(Yams) Financial Meltdown- UBIG shares remain frozen/Transfer ban remains (The Highlight Reel)

Gregory House M.D.

251 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred outcome from the financial problems over at Yam land?

• I get scammed for a pretend Lithuanians inside scoop
    • I make an arse of myself kidding on I'm in the know
    • I end up a figure of ridicule on JKB
    • I see my hopes and dreams slowly fade into the distance

"unpredictable as a clown's tears"

That is possibly the wankiest simile I have ever heard. Just utter, utter shite.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest if you were there it hurt and still does. Not as much as Dens in 86 hurts but it still hurts because it has given them a way out of everything that has happened since. But back to original point... I defy any Hearts fan that was at the game to say that it wasn't hugely painful at the time and for quite a few years after that.

Really?

Damn - I was going to go for that one - it's a stoater

HibsNibsuser-offline.pngFirst Team Regularavatar412_32.gif Join Date Apr 2002 Location Easter Ross/Road Posts 653

They'll be like us except they've had the benefit, in terms of "success" on the pitch and resultant uplift in crowds, that blowing ?70m+ of funny money brings. If they only have to spend a season or two in the wilderness to pay for it then that'll be a pretty good result for their shameless (shameful) followers. Of course, no-one else in football recognises their three cup wins in this period as valid.

What i like about it is that it starts as very reasonable , and ends with a statement of pure fantasy

What I love about this is the period of time that our "shameful" behaviour covers has started to extend - we'll soon be striped of the 1956 scottish cup (I suspect the tactic will be to reset the Scottish Cup count to zero so they can at least compete in the honours list in some way).

I also love the contradictions about supporting your team - I'm not sure if we've all to walk away or we've to fight for the club - apparently they are all legends for Hands of Hibs yet we are shameless for supporting the team - I'm a bit lost ??

I also love the contradictions about supporting your team - I'm not sure if we've all to walk away or we've to fight for the club - apparently they are all legends for Hands of Hibs yet we are shameless for supporting the team - I'm a bit lost ??

Our active role in saving the club kind of irks them.

Bear in mind it took Mercer to waken those arseholes up to the fact that their pissy outfit was being absolutely wankered by Duff & Gray.

The shame.

:lol:

Our active role in saving the club kind of irks them.

Bear in mind it took Mercer to waken those arseholes up to the fact that their pissy outfit was being absolutely wankered by Duff & Gray.

Y

The shame.

Zachly Craigieboy

No, I'm 34. I just don't get it... If it was the highest scoreline between us, fine. 5-1 tops everything.

No one said that 5-1 in a major cup final, never mind the first in over a hunner years, didn't top it.

However, unless you've experienced a loss as humiliating as that, you'll never understand the pain it caused. It's still sore, believe me. I have been convinced and remain convinced that I will see a reversal of that score in my lifetime. The annoying thing is we've had two gilt edged opportunities to do it, one the 4-1 game at Tynie and then in the Cup Final and on both occasions our own managers have told the team to take their foot off the pedal.

"Little less"? Filleting them 5-1 in the final of the Scottish Cup, in front of the whole of the UK, made it matter just a "little less"? Are you barking?

Honestly, why would anyone care about those two points 40 years ago?

I am amazed people are even bothered. The 19th May was the 'finisher'... It couldn't be more clear if we'd frozen them with a Sub-zero blast and then sidled over to them and tore their head and spinal cord out and displayed it to the applauding audience, as a loud ghostly voice yelled "FINISH THEM!"

You are right Sir David,

I was at the 0-7 debacle and it was a sore one to take but we were singing the Hearts song two hours later. It did give them some bragging rights and that's the price you have to pay. 4-0 and 5-1 however won us the Scittish Cup twice. Absolutely no comparison. Malmo also did us a huge favour this season. If you ever see one of these clowns with a 0-7 shirt on you just say, oh aye, good side Malmo.

They've now turned their attention to the main stand again. According to bajillions its crumbling & some health & safety gadgy has said it needs demolished.

Now is this the same main stand that other than some slight rust was sound when they reported it at the start of the season?!

They've now turned their attention to the main stand again. According to bajillions its crumbling & some health & safety gadgy has said it needs demolished.

Now is this the same main stand that other than some slight rust was sound when they reported it at the start of the season?!

