• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Chrambo

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never seen this thread before so it's been good to listen to each track back to back. You can really see his musical progression!

Good to see JKB was there from the ground level!

Thug life!

Creepy Lurker

http://www.d4nnyoffi....com/about.html

His website says he is from Birmingham?!

I thought he was from Edinburgh :(

Anyway, I think we need a D4NNY picture with him hiving it 5 1

Is anyone on twitter able to reach out to him?

One time I was trawling through Youtube for D4NNY content and found a video where he explains this. He's being interviewed by two guys about his music, and apparently 'Goodbye' was written because he was leaving Birmingham to move up to Scotland. He had lived in Scotland when he was younger, moved to Birmingham and then moved back again.

Creepy Lurker = real D4NNY fan :jjyay:

According to his Facebook, his new track wasn't due to be released til tomorrow but Vevo leaked it early ruining the anticipation.

**** Vevo.

Definitely lives in Edin as in a few of his videos he's at Edin College.

Think he's studying a PHD in slayin mandem.

Funded by working part time with his Uncle's carpet fitting business. A dab hand but he's still better at laying phat beats.

http://www.d4nnyoffi....com/about.html

His website says he is from Birmingham?!

I thought he was from Edinburgh :(

Anyway, I think we need a D4NNY picture with him hiving it 5 1

Is anyone on twitter able to reach out to him?

achieved mainstream acknowledgement with the self release of ?Goodbye? in 2013

yas!.gif:rofl:

Funded by working part time with his Uncle's carpet fitting business. A dab hand but he's still better at laying phat beats.

Seems we have a stalker on our hands.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Doesn't he say he is a musician not a magician?

You guys just don't get it

If nothing else, he is at least a lyrical magician.

Doesn't he say he is a musician not a magician?

You guys just don't get it

Definitely sounds like 'I'm a straight up magician, I ain't a magician' to me.

Nice to see that he never stopped chasing his "dreams AND 'OPES". Also noticed he hasn't given up his vocal technique of sounding like he's recording it under his duvet late at night so his mum doesn't hear him.

He's so ambition though.

Rad.

Nice to see that he never stopped chasing his "dreams AND 'OPES". Also noticed he hasn't given up his vocal technique of sounding like he's recording it under his duvet late at night so his mum doesn't hear him.

He's so ambition though.

Rad.

MYF4sIc.jpg

...a bit disco

According to his Facebook, his new track wasn't due to be released til tomorrow but Vevo leaked it early ruining the anticipation.

**** Vevo.

Premature release?

Pity his mum never grasped that concept.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

From the Guardian last year:

Malcolm Gladwell reckons the key to success in any field is practising a specific task for about 10,000 hours. Well, sadly in this case, he's wrong. D4nny clearly hasn't practised the art of rap for that amount of time (or if he has he surely would have been slapped with an asbo after numerous complaints from his long-suffering neighbours). But he's managed to gain a video that has been viewed 1.2m times. As Geoffrey Boycott would say, "My Mum could do better." And 1.2m views! Let's put that into context ? the 50th greatest song ever in the history of music (according to Rolling Stone) is Smokey Robinson and the Miracles's The Tracks of My Tears, which has THE SAME AMOUNT OF VIEWS. Oh the humanity. If your timing, hair, backing track and dancing ? which consisted of repeatedly moving your hand over one knee ? was terrible, you might think twice about a career as a rapper. Not D4nny, who went viral this week with Goodbye, a melancholy song in which the British-Asian youth rather depressingly says goodbye to everyone in his life at the same time as he unexpectedly says hello to 1.2m views. This is truly the Plan 9 from Outer Space of music videos. It's shot at a table in what appears to be an abandoned mall, and on a particularly unscenic bit of scruffy hillside, where D4nny sways back and forth morosely and sings through a bizarre reverb that makes him sound like a five-year-old girl. You can see the shadow of the cameraman. Then D4nny teaches us the sign of goodbye. Spoiler alert: it's a wave. To add to the sense of awesome mystery, while saying goodbye, D4nny's cap reads: "I love haters!" As commenter Z3Rv puts it: "Why are you doing this to yourself???????????????????" We couldn't have put it better.

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

Why cant I stop watching them...!?!? :veryangry:

"You're the girl I want, when I write your name I do it in a nice font"........feckin priceless lyrics

:rofl: :rofl:

Edited by moz

I P Knightley

"You're the girl I want, when I write your name I do it in a nice font"........feckin priceless lyrics

I'm going to learn all the actions to that one (Mind (points at head); Time (points at watch)) and when the girls see me do the dance, I will be hoaching with f4nny.

I'm going to learn all the actions to that one (Mind (points at head); Time (points at watch)) and when the girls see me do the dance, I will be hoaching with f4nny.

Careful now, danger of drowning in serious moistness there if you do...although its a hard task to copy the master.

The "Beautiful font" lyrics are at 1:30......I'm even trawling the comments section now on you tube, brightened up a dull day for sure...

Wait, his youtube video of goodbye has almost 5m views?

:what:

He was on Rude Tube with Alex Zane.

ACTUAL TELEVISION.

Blowing up big tym brah.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:lol:

I'm having to stifle giggles in the office. It's the look on his face, like this tune is OFF DA HOOK

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If his font selection is as imaginative and creative as his lyrical writing, he'll no doubt settle for typical shitty Comic Sans.

Prick.

:muggy:

Edited by peter_hmfc

I P Knightley

Careful now, danger of drowning in serious moistness there if you do...although its a hard task to copy the master.

The "Beautiful font" lyrics are at 1:30......I'm even trawling the comments section now on you tube, brightened up a dull day for sure...

I thought to look at the comments but figured that any nastiness in there would spoil a very special moment.

I P Knightley

Well, you get the general idea.

Nae need, D-t-D!!

I'm away from home and reading through those lyrics, alone here in this faraway bar, is making me weep.