Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

People that still fall for these stupid competitions where they're "giving stuff away" because they're unsealed / damaged boxes / overstocked.

It's absolutely ridiculous.  Seen one the other day for a "Play Station Four" giveaway.  All you have to do is share the post, like it on their page and comment with the word "Done" to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 200 Play Station Fours.

It's called a PlayStation 4.  No space, and a number.  If they were really giving it away, you'd think they would spell it properly.  Their claim that they can't sell them because they're unsealed is ridiculous, why could they not?

Over 10,000 people had commented on this.

When are people going to learn that these things are a total con?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Салатные палочки

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

A friend on my FB is about to start an internship with the church to become a minister. As it's an internship he is not paid whilst training/studying. Today he posted that he is looking for as many of his friends as possible to sponsor him ?10 a month so he can afford to do the internship. I suggested that, seeing as he is based in Edinburgh, why does he not get a part time job to subsidise. His response was, it is something he might have to consider as a last resort of he can't raise the money by scrounging. Personally, I wouldn't have the brass neck to announce in public that I don't want to work whilst studying, so can others please give me their hard earned cash?

A friend on my FB is about to start an internship with the church to become a minister. As it's an internship he is not paid whilst training/studying. Today he posted that he is looking for as many of his friends as possible to sponsor him ?10 a month so he can afford to do the internship. I suggested that, seeing as he is based in Edinburgh, why does he not get a part time job to subsidise. His response was, it is something he might have to consider as a last resort of he can't raise the money by scrounging. Personally, I wouldn't have the brass neck to announce in public that I don't want to work whilst studying, so can others please give me their hard earned cash?

One of the Mrs facebook friends was on the scrounge for folk to pay her wedding. Set up a just giving etc.

Thankfully it got feck all response.

Wasn't her sister was it? :lol:

:lol:

*******s will end up getting it all paid for them by his old man. Just know it!

People that still fall for these stupid competitions where they're "giving stuff away" because they're unsealed / damaged boxes / overstocked.

It's absolutely ridiculous. Seen one the other day for a "Play Station Four" giveaway. All you have to do is share the post, like it on their page and comment with the word "Done" to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 200 Play Station Fours.

It's called a PlayStation 4. No space, and a number. If they were really giving it away, you'd think they would spell it properly. Their claim that they can't sell them because they're unsealed is ridiculous, why could they not?

The absolute BELL ENDS that comment of a free car giveaway by some made up BMW page which shows the photo in a car showroom with a shitty bow on and comment "White please"

Nookie Bear

I suspect the training and studying would not leave much scope for part-time work and I also expect some like-minded friends may contribute on the basis he is Doing God's Work ?

Folk who take photos of their food such as salads and say "back on the diet" two days later their scoffing a chippy "back to the diet on Monday"

Sexton Hardcastle

People who insist on sharing their run or walk on Strava.

Very good. You put your trainers on and ran half a mile.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

"Here's a picture of tonight's dinner! Nom nom nom."

Spaghetti Carbonara on holiday, with a close up of a sunburnt partner enjoying his beer, with the sunset in the background.

Hope a Sea Urchin finds its mark.

I cannot stand 'nom nom nom'. Nothing on Facebook makes me angrier and full of unrelenting hate than this

tokyowalnut

Checking in to a bar and having 'Drinking anything alcoholic' on their status.

That and Checking into their own house.

F Off.

KineticBeat

F Off.

Or even worse: Checking into their own bed.

Edited by KineticBeat

Ryan Jarman

People who share David Wolfe posts are up there with folk who share Britain First stuff imo. 

"Proud to be a mum"

"Proud to be a dog owner"

"Proud to be a horse owner"

Everyday this planet pushes me further towards being a serial killer.....

Rudi-Robertson

F Off.

Even worse is when they check in as such

Tokywalnut checked into Lloyds Bar eating: Drinking anything alcoholic

Other shithole pubs are also available

Or even worse: Checking into their own bed.

