• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff

• Irufushi

• Space Mackerel

• trotter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't have a link at the moment but be sure to youtube "Gareth emery ft no Bruce "u" (Bryan Kearney remix)"

Absolute banger , can't beat a bit of cheesy vocal trance

Don't have a link at the moment but be sure to youtube "Gareth emery ft no Bruce "u" (Bryan Kearney remix)"

Absolute banger , can't beat a bit of cheesy vocal trance

Yeah I love that track

Unfortunately trance is another one of those genres that has been hijacked of late and is now associated with something completely different to what it was originally. In the 90s trance was a dominant genre and the likes of Luvely at Wilkie House were some of the best times of my life.

This was a particular favourite.

You would need to be pilled oot yer box to enjoy that pish*

*I imagine :look:

I've got time for nearly every genre of music but I've yet to hear a trance song that's I've not thought was an unmitigated pile of shite

Great shout on that remix of U. A few of my particular favourite uplifters of recent times are Vast Vision - Alpine, Simon O' Shine - Our Distant World, and Tiddey - Savage Emotion.

I've got time for nearly every genre of music but I've yet to hear a trance song that's I've not thought was an unmitigated pile of shite

Same.

There's usually at least some good track I've heard in any genre but there's nothing positive I can really say about trance.

It's just so cheesy and cringeworthy.

Very popular with the ned community as well.

Same.

There's usually at least some good track I've heard in any genre but there's nothing positive I can really say about trance.

It's just so cheesy and cringeworthy.

Very popular with the ned community as well.

I disagree, I think that's very much a stereotype tbh. I've been to the arches in Glasgow many many times for trance events and never once encountered any bother in a venue tightly packed with 2000 people. I think people are there just to enjoy the music!

I disagree, I think that's very much a stereotype tbh. I've been to the arches in Glasgow many many times for trance events and never once encountered any bother in a venue tightly packed with 2000 people. I think people are there just to enjoy the music!

I've been to one streetrave colours party at the Arches that was a Sasha Digweed trance night in about 1998 and it was almost exclusively full of bams off their nut on pills. There was a massive brawl in the toilet that resulted in tons of police hanging around for hours. I also accidentally went to a trance night at the soundhaus called Rectify that was full of total bams. We wanted to see Si Begg at innercityacid which was on the Saturday night but my mate got his dates mixed up and we went on the Friday night instead. It was ned-tastic. Fat, orange females in angel wings and those mental wooly mammoth looking furry boots and guys in Ben Sherman shirts with more facial scars and less teeth than braincells.

We lasted about 3 minutes and the pricks wouldn't give us our money back. The music was utter baws as well.

Trance is beloved by neds in Glasgow I'm afraid.

Paul van dyk remix of synthsaisai (sp) is one of the a time greats. Throw southside spinners in there aswell

• 1 month later...
Randy Marsh

Some of the pish posted on this thread is not what I would have called Trance either. Sounds nothing like the classic Trance Nation 1 album that I bought in my early teens. Seems like the term 'Trance' has moved more towards happy hardcore these days.

Edited by Randy Marsh

Some of the pish posted on this thread is not what I would have called Trance either. Sounds nothing like the classic Trance Nation 1 album that I bought in my early teens. Seems like the term 'Trance' has moved more towards happy hardcore these days.

Disagree in a way.

Although I much prefer the older trance (e.g the last track I posted) some of the newer stuff is great and just has a 'newer' sound, still trance.

JamboInSouthsea

'Trance' probably covers a wide spectrum of sounds and has, like most music varieties, been hijacked by producers wanting to make a quick buck by making a commercial variety.

The same thing happened after 87/88 when house/acid came in to the mainstream as it were. Used to go to 'Acid Affair' or was it just 'Acid' on a Wednesday night at The Mission. Lived in Dophinton at the time so no drink or drugs...still on the dance floor from start to finish so stone cold sober.

Always loved a bit of Goa Trance to dance the night away too....but 'Yes' tis better after some of Albert Hoffman's creation or a meeting with Mandy...or preferably both :)

'Trance' probably covers a wide spectrum of sounds and has, like most music varieties, been hijacked by producers wanting to make a quick buck by making a commercial variety.

The same thing happened after 87/88 when house/acid came in to the mainstream as it were. Used to go to 'Acid Affair' or was it just 'Acid' on a Wednesday night at The Mission. Lived in Dophinton at the time so no drink or drugs...still on the dance floor from start to finish so stone cold sober.

