Oscar Pistorius trial

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

I know what I think happened that night but proving it is going to be nigh on impossible for the prosecution.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Sten Guns

• redm

Wrong thread or is the judicial system in South Africa incredibly harsh

He tees it up and it's in the hole!

The world is is holding its breath with Putin marching over the Crimea and what's on BBC news 24 live,a murder Trail in far of South Africa.

ToadKiller Dog

Paddy power taking bets on the outcome of the trial , money back if he walks .

Shameful money making off the death of a young woman .

Scummy bookie

Scummy bookie

:lol:

Is that meant to be as tongue in cheek as it sounds!?

Regal Kingston

Scummy bookie

That's dreadful. What a shame on her family.

If I was the dad I would publicly stake a bet and make them look like the horrible *******s they are.

I have a feeling he is going to walk.

His defence team have had a lot of time to put together a ridiculous case to get him off.

If he was black he probably would have been sentenced within a couple of days.

The boy is a murderer simple as that.

He is going to be the next OJ.

Scummy bookie

:rofl:

Question from defence to neighbour: Could there have been shots fired before you woke up?

Answer from neighbour: I heard four gun shots after I woke up. The court has confirmed that there were only 4 gun shots fired.

Defence: But you are not answering my question. Could there have been gun shots before you woke up. :facepalm:

He was following this line of questioning to imply that it may not have been gun shots she heard, but in fact the whacking of a cricket bat on the bathroom door...

Edited by hughesie27

Maroon Sailor

Defence lawyer doing what he's paid for. Trying to undermine the witness by confusing the crap out of them.

Maroon Sailor

Why is he asking her questions about what her husband thought he heard that night ?

How about asking him directly ?!

Defence lawyer doing what he's paid for. Trying to undermine the witness by confusing the crap out of them.

The Chewbacca defence coming up soon.

Sky South African lawyer expert saying what first witness saying not being translated properly from Afrikaans to English though she was speaking English just before the photocopying break. Says he thinks she is credible.

He's guilty as feck, his story has been a laughable tale since he first came out with it.

Neighbour today saying she heard arguing for over a hour before the gunshots.

Neighbour yesterday saying she heard two shots then screams then two more shots.

He'll maybe get off because he's a famous white bloke. The problem with SA justice is that there is no jury, it's all up to the Judge.

The White Cockade

He's guilty as feck, his story has been a laughable tale since he first came out with it.

Neighbour yesterday saying she heard two shots then screams then two more shots.

He'll maybe get off because he's a famous white bloke. The problem with SA justice is that there is no jury, it's all up to the Judge.

Being a famous white bloke won't help him

Yeah.

Already evidence from witnesses that they were arguing not long before she was shot which was denied by him. Did he think no neighbours would come forward? Interesting trial and the reaction in South Africa.

The way things are in South Africa right now I would be very surprised if being white would be of any benefit to him whatsoever. If anything the opposite would apply.

dobmisterdobster

Scummy bookie

paddypoweroscar-campaign-2014_46_460.jpg

Disgusting. What an awful, detestable, loathsome way to draw attention to their shitey little betting website.

Edited by dobmisterdobster

Templeton Peck

Even the wording of it is in pretty poor taste. Thought Paddypower would have learned their lesson after getting their knuckles wrapped for financing Dennis Rodmans North Korea trips.

paddypoweroscar-campaign-2014_46_460.jpg

Disgusting. What an awful, detestable, loathsome way to draw attention to their shitey little betting website.

Is it any different to a newspaper reporting the story and selling copies off the back of it? Both are making money off of misery essentially. This is horribly, horribly crass obviously but the principle is the same.

Maroon Sailor

******* hell I thought the whole money back if he walks thing was a joke :facepalm:

It is !

