** Official JKB Fashion Superthread **

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

It always seems like there's new threads about new threads so I figured a Superthread might be popular.

I'd hope this could be used to ask for advice, post recommendations or let others know about deals.

With that in mind, I'm in need of a new jumper that I can wear to the office over a shirt. A lot of the ones I've bought in the past haven't held up after a couple of washes so looking for something that might last a bit longer.

It always seems like there's new threads about new threads so I figured a Superthread might be popular.

I'd hope this could be used to ask for advice, post recommendations or let others know about deals.

With that in mind, I'm in need of a new jumper that I can wear to the office over a shirt. A lot of the ones I've bought in the past haven't held up after a couple of washes so looking for something that might last a bit longer.

I like John Smedley for jumpers - they're quite expensive but you occasionally see them in tk maxx. For cheaper jumpers, Uniqlo's merino knits are good value for the money. About ?30, decent quality and last well.

Just got a couple of merino Lyle & Scott v necks for that very purpose, Sterling. 75% off in the sale so I got 2 for 70 quid Bateman.gif

Can't help I'm afraid. I solely shop in matalan and tk maxx

TK Maxx is the dug's if you have a good eye and a little patience.

Guest C00l K1d

Last time i was in they had quite a few ralph lauren v necks.

The decent colours were in dodgy sizes though and the decent sizes where lemon yellow and lime green :laugh: Think you just need to be lucky in tk max

TkMaxx have clothing specially made for there stores, there was a documentary on a while ago that lifted the lid on this, the quality they sell is no where near the standard that you would get from from some of the designer names that sell in big name stores.

The People's Chimp

Those brogues are very nice. Looks like a slightly slimmer profile to the Loakes I bought recently. Reckon you could wear them with a suit? Mine could only go with a wool suit, something a bit 'rougher' than normal, I think.

I bought a lovely jumper in Reiss just before Christmas, not sure I'd be washing it all the time, so dunno if it could be called hard wearing, but you should have a look in there. I actually managed to find a nice lambswool sweater in Topman, worth an occasional look.

Sterling Archer

I haven't actually got them yet, wasn't planning to wear them with a suit as I think you're probably right.

Will have a look, thanks

Smedley are the best you can get.

However a bit pricey for everyday wear. Pop into Debenhams. The Jasper Conran merino jumpers are a good fit and quality. Nice compact V as well, not the wizards sleeve you can get with some cheaper ones.

BoJack Horseman

Just got a couple of merino Lyle & Scott v necks for that very purpose, Sterling. 75% off in the sale so I got 2 for 70 quid Bateman.gif

But then do you not have to cut about with a L&S badge on your breest?

Vivienne Westwood.

Classy & quality.

Post Xmas sales they were half price in Cruise and Harvey Nichols.

Maybe a bit too dear for everyday wear though.

gcgD3QM.jpg

Sexton Hardcastle

Vivienne Westwood seem to be on a bit of a Barbour trip at the moment. All the lessers football players/managers seem to sporting it quiet a lot at the moment.

• 1 month later...

What is an acceptable form of headwear for the modern gent as we exit winter? A hat is useful to avoid looking like Georgio A. Tsoukalos on a breezy spring day.

Over to you, kickback. No baseball caps please, we're British.

What is an acceptable form of headwear for the modern gent as we exit winter? A hat is useful to avoid looking like Georgio A. Tsoukalos on a breezy spring day.

I got one of these for Xmas

STORNOWAY%202013.jpg

Also have a dark brown cord flat cap.

I like them, but not for me to pontificate. ;-)

I like a flat cap but I'm a bit young. Doesn't look right on someone under 40 imo.

I like a flat cap but I'm a bit young. Doesn't look right on someone under 40 imo.

60 IMO

TheMaganator

Get yourself a Lock & Co.

http://www.lockhatters.co.uk/Gill-details.aspx

I've got mysekf a gorgeous grey number - with a bit of blue through it.

It's a traffic stopper

0B361C96-8E9E-4363-84DF-5B97C5D20BD7-5195-00000482A75CFD63_zps253e8701.jpg

Guest C00l K1d

I go for a bobble hat myself.

