Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
11 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

A mate of mine has his six year old son down as some mad shagger. Put a post on about his kids writing their Christmas cards out and his daughter sending them to her friends and his son to "all the birds". He then put "god know where he gets that" with a wink emoji. Which is funny, because I don't remember him being particularly popular with the lassies. 

He can only mean the mother, then.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Салатные палочки

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

5 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Is it a bottle that cools your drink or something? Still trying to fathom the two at work, one in the bedside table thing mentioned earlier!

https://www.chillysbottles.com/uk

they keep drinks cool for 24 hours and hot for 12. I have 2 at work, one for water and one for hot drinks. 

On 05/12/2019 at 22:56, superjack said:

Anyone seen the new ad for chillys? Do t even know what chillys do or are but I hate the advert.

Just realised I've posted in the wrong thread, meant to be the annoying advert thread. Duh.

• 2 weeks later...

Soon be time for the mock surprise and anger that Creme Eggs/Easter Eggs are in the shops already. Even though this is what happens every ******* year!

On 22/12/2019 at 09:16, iantjambo said:

Soon be time for the mock surprise and anger that Creme Eggs/Easter Eggs are in the shops already. Even though this is what happens every ******* year!

Can't believe they don't say Easter on them! Booo hiss !!!1!!1 

Someone I work with has just posted “yay 3 days off!!” and everyone is telling he deserves the break and expressing pity at how hard he works. 

Meanwhile in the real world the little shit has only worked 4 days in the last fortnight. 

Салатные палочки

This may sound a wee bit controversial but since when did it become the in thing for whole families to go out during the festive period giving out clothing to the homeless? Also, cafes and restaurants opening on Christmas day to feed the homeless. 

Now I have absolutely no problem with what they are actually doing however, taking 25 photos, including selfies with the goods you are giving out just seems a bit desperate for "likes". I don't actually remember so many people doing this before social media was around. 

Perhaps I am just being cynical but to me, anyone doing this these days and posting it on social media seems to be doing it as they are desperate for attention. Fair enough, do it but don't splash it all over your Facebook. 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

This may sound a wee bit controversial but since when did it become the in thing for whole families to go out during the festive period giving out clothing to the homeless? Also, cafes and restaurants opening on Christmas day to feed the homeless. 

Now I have absolutely no problem with what they are actually doing however, taking 25 photos, including selfies with the goods you are giving out just seems a bit desperate for "likes". I don't actually remember so many people doing this before social media was around. 

Perhaps I am just being cynical but to me, anyone doing this these days and posting it on social media seems to be doing it as they are desperate for attention. Fair enough, do it but don't splash it all over your Facebook. 

I had not noticed an uptick in people doing this--I had noticed, like you have, an increase in people splashing it all over their social media. The argument that it encourages others to act in similar fashion seems to me self-serving, at best. Or like charity capitalism in the case of the businesses.

An absolute angel I am deeply privileged to know--and who doesn't even have any social media accounts--has flown out to Romania and will be helping prepare the Christmas meal and making crafts with the children at a shelter today. Now that is charity, and she's doing it better than any of the twats selfieing themselves giving a knit hat to a homeless guy.

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yep. Attention seeking first and foremost with charity as an afterthought. Better than no charity at all though. 

12 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Totally agree in regards to people looking for attention and desperate for “likes”

I suppose if it means an uptake in people doing it (though Justin has said he’s not seen an actual increase), it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Edited by Tynieman

13 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

That reminds me of that sleep in the park thing they have at Princess St Gardens each year.  It's not really about helping the homeless but more about themselves (selfies etc) and trying to score brownie points whilst massaging their own ego's.  

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

That reminds me of that sleep in the park thing they have at Princess St Gardens each year.  It's not really about helping the homeless but more about themselves (selfies etc) and trying to score brownie points whilst massaging their own ego's.  

Always thought it was a tad crass pretending to be homeless for an evening - with the fallback option of just going home if it got a bit cold.

What next - pretending you have cancer for a day? 

1 minute ago, skinnybob72 said:

Always thought it was a tad crass pretending to be homeless for an evening - with the fallback option of just going home if it got a bit cold.

Closest thing to that was a few years back.  There was a social media craze where folk poured an ice bucket over their heads.  I think it was to do with MS or some other illness.  Appreciate that it was for a good cause but that truly was annoying Facebook behaviour.