No worries, just be another excuse for Hearts Fans too step up to the mark wae some money ;-)

Stumbling from one straw to the other.

'Jist shut the yams doon maaaan'

Pay particular attention to Vagillions and Pervy Sergey... they are up to their eyeballs in their fantasies now, they could not back out if they tried. When this shit gets sorted, they are going to be left looking extremely stupid. I wonder if the fans that paid subscriptions to read their communiques from Sergeys yacht will just shrug it off, or will they actually be pissed off at being strung along by these two Walter Mitties. :rofl:

Fill yer boots fella...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?158395-Financial-Meltdown-UBIG-s-shares-REMAIN-FROZEN-Transfer-Ban-Remains/page1241

(Wear rubber pants though)

Cheers fella! That'll be Saturday morning taken care of. :thumbsup:

Lets be honest if the Rodents had beat us 5-1 in the Cup Final they would never even mention their 40 year ago freak result.

Ironic too that their freak result only happened because of their financial advantage due to Tom Hart. That all went belly up a few years later when they went into receivership. Cheats too eh?

The one thing these fuds can never live down is that they only exist because we spared them. Pity. Mercer should have kept going.

Still, I suppose thrashing their more highly paid team of stars in the final will do me just fine.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You are right Sir David,

I was at the 0-7 debacle and it was a sore one to take but we were singing the Hearts song two hours later. It did give them some bragging rights and that's the price you have to pay. 4-0 and 5-1 however won us the Scittish Cup twice. Absolutely no comparison. Malmo also did us a huge favour this season. If you ever see one of these clowns with a 0-7 shirt on you just say, oh aye, good side Malmo.

To be fair Swansea exposed Malmo

"unpredictable as a clown's tears"

That is possibly the wankiest simile I have ever heard. Just utter, utter shite.

made me a bit puzzled as well :uhoh2: i'll just have a few more jd's and coke to make sense of it :tiny:

Hearts Heritage

No one said that 5-1 in a major cup final, never mind the first in over a hunner years, didn't top it.

However, unless you've experienced a loss as humiliating as that, you'll never understand the pain it caused. It's still sore, believe me. I have been convinced and remain convinced that I will see a reversal of that score in my lifetime. The annoying thing is we've had two gilt edged opportunities to do it, one the 4-1 game at Tynie and then in the Cup Final and on both occasions our own managers have told the team to take their foot off the pedal.

Having been there maybe it was being only 14 it only mattered until We horsed them at Tynecastle in the next league game.

I would not swap a 7-0 for

17 in a row

22 in a row

Robbo's 27 goals

As Chief Grouser said

So the 6-2 game was a freak, a one-off, a never-to-be-repeated show. Yet for far too many Hearts fans the 6-2 defeat was a weeping wound they refused to let heal. The other results that season were 0-0, 1-1 and 0-0, so that puts it into its proper context. This is what I mean by looking at history. The MORI pollsters would eliminate the rogue result from their market research. In 1929, Hearts played Hibs four times within the space of a month. They finished 8-2, 1-1. 5-1, 5-1. (I wonder which result the pollsters would disregard on this occasion?) So Hearts look at the bigger picture, whereas all Hibs fans talk about is 7-0 and 6-2. They even write the scorelines on their funny little hats. But you can tell the Hearts fans from the Hibs fans - Hearts fans would be the ones wearing Very Big Hats, which would say 10-2, 8-2, 7-1, 6-0, 6-0, 8-3, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 5-0. But we choose not to. We choose not to clutch at the straw of a good result here and there - Why, anyone might think that a 6-2 victory heralded the start of Something Good! Too many Hearts fans remember losing the second half 4-1 but no-one remembers it should never have been 2-1 to Hibs at half-time, and had only Colgan not saved Niemi-style from Gordon Durie in the 40th minute, then recent derby history would have been different. Too many Hearts fans carried around that bunch of bananas in their collective backpack simply to attract monkeys. Hopefully after the victory at Easter Road that particular chimp is as dead as the one hanged by the populace of Hartlepool in 1807.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm torn between giving that one massive :cornette: or thinking it's actually pretty well written.

I'm more shocked that anyone read it in full???

I got to the 'wind changed' and that was me done.

