True detective

Muppetboy

Caught the first two episodes from America of this new cop partnership show and it's got me hooked already. Definitely a slow burner but woody harrelson and Matthew mcconaughey are awesome in it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peebo

• Muppetboy

• Ribble

• cosanostra

McConaughy sucks the life out of me watching this. I really can't see what the fuss is about. Boring

It is an acquired taste. I find watching both of them fascinating, really great actors. Watch the third one later,just downloaded it.

rudi must stay

McConaughy sucks the life out of me watching this. I really can't see what the fuss is about. Boring

He's boring till the crucial scenes, when his acting is incredible

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I've got the first two episodes downloaded on the laptop but haven't watched them yet. Might give it a try tonight.

I've watched the first series of the Blacklist and thought it was decent. I'll need to start watching season 2 soon.

I've got the first two episodes downloaded on the laptop but haven't watched them yet. Might give it a try tonight.

I've watched the first series of the Blacklist and thought it was decent. I'll need to start watching season 2 soon.

The Blacklist season 2 doesn't start in the US until September, I think.

Craig Gordons Gloves

True Detectives is excellent. Some quality acting and while there is little to no violence in it, it's terrifying at the same time. Last night was a great episode, particularly McConaughey describing how religion started with the 2 monkeys.

Absolutely no idea where the story is going which makes it even better.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The Blacklist season 2 doesn't start in the US until September, I think.

Right enough. It is the second half of season one that has just started. I mistakenly thought it was season 2.

Just watched the first two episodes of True Detective.Great acting,storyline and soundtrack. If you are looking for action, this is not the series for you.

Just watched episode 4, great episode, great show. Mathew McConaughey is brilliant in it.

Rudolf's Mate

He is definitely an acquired taste however despite having a lull in his career, IMO he's getting stronger and stronger.

Harleson has also been very good but its been MM acting over two slow first episodes which kept me sucked right in. The third took it up a notch with the story really starting to take grip.

Only reason I haven't watched the fourth is because I finally talked the Mrs into watching Game of Thrones from the start and she's hooked on that.

The idea is we'll revisit TD once we can watch several episodes as I hate having to wait for the next one when something is good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say What Again

Watched the first four of these over Sunday/Monday and like others, I'm hooked. Without saying too much, I'm intrigued to know where the stories going.

I only wish I'd held off another month and could have watched all 8 back to back. Instead I'm now having to wait to be drip fed an episode a week :(

Another intense episode this week. All starting to piece together more now, don't know if I can believe what's being suggested by the 2 questioning officers

alwaysthereinspirit

Another intense episode this week. All starting to piece together more now, don't know if I can believe what's being suggested by the 2 questioning officers

Yeah I'm not believing were they're going.

alwaysthereinspirit

Go'n shut up with the teasers and hints eh?

Sorry, i thought you already knew they both died in a shoot out in the interview rooms. Messy as all hell. :bobby:

Great so far.

A couple of familiar HBO faces popping up already.

Brother Mouzone from the Wire and Freeman / Chief Lambreaux from the Wire / Treme.

Laroy from Sons of Anarchy too.

Looking like another ace from BDO tbh, superb performances so far from Harrleson and McConaughey!!!

Should really avoid jumping from admin threads to tv treads, I of course meant HBO ffs

Bizarrely, I was looking at that earlier today.

11 actors made appearances in both Oz and The Wire.

And 7 Sopranos were also in Entourage!

And 7 Sopranos were also in Entourage!

I don't think that's right.

There's Meadow, Beansie, AJ's little latina burd Blanca and Skip, the cop who liases with Pussy.

Bizarrely, I was looking at that earlier today.

11 actors made appearances in both Oz and The Wire.

There must be quite a few Oz and Wire actors in Treme too.

Say What Again

There must be quite a few Oz and Wire actors in Treme too.

4 Treme/Wire

2 Oz/Treme

With Clarke Peters appearing in all three AND True Detective :lol:

Edited by Say What Again

I don't think that's right.

There's Meadow, Beansie, AJ's little latina burd Blanca and Skip, the cop who liases with Pussy.

Oops you are correct dunno how I counted 7 on the graph thing!

Great show. Agree on the consensus above that MM is excellent.

He's far from the only good thing tho. Woody Harrelson is also great, and the slow burning nature of the show (compared to HBO's track record of Oz, The Wire, The Sopranos and Game of Thrones and their ultimate descent into ultra violence) is - for now at least - very welcome.

By far my favourite show of the last year or two so far.

Edited by Rab

not one mention yet on this thread about the amazing rack on the bursd Harrelson's character is banging :bitgay:

Who is she? :pinilla:

Edited by Eddie

not one mention yet on this thread about the amazing rack on the bursd Harrelson's character is banging :bitgay:

Haha, watched ep5 last night and I mentioned something off here to the missus. She's convinced that JKB is just an endless stream of pervy comments so straight away hit me with a dig about how we'll all love it for the boobs.

I was able to act all aloof and smugly tell her that it hadn't been brought up.

Cheers Eddie.

:thumbsup:

She's named in post three...and in post five, I was not talking about the shithole that is Louisiana...

Say What Again

Well worth Google image searching "Alexandra Daddario true detective" :)