2 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

Too late, there's already that #bravetheshave nonsense where women get their head shaved to raise money for cancer charity. A good friend of mine is a cancer survivor who went through chemo and it infuriates her. 

9 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

The sleep in the park is one of the cringiest things I’ve ever seen. It seems to miss the point completely. People spend a night outside and think they now know what it’s like to be homeless. 
It’s great that so much money is raised for people who are homeless but if you want to get involved then just donate money to the many homeless charities out there instead of making it look like it’s one big party!

17 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

The sleep in the park is one of the cringiest things I’ve ever seen. It seems to miss the point completely. People spend a night outside and think they now know what it’s like to be homeless. 
It’s great that so much money is raised for people who are homeless but if you want to get involved then just donate money to the many homeless charities out there instead of making it look like it’s one big party!

Apparently at the one last year KT Tunstall (singer) arrived in a private helicopter.

Better call Saul
22 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Apparently at the one last year KT Tunstall (singer) arrived in a private helicopter.

If true where on earth did she have the helicopter land? 

Better call Saul
On 24/12/2019 at 21:02, Randy Marsh said:

So true

My work got involved and it was photos galore 

Look at me look at me it was  on twitter what's app Facebook tagging all the big bosses in does my but in. 

Quite scary, the antipathy towards people publicizing what they are doing for charity, yes, its self agrandisizing (sp). It does though get us talking and being aware of less fortunate people in situations.

We have a couple of Facebook neighbourhood watch pages. There was a big fight on the street up from mine last night which resulted in arrests and it’s all kicking off on Facebook today.

Actually not sure it’s for this thread as I’m finding it all rather amusing rather than seethe inducing. 

3 hours ago, Helzibob said:

We have a couple of Facebook neighbourhood watch pages. There was a big fight on the street up from mine last night which resulted in arrests and it’s all kicking off on Facebook today.

Actually not sure it’s for this thread as I’m finding it all rather amusing rather than seethe inducing. 

Screenshots please.

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Screenshots please.

It’d take me too long to redact them. Some people saying how dare they scare kids and their behaviour is abhorrent. Others sticking up for them basically saying we all drink too much sometimes and they should be judged by the courts and not by their neighbours. 

The most astonishing bit.......a woman put through a rear car window using her forehead, totally smashed to pieces. WTF, that takes some level of drink/rage. 

13 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

It’d take me too long to redact them. Some people saying how dare they scare kids and their behaviour is abhorrent. Others sticking up for them basically saying we all drink too much sometimes and they should be judged by the courts and not by their neighbours. 

The most astonishing bit.......a woman put through a rear car window using her forehead, totally smashed to pieces. WTF, that takes some level of drink/rage. 

It's fine just leave all the juicy bits in, we won't tell 😂👍

1 hour ago, Helzibob said:

What was smashed to pieces ,head or window.I know what one I’d prefer🤣.

On 27/12/2019 at 01:41, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Deleting my FB app was one of the best things I've ever done. Totally recommend it! 

Agreed , I deactivated my FB a long time ago , every so often i log in if I want to find a certain pic or something otherwise it stays off. Thankfully they have now set it so you don’t have to deactivate it again every seven days.

I keep the messenger app on and thats it. 

The fakeness of it annoys me though. We have the perfect life. No ya don’t hen , yer bloke ****s about and the reason you are away on holidays every 5minutes is hes punting lines tae the wee lassies hes pumping. A lad I know up here pretends to be a PT and in love wi his gf who he cheats on constantly. He’s just engaged to her and all ya see on social media is - omg you are so perfect together , him going omg i love you and her going omg you are so special there is no one like you. 🙄

sums social media up to me

Edited by sadj

When someone is selling something on one of the local classified pages and a couple of people click like.  They must think by clicking like that it is going to help sell it.  If you like it, ****ing buy it. 

29 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

When someone is selling something on one of the local classified pages and a couple of people click like.  They must think by clicking like that it is going to help sell it.  If you like it, ****ing buy it. 

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of people who allow themselves to get ripped off on FB.

They buy things from people and send them full payment even though they’re putting their trust in a complete stranger. They then moan like **** because Barry from Gateshead promised to deliver the bike that they paid £100 upfront for and now he’s not answering their messages.

Demand that it’s payment on delivery ya plum!

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of people who allow themselves to get ripped off on FB.

They buy things from people and send them full payment even though they’re putting their trust in a complete stranger. They then moan like **** because Barry from Gateshead promised to deliver the bike that they paid £100 upfront for and now he’s not answering their messages.

