivals. I accept that it is hypocritical when I would complain about it being done to us. However it has worked well against us in the past. Desperate times lead to desperate measures.

I believe you are wrong, very wrong. Whether he comes or not is a different story.

Sounds like a lot of bull-sheet to me.

If Hearts want a proven SPL goalscorer for decent money ... a 20 goals a season player ... then they should go to Parkhead and offer 800K+ for Riordan.

If they're serious about buying a goalscorer that is.

Celtic want ?1m for Riordan after buying him for ?150k and put his career back years. Just look at Ian Murray on Saturday for how Riordan would play for Hearts.

In McCormack you have a young hungry striker who "looks" to be going places, and has his head screwed on. Left Rangers to further his career by getting first team football. Why wouldn't he move to Hearts if he has already been saying that a move to Boro is too soon in his career?

Looks like the lad is getting good advice from his agent, unlike Mr Webster and others.

Guest JamboRobbo
I believe you are wrong, very wrong. Whether he comes or not is a different story.

Can I asked what happened to you're "WE DON'T NEED A MANAGER" signature? It appears to have dissapeared for some reason.

Do you now feel we need a manager?

Plus money

Can he time travel back to play in Europe for us?:rolleyes:

I didn't say he wouldn't want to come to Hearts' date=' but maybe not this season, he may like to play in europe next season. but it wont be with us, maybe the following season.[/quote']

With McGhee leavin in the summer for the Scotland job, Motherwell'll no last the first qualifying round. No player's daft enough to put their career on hold for a couple of Uefa qualifiers - certainly didn't stop Skacel moving to a wee team (and that was CL qualifiers!)

The ghost of revolution past returns.

;)

Should add, shows how far we've fallen when we're discussing whether or not a player would leave MOTHERWELL to come to us.

Re unsettling him, I was of the impression he was out (suspended/injured?) for tonight.

Sure it was mentioned on the radio after the first game...?

Archived