Trance Music

Jeff

When it comes to trance, I am more into Acid, Psy & hard,

And for the young 1's on this thread,

The Egg Master

Not really trance though, is it?

Techno / acid I'd say. Decent tune though.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff

• Irufushi

• Space Mackerel

• trotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not really trance though, is it?

Techno / acid I'd say. Decent tune though.

I agree it is more acid techno but it does verge on to the hard acid trance genre, it is hard pushed to say it's trance, but it's close enough, & we need a techno thread, Edited by swavkav

I agree it is more acid techno, it is hard pushed to say it's trance, but it's close enough, & we need a techno thread,

There's been a few but they never last long.

There's been a few but they never last long.

Some have no taste in the harder side of electronic dance movement.

Rupert Pupkin

When it comes to trance, I am more into Acid, Psy & hard,

And for the young 1's on this thread,

The Egg Master

James knows his stuff,has been making Acid music since he was a mere yolk.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sure I've still got a load of old late 90s trance records (yes actual records on vinyl) stacked away that I could do with getting rid of. Anyone interested?

Riddley Walker

I'm into various types of electronic music but Trance is one genre I've never been into.

However, I did end up at a hard-trance night at the Studios about 10 years ago that was ****ing brilliant.

Progressive trance for me.

Seeing Above and Beyond next month at o2 academy. Seen their sets live before, by far the best sets I've ever been at.

Love this one:

Space Mackerel

In 5 minutes time, every Thursday, 7-9pm, you catch the latest trance stuff on A State of Trance hosted by Armin van Buuren.

If you like dance music there's a great free app, Digitally Imported on the usual stores. I think there's roughly 30-40 channels pumping out all genres 24/7.

Progressive trance for me.

Seeing Above and Beyond next month at o2 academy. Seen their sets live before, by far the best sets I've ever been at.

Love this one:

Listen to their podcast every week, legendary, I was hoping to go see them in Manchester, had tickets but can't make it now.

Never liked the new A&B stuff... loved their old stuff though

56fce277fec03c78189793dff47a519c.png

Again, not a big fan of Armin. Aly & Fila's show is the one to catch every Monday

Space Mackerel

Again, not a big fan of Armin. Aly & Fila's show is the one to catch every Monday

It's a bit cheesy but the last 15 mins is when he ramps it up. 138 specials are decent.

I've been over to Holland for a couple of the annual radio party's in Den Bosch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a bit cheesy but the last 15 mins is when he ramps it up. 138 specials are decent.

I've been over to Holland for a couple of the annual radio party's in Den Bosch.

Aye he does play some decent uplifting towards the end but the first hour is generally dire. His live sets are ok but when he plays the big festivals he totally sells out.

You seen Aly & Fila live?

Space Mackerel

Aye he does play some decent uplifting towards the end but the first hour is generally dire. His live sets are ok but when he plays the big festivals he totally sells out.

You seen Aly & Fila live?

20,000 there I believe for the first one I went to, the 500 party. Paul Oakenfold was in another room which was another reason I went., I've got the MP3. The main stage was on another planet, there was 2 couples about 70 giving it big licks [emoji23] Good crowd and not one ned in sight. Plenty people from all nationalities. About as far from Brexit as you can be [emoji23]

Never seen them live but listened to the odd show now and again. Solarstone is another amongst others.

Space Mackerel

Listen to their podcast every week, legendary, I was hoping to go see them in Manchester, had tickets but can't make it now.

I'm not so sure you get the trance vibe pal after hearing all your right wing stuff [emoji23] Good luck spouting your NWO chat at that gig and see how you go. [emoji23]

Is the correct answer. I flew over especially for manchester a few weeks ago. What a night that was

:muggy: away with you.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great track, but you are genuinely suggesting it as the greatest dance (not just trance) track of all time? Nope, not having that. I could name you three better tracks that were released this year alone. So I will:

Edited by trotter

Rudolf's Mate

I do actually appreciate that it comes down to personal opinion however those three tracks could have been released at anytime in last 20 years! It's same old, same old however I'm really not a fan of this kind of stuff. Makes me think of Scooter [emoji23]

I do actually appreciate that it comes down to personal opinion however those three tracks could have been released at anytime in last 20 years! It's same old, same old however I'm really not a fan of this kind of stuff. Makes me think of Scooter [emoji23]

Scooter tend to rip songs off and mc over the top of them so not a bad comparison haha

Space Mackerel

Individual tracks are one thing but when you marry them into a set it's a different kettle of fish.