Demand that it’s payment on delivery ya plum!

I live ruraly and the brass neck of some of them when putting a price on second hand things   they'll have bought something for £100 2 years ago and want 80 for it   I'll just buy new.  Though these west coast celts will do anything for a couple if pound   do you know that the Gaelic alphabet only has nineteen letters in it? There is no XJKYZQ  they sold them to Poland for a carry out.  Greedy teuchter swines...

8 hours ago, sadj said:

The fakeness of it annoys me though. We have the perfect life. No ya don’t hen , yer bloke ****s about and the reason you are away on holidays every 5minutes is hes punting lines tae the wee lassies hes pumping. A lad I know up here pretends to be a PT and in love wi his gf who he cheats on constantly. He’s just engaged to her and all ya see on social media is - omg you are so perfect together , him going omg i love you and her going omg you are so special there is no one like you. 🙄

You seem angry mate. Are you OK?

56 minutes ago, Del Monty said:

You seem angry mate. Are you OK?

I’m perfectly fine , just don’t like that kinda shit. Social Media is false but when people peddle that falseness to make money etc or that falseness causes others to question themselves its not right. 

Exactly this. The falseness winds me right up. I'm not sure who they are trying to convince, that they have an amazing life, themselves or others. I had a break from social media earlier on in the year, reluctantly returned as I was missing all sorts of information regarding my daughters classes and school. It's a nessecery evil for me. 

Better call Saul
36 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

I was missing all sorts of information regarding my daughters classes and school. It's a nessecery evil for me. 

This is where I am. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, G.Wright said:

Exactly this. The falseness winds me right up. I'm not sure who they are trying to convince, that they have an amazing life, themselves or others. I had a break from social media earlier on in the year, reluctantly returned as I was missing all sorts of information regarding my daughters classes and school. It's a nessecery evil for me. 

I deleted Facebook etc from my phone. I still have them but on the iPad so only really have a look in evenings now. Saves me wasting so much time reading people’s shit all day long now. 
What I don’t like is they inventing all these new notifications just to make make you open the app and look and it’s even more nonsense than before. Just randomly starts telling you some twat has added to their tragic stories or whatever. 

18 hours ago, sadj said:

With regard to the people that you claim are “false”. If it upsets you wouldn’t the easiest solution be to “unfriend” them? 

Seems like a fairly straightforward fix, unless I am missing something?

Салатные палочки

I've made a resolution to spend far less time scrolling through FB and start reading more at nights.  I found myself over the holidays picking up my phone scrolling through it and seeing the exact same stuff I had seen an hour before.  Total waste of time.  I would delete it but there is a couple of groups that really interest me on it.  

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Isn't facebook mainly for the elderly now?

And African football experts if you follow any of the sports feeds. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

With regard to the people that you claim are “false”. If it upsets you wouldn’t the easiest solution be to “unfriend” them? 

Seems like a fairly straightforward fix, unless I am missing something?

im talking social media in general , i dont use my fb very often. It doesn’t upset me either. Many people do however see all this fake stuff on social media and think **** i dont have that when in actual fact these people dont really have this perfect life they portray. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

im talking social media in general , i dont use my fb very often. It doesn’t upset me either. Many people do however see all this fake stuff on social media and think **** i dont have that when in actual fact these people dont really have this perfect life they portray. 

Ah right, I thought you were talking about yourself rather than FB in general. 

Some people are always going to make out their life is a bit more lavish and exciting than it actually is. Even before FB/Instagram I remember people doing that, it was just that they had to tell people in person rather than post it on platforms. 

You just have to be able to recognise people like this and take the things they say with a pinch of salt. 

9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Ah right, I thought you were talking about yourself rather than FB in general. 

Some people are always going to make out their life is a bit more lavish and exciting than it actually is. Even before FB/Instagram I remember people doing that, it was just that they had to tell people in person rather than post it on platforms. 

You just have to be able to recognise people like this and take the things they say with a pinch of salt. 

very much so , i think however with society as it is and how much little things can affect peoples mental state its one of the worst things. As you said before the embellishment was in person and it wasn’t in your face the same. The visualisation of it through some peoples social media makes it more though provoking as such and therefore has a more detrimental effect on some. Its amazing the clarity and happiness you can get just switching off to social media when you are feeling down or struggling with your own self worth. Unfortunately for many its very difficult to do.