What's even more worse is checking into hospital.

Attention seeking *****

Bindy Badgy

It's absolutely ridiculous.  Seen one the other day for a "Play Station Four" giveaway.  All you have to do is share the post, like it on their page and comment with the word "Done" to be in with a chance of winning 1 of 200 Play Station Fours.

It's called a PlayStation 4.  No space, and a number.  If they were really giving it away, you'd think they would spell it properly.  Their claim that they can't sell them because they're unsealed is ridiculous, why could they not?

There was one a while ago about Zuckerberg giving away cash to FB members. Yeah, he's going to give it to some random people on the internet as opposed to friends, family and charities.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-scam-that-claims-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-giving-away-billions-of-dollars-continues-to-circulate-a6788476.html

Edited by Stokesy

716da607ef197d9506b32be388d1da3e.jpg

This guy does my nut in. This is an average type post for him. He then likes his own photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Jarman

716da607ef197d9506b32be388d1da3e.jpg

This guy does my nut in. This is an average type post for him. He then likes his own photo.

:rofl:

**** off. He's no real :lol:

Has a single bed with superman bedsheets...Nap.

Actually....

91a23852c424809524bdc94686930625.jpg

William H. Bonney

That is not a single man's bed.

Depends what type of man we're talking about. One I wouldn't let my children near I reckon.

Latest "challenge"

LOVE YOUR PARTNER CHALLENGE DAY #1

I was challenged by my friend XXX to post photos of us for 7 days and tag two friends to keep the celebration of love going. So let's show some love to our partners!

I challenge XXX & XXX to do the 7 day Love Your Partner Challenge.

:facepalm:

Tag someone so they have to look at this picture for no reason.

LOLOLOLOLOL COOL :muggy:

Tag someone so they have to look at this picture for no reason.

LOLOLOLOLOL COOL :muggy:

:cornette:

Facebook patter must be amongst the worst in the world.

Ryan Jarman

:cornette:

Facebook patter must be amongst the worst in the world.

A friend of mine tagged his bird in a photo that said 'Tag a little bitch' as a joke. She didn't see the funny side. Nae hole for a bit mate :rofl:

Салатные палочки

22 press ups for 22 days challenge.  Video of someone doing 22 press ups then nominating someone else to do 22 press ups and post it.  "Challenge" for someone who doesn't normally do press-ups but it's usually some narcassistic gym goer nominating another narcassistic gym goer.  

Looking sharp :rofl:

Jesus, we must all have someone like that on our friends list :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cyprus Jambo

22 press ups for 22 days challenge.  Video of someone doing 22 press ups then nominating someone else to do 22 press ups and post it.  "Challenge" for someone who doesn't normally do press-ups but it's usually some narcassistic gym goer nominating another narcassistic gym goer.  

This is meant to be an awareness thing for PSTD for military personnel................but as above some seem to not understand that and make others a 'cahllenge'.

Салатные палочки

This is meant to be an awareness thing for PSTD for military personnel................but as above some seem to not understand that and make others a 'cahllenge'.

I didn't know that.  Good cause, shit way of promoting awareness.  

I'm really not trying to be a pedantic **** but is that meant to be PTSD or is PSTD something entirely different? Genuine question.

Edited by iantjambo

Cyprus Jambo

I'm really not trying to be a pedantic **** but is that meant to be PTSD or is PSTD something entirely different? Genuine question.

My crap typing - PTSD is correct (as for my spelling - check challenge at the end of my sentance).

I didn't know that.  Good cause, shit way of promoting awareness.  

IIRC, the 22 bit comes from the number of US veterans that commit suicide every day due to PTSD, and other conditions brought on by service.

Please can we have more posts from the sharp looking fella.

Daily updates :rofl:

e1380b107fa80e786b94e5c51ea2ca10.jpg

"Working the look" in this one.

Салатные палочки

e1380b107fa80e786b94e5c51ea2ca10.jpg

"Working the look" in this one.

That's a Hibs trackie surely.