Oscar Pistorius trial

Maroon Sailor

State prosecutors are appealing the 6 year sentence calling it "shockingly lenient".

As others have said still think he lost his temper and shot at her.

State believe that too.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Sten Guns

• redm

deesidejambo

Six years is ridiculously lenient.   Looks like his "I am a worthless destroyed cripple" act worked.

Think we all know that's probable, mate.

Just can't be proven. :(

Jambo-Jimbo

State prosecutors are appealing the 6 year sentence calling it "shockingly lenient".

State believe that too.

Quite right as well.

How can you get 5 years for Manslaughter and only 1 year more for Murder?

I think Judge Masipa shouldn't be allowed anywhere near this case again, as that's twice now that she's made a dogs dinner out of the sentencing.

Ibrahim Tall

South Africa going to just keep re-running this trial until they get a result their happy with? Seems 'fair'.

The constant re-running of the trial is clearly having a likely permanent effect on both the physical and mental health of both Reevas family and Pistorius, given the whole idea of prison etc is both punishment and rehabilitation surely it's time to finally focus on that and allow everyone to get on with both that and there lives.

Arthur Morgan

Who cares about his health, 6 years is nothing for murder. If I was related to Reeva I would be going batshit crazy. Would want him dead.

South Africa going to just keep re-running this trial until they get a result their happy with? Seems 'fair'.

The constant re-running of the trial is clearly having a likely permanent effect on both the physical and mental health of both Reevas family and Pistorius, given the whole idea of prison etc is both punishment and rehabilitation surely it's time to finally focus on that and allow everyone to get on with both that and there lives.

What's the points of law they're appealing on?.

I know its lenient, but they may end up setting him free if they feck up somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
chester copperpot

Denying he's tried to top himself.

More a cry for help this sort of thing. Trying to get public sympathy more likely.

Selfish knob!

Maroon Sailor

More a cry for help this sort of thing. Trying to get public sympathy more likely.

Selfish knob!

It was only a matter of time before a story like this came out.

Let's not forget about a poor murderer in prison. Hope he gets to watch the Olympics and Paralympics

As I understand it trial judge Masipa is still to rule on whether an appeal against her sentence can go ahead.

Re point above this lenient sentence is a big deal in South Africa. Right or wring it's seen as not being justice.

Selfish knob!

Part of me does think it is him trying to say 'I told you I was vulnerable'.

Selfish knob!

Correct mate. He's a dick.

Hes a coward and dangerous scum bag. Anyone can see this " suicide" attempt is a crock of shit. The man needs to be kept in prison but i have horrible feeling he may go to a hospital prison. Utter scum bag 

• 3 weeks later...

Application for increased sentence for murder denied.

By the same judge who ruled him guilty of only manslaughter and sent him down for 5 years.

And the same judge who eventually found him guilty of murder only to increase the sentence from 5 years to 6 years.

SA justice system is a fecking joke and that judge should be made to resign.

:seething: x 10000000000

Application for increased sentence for murder denied.

By the same judge who ruled him guilty of only manslaughter and sent him down for 5 years.

And the same judge who eventually found him guilty of murder only to increase the sentence from 5 years to 6 years.

SA justice system is a fecking joke and that judge should be made to resign.

:seething: x 10000000000

Amazed that it was the same judge that was allowed to decide whether she had made a mistake or not.

I really expected that it would have been taken out of her hands.

chester copperpot

Amazed that it was the same judge that was allowed to decide whether she had made a mistake or not.

****ing mental eh?

An appeal is still possible on this ruling Edited by Mikey1874

The White Cockade

anything is possible now over there in a country where the President is trying to get the Finance Minister arrested

for doing a good job and trying to prevent corruption (ie stopping the President and his cronies get their hands on millions

of rands of Public money) and police chiefs are sacked if they do a good job and go after the bad guys rather than do

dirty work for the men in charge

• 1 year later...
Maroon Sailor

Pleased about the sentence increase - won't bring Reeva back but it's a small crumb of comfort for her family

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Still not long enough.

Does this mean he'll be taken back to real prison and not be living at home watching netflix and eating pizza every day?

Been in the hospital wing of prison 

Home previously 

Maroon Sailor

That Judge  Masipa should never get another murder trial. At times she actually felt sorry for Pistorius.

A joke of a Judge

• 4 years later...
Maroon Sailor

Reeva Steenkamp's parents are preparing to meet her murderer, the former Paralympics star Oscar Pistorius.

It is part of a process that could lead to his eventual release on parole.

The South African athlete has been moved to a prison closer to Barry and June Steenkamp to enable the meeting to go ahead.

Pistorius has served half his 13 years and five months sentence, handed to him for the 2013 Valentine's Day killing.

The Steenkamp family lawyer has previously said the announcement he was being considered for release came as a shock, but that they were willing to participate in what the South African authorities describe as "restorative justice".

As part of this, offenders are expected to speak to their victims or their relatives.

They must also acknowledge the harm they have caused, the department of correctional services said.

He has been moved from a prison in the capital, Pretoria to one in the port city of Gqeberha, previously known as Port Elizabeth, in the Eastern Cape.

Pistorius shot his girlfriend Ms Steenkamp dead in 2013, saying he mistook her for a burglar at his Pretoria home.

He fired four times through a locked toilet door.

On 24/11/2017 at 09:15, Maroon Sailor said:

That Judge  Masipa should never get another murder trial. At times she actually felt sorry for Pistorius.

A joke of a Judge

Bang on mate

SectionDJambo

Has he ever admitted knowing she was in toilet? Until he does, they should keep him where he is. He got a lenient sentence in the first place. He is a danger to any other woman who he may start up a relationship with. 

I still cannot fathom how his first reaction on hearing a noise in the bathroom is to grab his gun and shoot through the door, without even considering that the woman who sleeps next to him and wasn't there might be the one making the noise?...He's never explained it. He should be locked up until he does. I'm 99.9% sure he knew exactly what he was doing that night. Arrogant sod just thought his celebrity and ability to turn on the crocodile tears would help him blag it...

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I still cannot fathom how his first reaction on hearing a noise in the bathroom is to grab his gun and shoot through the door, without even considering that the woman who sleeps next to him and wasn't there might be the one making the noise?...He's never explained it. He should be locked up until he does. I'm 99.9% sure he knew exactly what he was doing that night. Arrogant sod just thought his celebrity and ability to turn on the crocodile tears would help him blag it...

Everything we know about guys who can't control their temper says he knew who he was shooting at. 

He knew what he was doing the toilet was tiny

For me it was an execution

Should rot in jail