Always loved a bit of Goa Trance to dance the night away too....but 'Yes' tis better after some of Albert Hoffman's creation or a meeting with Mandy...or preferably both :)

Candy flipping eh. Heard my mates talk fondly of this lol.

JamboInSouthsea

Candy flipping eh. Heard my mates talk fondly of this lol.

Indeed, heady daze, fun times :)

Late 90s and early 00s trance was incredible. Have so many memories to some of these tracks. Studied in Liverpool so was lucky enough to have cream on my doorstep! Would go back to that time in a heartbeat!

Central Belt 1874

Late 90s and early 00s trance was incredible. Have so many memories to some of these tracks. Studied in Liverpool so was lucky enough to have cream on my doorstep! Would go back to that time in a heartbeat!

:spoton:

Silvery_Moon

Paul van Dyk remix of this one is good

I automatically assumed you were talking about the Humate track but I see you weren't.

Edited by p0ab2

JamboInSouthsea

Although not necessarily labelled as trance I did like some early chilled out drum and bass (found it puts me in a nice frame of mind)....this from a brilliant compilation, easy to chill out to without any stimulants.

p.s. mentioned this as twas from a similar era.

Edited by JamboInSouthsea

Guest GhostHunter

I've been to one streetrave colours party at the Arches that was a Sasha Digweed trance night in about 1998 and it was almost exclusively full of bams off their nut on pills. There was a massive brawl in the toilet that resulted in tons of police hanging around for hours. I also accidentally went to a trance night at the soundhaus called Rectify that was full of total bams. We wanted to see Si Begg at innercityacid which was on the Saturday night but my mate got his dates mixed up and we went on the Friday night instead. It was ned-tastic. Fat, orange females in angel wings and those mental wooly mammoth looking furry boots and guys in Ben Sherman shirts with more facial scars and less teeth than braincells.

We lasted about 3 minutes and the pricks wouldn't give us our money back. The music was utter baws as well.

Trance is beloved by neds in Glasgow I'm afraid.

You're tarnishing the genre just because of your experiences in the ned capital of the world.

I've been to trance nights pretty much in all the big cities in the UK, plus some overseas, and agree, Glasgow nights are undeniably horrific, however, and it's a big however, most of the other nights I've been have been outstanding nights out.

Much like your choice of music - trance has it's niches, it's not all handbag stuff that appeals to the neds of ra weej - some of the deeper or heavier trance is pretty cool.

It's much like anything in life - you like it or, you don't - and I guess as well, much like anything in life - don't go to Glasgow to experience it, as it'll always be a disappointment

:ninja:

:D

Gregory House M.D.

Unfortunately trance is another one of those genres that has been hijacked of late and is now associated with something completely different to what it was originally. In the 90s trance was a dominant genre and the likes of Luvely at Wilkie House were some of the best times of my life.

This was a particular favourite.

It hasn't been hijacked or anything else. It became dated and listened to by 30-40 somethings who are still taking party drugs and behaving like neds which in turn has attracted the younger brand of neds.

Also, if people who were into trance in the 90's think the younger generation behave like arseholes it's because you are older. The generation older than you probably said the exact same about you at the time.

Trance music is generally brutal IMO. Each to their own though.

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

• 9 months later...

How does this rate?  It is Trance?  I only ask cos the missus mate is the singer and she is supposed to be killing it in Europe and the States.

How does this rate?  It is Trance?  I only ask cos the missus mate is the singer and she is supposed to be killing it in Europe and the States.

Bit cheesy. I know of her though and she's doing alright for herself.

North Berwick Jambo

Your missus is friends with Emma Hewit? She has an awesome voice, she is an aussie who has been around for years now. She is probably one of the best known vocalist on these type of tracks and she has worked quite a few names like Gareth Emery, Lange, Cosmic Gate, Armin Van Buuren etc.

Your missus is friends with Emma Hewit? She has an awesome voice, she is an aussie who has been around for years now. She is probably one of the best known vocalist on these type of tracks and she has worked quite a few names like Gareth Emery, Lange, Cosmic Gate, Armin Van Buuren etc.

Aye, best friends growing up, she still comes round for a visit whenever she is back in town.  She was in guitar bands for ages but never got recognition till she started singing on Trance tracks.

• 1 month later...

When it comes to trance, I am more into Acid, Psy & hard,

And for the young 1's on this thread,

The Egg Master

Two that have been big features on my playlists recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NVuroLsLKY

Although I will accept that the remix of Access is probably pushing the boundaries of what can traditionally be called trance vs. hard house, but Jon Askew is primarily a trance producer, and it's a cracking track none the less. 

Edited by trotter