I've literally Shazammed hundreds of tracks whilst driving, I don't even know where to start posting my favourites.

I'm not so sure you get the trance vibe pal after hearing all your right wing stuff [emoji23] Good luck spouting your NWO chat at that gig and see how you go. [emoji23]

Keep on topic, you zoomer.

You or anyone else won't be interested in this wee page that links torrents to the latest releases then?

http://www.vyzetrance.com/

I'm interested, I love trance/melodic tunes. Been getting into a lot of the anjunadeep stuff lately, really like the theo kottis tune he just released.

Are you from up north btw?

Rupert Pupkin

Chris and Cosey - Walking through Heaven. Recorded in 1984 and better than all the crap on this thread.

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

Seen aly and fila live at the arches jeff, was an inside out night so they played a little mire hard trance than id have liked but still killed it.

Sander van doorn and gareth emery are two DJs i like. Aswell as dashberlin for a good vocal trance tune

Seen aly and fila live at the arches jeff, was an inside out night so they played a little mire hard trance than id have liked but still killed it.

Sander van doorn and gareth emery are two DJs i like. Aswell as dashberlin for a good vocal trance tune

The one just before new year? fairly sure I was there too

• 1 month later...

Another amazing set from above and beyond on Thursday there.

"2001 the golden years" tonight, should be a few trance classics. System F - Out the Blue has to be a must

I love my trance music. There is only one classic. Been remixed to death and this is, in my humble opinion, the best of them all. Step forward Mr Van Buuren and take a bow son.

Some of my all time favourites. Some probably wouldn't be classed as trance anymore.

Can't seem to embed them for some reason. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by The Earl of Mothsbery

Y traxx, mystery land one of the best.

Also, I prefer the remix to lost in love, by trance all stars. Could have the wrong artist, although I'm sure it's trance all stars.

Edited by Irufushi

Y traxx, mystery land one of the best.

Also, I prefer the remix to lost in love, by trance all stars. Could have the wrong artist, although I'm sure it's trance all stars.

I have the original 12" can't remember what the B sides were.

That Golden Girls track up the top there is an absolute belter too.

I found most of the genre obsessions a bit flaky anyway. All a bit subjective and liable to change.

Most of the best electronic tunes started genres of their own. Trance for example was pretty much the same wee riff on a keyboard put over the top of whatever new dance tune an aspiring artist tried to get out there. Between 1998 and about 2003 it struggled to sell copies without that wee binary finery riff jammed in to the chorus somewhere. The version of Delirium's Silence that everybody knows for example. There was a much better version of that song doing the rounds in 2000 that Paul Okenfold played at Home in Sydney. I think it was dropped by Nick Warren at Cream's Birthday party when I was there about the same time. Can't remember which birthday it was...

I found most of the genre obsessions a bit flaky anyway. All a bit subjective and liable to change.

Most of the best electronic tunes started genres of their own. Trance for example was pretty much the same wee riff on a keyboard put over the top of whatever new dance tune an aspiring artist tried to get out there. Between 1998 and about 2003 it struggled to sell copies without that wee binary finery riff jammed in to the chorus somewhere. The version of Delirium's Silence that everybody knows for example. There was a much better version of that song doing the rounds in 2000 that Paul Okenfold played at Home in Sydney. I think it was dropped by Nick Warren at Cream's Birthday party when I was there about the same time. Can't remember which birthday it was...

Saw Oakenfold in Sydney in 2000. Wasn't at Home, though- was some big event at a university campus. Chicane also played live. Loads of Orientals running around smothering themselves in Vicks Vaporub.

Anyway, on the point, "original" trancey version of Silence was from around then. Amazing track.

Mystery Land also amazing. But good example of what you refer to as the flaky division of genres.