• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Sten Guns

• redm

Maroon Sailor

It's going just as Pistorius' mob hoped it would. Waters are getting seriously muddied so by the time this is all over, people will think it was basically an accident and he's been the biggest loser in all of this. They probably equate culpable homicide to a not guilty verdict.

If he gets away with a non custodial sentence how nervous will every woman in South Africa be when they say to their other halfs that they are just nipping to the loo ?

I agree that this is working in OP's favour

"I was asleep in bed and got woken up by a noise coming from the bathroom. I didn't think it could have have been my girlfriend. I did not check to see if she was in bed next to me. Logically, it must have been a burglar. I grabbed my gun from the bedside table, hobbled over to the door on my stumps and blazed 4 shots through the door. I then battered the door down with a cricket bat I had laying around and found out I'd accidentally killed my girlfriend. The defence rests, your honour."

I will be :seething: if he gets away with this

Maroon Sailor

I'm finding this sentencing examination laughable.

Talking about conditions in a prison and how they might make it unsuitable ?

What are prisons supposed to be like for killers ? Some kind of 5 star hotel with a la carte menus ?

Final arguments by lawyers tomorrow (Friday) / judgement Tuesday 21st.

South African prisons discussed today. Prosecution witness who has worked for prisons 31 years saying OP would be well treated incl access to anger management if court asks and sport and likely to be in hospital wing due to disability. A bit against prevailing wisdom and others experience.

Maroon Sailor

Final arguments tomorrow - Judge due to pass sentence on Tuesday 21st October

Not sure what year though !!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Does this happen in every South African murder trial? I'm convinced that this judge is either milking it or shit scared of sending him down

Maroon Sailor

Does this happen in every South African murder trial? I'm convinced that this judge is either milking it or shit scared of sending him down

It was her birthday today - probably had a bet on in March that she could stretch this out til then.

Hope she got a cake - don't want her to go all Yaya Toure on us !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Getting right fed up of this ridiculous circus now. On the day that Roux tries to use threats against Oscar's life from 'prison gangsters' as a means of saving him from jail, some random (& completely unconnected) known heavy turns up just to sit in court and glare at his sister? Seems legit.

Wasn't his biggest fan anyway but the Pistorius family are pissing me off now. Load of theatrical rubbish.

Maroon Sailor

I get the feeling she'll keep him out of prison. She has been too nice a Judge for me.

This should have been wrapped up in May. Certainly not over 20 months from when the killing took place.

Maroon Sailor

Roux laying it on thick again.

Says there was No deviousness, No conscious unlawfulness

Firing a gun at door thinking there is an intruder behind it is not unlawful ?

Nell pointing out that his own house had no railing in teh bathroom/shower so why is it suddenly an issue now that he may be facing jail time :D

:smackdown:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Is anyone following this shit?? The defence are saying he might find it tough to shower in prison - what a fecking joke this whole thing is.

The Judge will let him off here

Getting right fed up of this ridiculous circus now. On the day that Roux tries to use threats against Oscar's life from 'prison gangsters' as a means of saving him from jail, some random (& completely unconnected) known heavy turns up just to sit in court and glare at his sister? Seems legit.

Wasn't his biggest fan anyway but the Pistorius family are pissing me off now. Load of theatrical rubbish.

Loved the bit where OP's brief starts shouting at the prison governor when it's becoming apparent that not only is there no known threat to OP from any prison gangsters but the guvnor says he will put OP in the hospital wing . OP's brief starts panicking "how can you say that !!!" Guvnor calmly says , I can because I am the prison guvnor and also everyone knows that OP is a paraplegic and therefore that's the correct place for him. Absolutely destroyed the lawyer.

Maroon Sailor

If the only reason he doesn't get handed down a custodial sentence is because prison conditions are unsuitable for him then this has to be the biggest waste of time ever in a court of law.

scottish_chicP

Where is the farce?

5 days then adjourn for a sentencing hearing when the judge has heard all evidence and from both prosecution and defence? Really?

This is like having to read out loud the terms & conditions for everything before doing anything.

Edited by Boozyuzi

Rudolf's Mate

She's rattling on a bit now

What she has said so far all leads to a custodial sentence

Yep anything but would now be bizarre.

You wouldnt be out in 2 over here.

Ched Evans was, well 2 and a half of 5?

What ever the case though, does 5 actually mean 5?

Ched Evans was, well 2 and a half of 5?

What ever the case though, does 5 actually mean 5?

Depends on the case and the prisoner.

Maroon Sailor

The defence team say they expect him to serve 10 months in jail then he will be under house arrest !

Outrageous !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Sentence far too lenient

Should have been 10 years at least for the charge he was found guilty of though that charge in itself was insufficient.

He knew what he was doing and I hope that in future years he is reminded of this and we do not see emotional prison release interviews and selling of his story...........but I doubt it so lets hope her family sue him for every penny he has or has squirrelled away.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The judge has basically lacked the nerve to sentence him for a long time but realised that she'll get torn to shreds if he doesn't get banged. Seems to have calculated that house arrest after 10 months or whatever will keep everyone happy.