Maroon Sailor

Witness today, a professional boxer, said he shot a gun in a restaurant previously and asked the owner to take the blame. The prosecution's obviously trying to point out he was a bit trigger happy even before shooting his girlfriend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-26445206

From that BBC article

" The 27-year-old double amputee denies intentionally killing her, saying he mistook her for an intruder. "

Yeah she looks the spitting image of a locked toilet door

Oscar's story:

He got woken up by noises coming from the bathroom. The bird wasn't in bed. He then assumes that a young black man has broken into the bathroom through the window. He takes the time to attach his legs, then grabs his gun from the bedside table and fires 4 shots through the bathroom door. He then opens the door to find that he hadn't just killed a home invading black youth but his girlfriend who was taking a pish.

Nice story Oscar. :vrface:

Guest C00l K1d

Oscar's story:

He got woken up by noises coming from the bathroom. The bird wasn't in bed. He then assumes that a young black man has broken into the bathroom through the window. He takes the time to attach his legs, then grabs his gun from the bedside table and fires 4 shots through the bathroom door. He then opens the door to find that he hadn't just killed a home invading black youth but his girlfriend who was taking a pish.

His story does sound like shite.

But i don't get why someone as well known as him would just go killing his girlfriend as blatant as that.

Oscar's story:

Its a terrible story imo.

I've got a theory on what happened.

The 2 of them have been having a row and he's chased her to the toilet holding the gun.

He's fired shots at the door to scare her thinking the door will hold the bullets and sadly it didn't.

Just my reckoning on what's happened.

Its a terrible story imo.

I've got a theory on what happened.

The 2 of them have been having a row and he's chased her to the toilet holding the gun.

He's fired shots at the door to scare her thinking the door will hold the bullets and sadly it didn't.

Just my reckoning on what's happened.

Very unlucky to hit her 3 times out of 4, then ...

He's going to be found guilty and he looks guilty as sin.

As Moogsy said, being white can make life more difficult in South Africa rather than easier.

He'll be going away for a long time I'd expect.

But i don't get why someone as well known as him would just go killing his girlfriend as blatant as that.

Would you understand it if he wasn't famous?!?

Guest C00l K1d

Would you understand it if he wasn't famous?!?

Well someone who wasn't unknown and no one knew who's house his belonged too probably would have a better chance of not getting arrested for it.

I assume everyone knows in SA who oscar pistorious is, and the folk who live around about him know where he lives.

I don't think murder is alright at all.. if that's what you're trying to imply.

Well someone who wasn't unknown and no one knew who's house his belonged too probably would have a better chance of not getting arrested for it.

I assume everyone knows in SA who oscar pistorious is, and the folk who live around about him know where he lives.

I don't think murder is alright at all.. if that's what you're trying to imply.

Not turning to imply anything. I'm just interested in why it would have been more understandable if he wasn't famous.

It's still not clear what happened, but it sounds like it was probably more "heat of the moment" decision making...and one where someone's chances of getting arrested may not have come into the thought process.

But then, if he did do it, I won't even begin to try and understand how he could have, for reasons other than him thinking that he could have got away with it.

Edited by Peebo

Guest C00l K1d

Not turning to imply anything. I'm just interested in why it would have been more understandable if he wasn't famous.

It's still not clear what happened, but it sounds like it was probably more "heat of the moment" decision making...and one where someone's chances of getting arrested may not have come into the thought process.

But then, if he did do it, I won't even begin to try and understand how he could have, for reasons other than him thinking that he could have got away with it.

Maybe so.. but surely he would be innocent of a premeditated murder charge then, if it was a heat of the moment thing?

I'm not sure what i think really TBH.

Could just be that OP is prone to extreme anger and lost control of himself. Think prosecution will try to show this.

Maroon Sailor

Maybe so.. but surely he would be innocent of a premeditated murder charge then, if it was a heat of the moment thing?

I'm not sure what i think really TBH.

Premeditated imo

He didn't see anyone so why instantly think it was an intruder when he knew his girlfriend was in the house with him ?

Why not sound some warning shots ( if he was so intent on using his gun ) in to the roof to scare off any intruder or even just threaten them verbally that he had a gun and is not afraid to use it ?

Why not wait until the person came out of the toilet ?