Can't see it being to the taste of the fashionistas on here though :(

• 4 weeks later...
ArcticJambo

http://www.asos.com/Men/Jumpers-Cardigans/Fairisle-Jumpers/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=14483&r=2

...and you won't need to grow a beard either. Cool.

Guest C00l K1d

Quite like their branded logo stuff, they've got a fair whack of weird stuff though.

Wouldn't be seen dead in their patterned clothes personally.

http://store.abandonshipapparel.com/product/moth-sweatshirt/

Don't get that look at all.

Sterling Archer

Quite like their branded logo stuff, they've got a fair whack of weird stuff though.

Wouldn't be seen dead in their patterned clothes personally.

http://store.abandonshipapparel.com/product/moth-sweatshirt/

Don't get that look at all.

Pretty much where I'm at. No chance you'd catch me in "3/4 length drop crotch sweatpants"

There stuff is well made though and I'm a fan of the less outrageous styles.

Got quite a few tshirts from them when they first started up (anchor and cross ones mainly) but recent designs haven't been up to much imho!

Decent bunch of guys though, started 3 years ago with 300 quid!

bajthejambo

Just bought a couple of shirts on the Urban Outfitters site from their Sale with a further 20% Off. Came to ?44 for them both. Quite happy with that.

Guest C00l K1d

Now that the nicer weathers in, what are you slick gentlemen wearing for sunglasses?

I'm looking for more of a style rather than a brand, would like to get a pair of designer ones at some point but just now i'm looking for some driving sunglasses and maybe out and about now and again, but i'd hardly wear them out of the car.

Over to you kb.

BoJack Horseman

Now that the nicer weathers in, what are you slick gentlemen wearing for sunglasses?

I'm looking for more of a style rather than a brand, would like to get a pair of designer ones at some point but just now i'm looking for some driving sunglasses and maybe out and about now and again, but i'd hardly wear them out of the car.

Over to you kb.

www.toyshades.com

Plenty styles to choose from, cheap, decent quality, unbranded. I've got a few but I'll mostly be rocking these fellys.

RH08_large.jpg

Can't beat a pair of classic Aviators for sunnies IMO. Not a fan of plastic frames at all.

www.toyshades.com

Plenty styles to choose from, cheap, decent quality, unbranded. I've got a few but I'll mostly be rocking these fellys.

RH08_large.jpg

:rofl:

BoJack Horseman

There's a few Ray Bans i really like, mainly the chunkier framed ones though.

Can't justify ?100+ on shades just now though.

Ray%20Ban%20RB%204165%20601_8G.jpg

The Vagabonds from toyshades are pretty similar to them if you just want a cheap pair for cutting about in.

The People's Chimp

Rayban clubmasters for the people's chimp, occasionally swap them for a pair of wayfarers. Looking to add some oakley frogskins to the collection. Have some of those carerra safaris as well, but they're a bit big for my face so have gone off them.

Adidas consortium primeknit campus. Look pretty cool. Pre order at end. Nice fetching maroon as well.

ACCP_Blog4.jpg

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/blog/adidas-consortium-campus-80s-primeknit-launching-26th-april/

• 1 month later...
scott_jambo

Rayban clubmasters for the people's chimp, occasionally swap them for a pair of wayfarers. Looking to add some oakley frogskins to the collection. Have some of those carerra safaris as well, but they're a bit big for my face so have gone off them.

Adidas consortium primeknit campus. Look pretty cool. Pre order at end. Nice fetching maroon as well.

ACCP_Blog4.jpg

http://www.endclothi...ing-26th-april/

:facepalm: Not again. Every.Single.Thread.

Guest C00l K1d

No.

They do scream ''i love oasis i wish it was still the 90s'' tbf.

Just looking for a hat to wear in the summer when i'm lazy and can't be bothered doing my hair :laugh:

The People's Chimp

:facepalm: Not again. Every.Single.Thread.

What? A Scott Jambo breakdown?

Archived