Why The SFA hate Hearts

Jambo2006

My cousin is a referee and played for Hearts reserves in the 80's but never made the ist Team and was farmed out to Kelty Hearts he's not a Hearts supporter but follows our fortunes hence he is coming to motherwell with me and my mates on tues night, he is now a ref aged 42, he tells me that the scottish refs dislike foreingn players and it was the same when Dundee had caniggia and all the other quality foreigners they had at the time, nothing went their way either.

He tells me the SFA feels they are a threat to the game against the old firm thats from the inside I wont name my cousin, but of course the old firm have foreigners too and he thinks it's a scandal the way Hearts players are treated and fellow refs are a complete joke in this country

No disrespect but if anyone who mattered from say the SFA or the media wanted to find out who you were referring to then you have given enough clues for them to work it out.

nanananananana-angus

I would say your cousin doesn't see the bigger picture,as in, foreigners that play for the OF are afforded all the protection in the world from the cloggers in the SPL and praise from the Glasgow media ("Brian Laudrup,why are you so good?".-Jim White)

I am not sure that hate is the emotion I see the SFA projecting, I see it more as fear. For as long as I have followed Scottish Football the SFA has been an autocratic organization, run by and toadied to by Scottiish teams owners and officials who are afraid to upset the traditional applecart.

The person(s) who run the SFA must have realized that if there were a number of owners like Romanov their days of dictatorial leadership would be numbered. This is in no way saying that Romanov is right in all he does, but no one can deny he does cause waves, and some of his observations on the Scottish game are spot on. The thought of an increased number of such individuals must be intimidating.

Why would the SFA tremor at this thought, there is it would seem a reluctance by Scottish entrepeneurs to invest in the game, this opens it up for foreign speculation, these persons are not going to invest in a product and be dictated to and restricted by an old boys club, which still lives in the fifties. Investors invest to gain a return , they would not be denied this by an SFA under the present SFA mandate.

Archived