True detective

Muppetboy

jd williams was in the sopranos but that graph doesn't show it.

Forgot about that.

He was one of the guys that jacked the truck with Brendan in S1 and accidentally shot the driver.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peebo

• Muppetboy

• Ribble

• Say What Again

William H. Bonney

Forgot about that.

He was one of the guys that jacked the truck with Brendan in S1 and accidentally shot the driver.

The very episode.

I've got the first two episodes downloaded on the laptop but haven't watched them yet. Might give it a try tonight.

I've watched the first series of the Blacklist and thought it was decent. I'll need to start watching season 2 soon.

don't think the first season of the blacklist is finished mate.... there are 22 episodes of which some haven't aired yet :-)

jd williams was in the sopranos but that graph doesn't show it.

Sure the graphic only shows actors who have appeared in at least 3 episodes of each show!

Jase Robertson

Just watched the first episode, looks like a slow burner to be sure. Intrigued, looking forward to the rest of the series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watched it, fell asleep so cant remember anything about it, will catch up on demand. Note to self....cut down on red wine so as to avoid falling asleep again.

The Greek's righthand man is this week's wire alumnus.

No the best episode, but boiling up nicely to a good conclusion.

Yeah, Vondas.

He's a good actor.

Really liked episode 6. Have to admit that I have absolutely no idea where it's going but I'm totally hooked.

Gripping, intense and compelling viewing. Gutted there's only 8 episodes and the chances of a second season must be slim considering the nature of the plot

Gripping, intense and compelling viewing. Gutted there's only 8 episodes and the chances of a second season must be slim considering the nature of the plot

Pretty sure I read there will be other series, but with different subject matter/characters in each.

The series will use an anthology format, with each season featuring a different cast of characters and story.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Detective_(TV_series)

Pretty sure I read there will be other series, but with different subject matter/characters in each.

Seemingly the 2nd series is different actors and aother new case.

That's me just watched the first 6 episodes. A bit slow to start off, episode 4 was brilliant as has 5 and 6. Who else wanted to punch the head clean aff the wife? It's close to the best series I've seen.

That's me just watched the first 6 episodes. A bit slow to start off, episode 4 was brilliant as has 5 and 6. Who else wanted to punch the head clean aff the wife? It's close to the best series I've seen.

:thumbsup:

Aye and then go and kick some woodland creatures to death.

:cornette:

Craig Gordons Gloves

why? I thought it was brilliant script writing and adds to the excellent way that they have you thinking one thing about a character on;y to have that view changed over the series so far. I think it's superb that she went out and had sex with Cohle and the cool way she told Hart who had the cheek to be angry after shagging that wee lass and the other one.

why? I thought it was brilliant script writing and adds to the excellent way that they have you thinking one thing about a character on;y to have that view changed over the series so far. I think it's superb that she went out and had sex with Cohle and the cool way she told Hart who had the cheek to be angry after shagging that wee lass and the other one.

it is brilliant script writing i agree. Hart pumped 2 strangers to his wife, the fact she went and done it with his partner, and especially when they seemed to be warming to each other and friendship could have blossomed had me raging :lol:

Watched episode 5 and 6 yesterday, brilliant. That lass Harrelson cheated on his wife with is stunning, any guys out there who like a bit of nudity in their tv shows i highly recommend Banshee, not just for the stunning women, it's also a great show, that lass is also in it.

IMDB link - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2017109/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Say What Again

Mind the spoilers tags chaps.

Not everyone has watched it bang up to date. Some people might not have watched it at all and checking this thread to see what all the fuss is about.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Mind the spoilers tags chaps.

Not everyone has watched it bang up to date. Some people might not have watched it at all and checking this thread to see what all the fuss is about.

Good point! Sorry. I can't go back and edit it for some reason.

Another brilliant episode. A bit pissed off next week is the last one. And that the characters and location will change for next series.

As above , loads of people have been on about it recently , is it any good and does anyone have a dodgy link to watch it ????

Just downloaded the first 7. Looking forward to it. Everyone I've spoke to about it, says it really does live up to the hype.

Yeah, its really good.

Its hard to put your finger on why its so enjoyable because I can't think of anything else like it.

Matthew McConaughey is definitely part of it, he's brilliant. Woody Harrelson and the rest of the cast are also very good.

The setting is great, the deep south, the religious fervour, the poverty, Katrina.

The topic is horrible. It gets worse as you watch more episodes. However, its not a gore-fest. There are some terrible scenes, but they're few and far between, especially for an HBO show.

I'm fascinated by the fact that next week will apparently close out this storyline, and season 2 will introduce a brand new one.

Watched episode one last night - it has potential, looking forward to watching the rest of it.

I envy you

Just waiting on the finale. Hard to think how they will better season 1

Guest GhostHunter

Just watched first 2 episodes last night and I'm hooked.

Very strong performance from Matthew Mcconnaughey...

Its a slow burner but very worthwhile watching.

T Bone Burnett soundtrack is excellent that last episode will need to shift to end the story.

Edited by Jamboelite

Just binge watched the first 7 episodes over the last two nights, and it's phenomenal. Bleak as hell, but fascinating nevertheless. McConaughey and Harrelson are excellent, and whoever takes on the main parts next season will have a hard act to follow.

Also,as well as HBO crossover actors, also noticed a couple of Banshee actors in it. I'll put them in spoilers for those watching at Sky Atlantic pace

The young girl from the brothel who Marty ends up cheating with plays the wayward Amish girl, who's Kai's niece, in Banshee. Also, the meth cook who gets blown up plays a fanatical Amish teacher turned killer.

Like many HBO shows, I thought the finale was a bit disappointing and anti-climactic. I guess I was just expecting something a bit different.

Overall superb series, though.

I don't think any ending could have lived up to what had gone before. An absolute masterpiece and a great final episode.

Say What Again

Like many HBO shows, I thought the finale was a bit disappointing and anti-climactic.

Ive just finished watching HBO's Deadwood for the first time. 3 series, 36 episodes, which I was thoroughly enjoying, and felt was building nicely up to a big finale.

Very anti-climatic as you say.

Ive just finished watching HBO's Deadwood for the first time. 3 series, 36 episodes, which I was thoroughly enjoying, and felt was building nicely up to a big finale.

Very anti-climatic as you say.

There was supposed to be more than 3 series but HBO dropped it.

Same with Carnivale.

Both shows never got to reach their natural conclusions unfortunately.

Say What Again

There was supposed to be more than 3 series but HBO dropped it.

Same with Carnivale.

Both shows never got to reach their natural conclusions unfortunately.

That's a pity as. Some great characters and great performances. Ian McShane's being the obvious stand-out.

I wonder why they dropped it. It can't have been ratings surely? I thought it was excellent.