FFS Paulo, why did you tell the boys to take the foot off the gas :sob:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There excuses are in already for Sunday's gemme against the Celtic and "yet another" poor home turnout

Apparently Sunday early KO and on TV is to blame..........

Now I wonder when we cannae sell out Fester fur the semi, can we use that excuse??

Doctor FinnBarr

I've managed to amass more than a thousand posts over there in the last few years without detection but tonight I'll out myself in spectacular style on that thread I think. Best leaving it til the early hours when the Mods appear to be tucked up with their sisters.

Wish me luck

:2thumbsup:

Just to clear things up, a yam is a slightly orange vegetable. Makes sense although still pretty poor.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

New Years game against the weakest Hearts team in recent history had so much value to them, they can't realise how desperate that sell out now appears

I've managed to amass more than a thousand posts over there in the last few years without detection but tonight I'll out myself in spectacular style on that thread I think. Best leaving it til the early hours when the Mods appear to be tucked up with their sisters.

Wish me luck

Mind and screenshot.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wish me luck

On ya go, be sure to send us the link!

queensferryjambo

Lets be honest if the Rodents had beat us 5-1 in the Cup Final they would never even mention their 40 year ago freak result.

If they had won 1-0 on the 19th of May 2012 it would have surpassed any result in their clubs history.

Doctor FinnBarr

Wish me luck

I'm going to admit to any watching vermin, the above post is a lie, I have never and will never be a member of sisterfister.net.

There is no way I'll be posting at 3am

Having been there maybe it was being only 14 it only mattered until We horsed them at Tynecastle in the next league game.

I would not swap a 7-0 for

17 in a row

22 in a row

Robbo's 27 goals

I'll try again!! No one wants to swap anything, not the final not the semi final, not the 17 in a row nor the 22 in a row. Did the result hurt me at the time yes it did, do I still want us to go one better yes I do. I'm aware we horsed them 4-1 in the next game, I was there.

Put it this way, would any Hearts fan swap hibs 0-7 victory for our 1-5 victory? - no, not a chance.

Would any hibs fan swap beating us 0-7 about 40years ago for beating us 1-5 in the Scottish cup final? - yes.

So can we please stop giving a **** about dropping two points in a game that happened well before many of us where born. Our 4-0 victory in the Semi final against them was 100x their 0-7 win and the Scottish cup final victory is something they can't even begin to dream about.

Put it this way, would any Hearts fan swap hibs 0-7 victory for our 1-5 victory? - no, not a chance.

Would any hibs fan swap beating us 0-7 about 40years ago for beating us 1-5 in the Scottish cup final? - yes.

This entirely.

Any one of them saying otherwise is lying. And they know it.

5-1 will never be 7.

:rofl:

I'll try again!! No one wants to swap anything, not the final not the semi final, not the 17 in a row nor the 22 in a row. Did the result hurt me at the time yes it did, do I still want us to go one better yes I do. I'm aware we horsed them 4-1 in the next game, I was there.

I understand, however for me the 98 cup final gave me a smirk on my face when thinking about it. The 4 0 and 5 1 were something that is from your most out there and unlikely daydreams. Night and day for me.

scottish_chicP

Given it happened 12 years before I was born 7-0 genuinely means feck all to me. Saw 4-0 and 5-1 though. Oh and the many many many other Jambo victories v them :D

This entirely.

Any one of them saying otherwise is lying. And they know it.

5-1 will never be 7.

Feels good doesn't it?

:verysmug:

The fact we've stopped them winning the Scottish cup twice and then gone on to lift the trophy ourselves must destroy them.

Imagine how the 4-0 semi must have felt for them? :lol: then picture them getting all excited when Gretna took us to penalties only for us to go on and win it :rofl:

******* marvelous.

Feels good doesn't it?

The fact we've stopped them winning the Scottish cup twice and then gone on to lift the trophy ourselves must destroy them.

Imagine how the 4-0 semi must have felt for them? :lol: then picture them getting all excited when Gretna took us to penalties only for us to go on and win it :rofl:

******* marvelous.

I remember a new acquaintance around about the time of the semi (a right annoying hibs ****) saying "it doesn't come much worse than that".

Oh ****ing yes, it does!

When I said it's as well they still have 1973 else they might be bitter, it was a joke.

5-1 to win a coveted national trophy ends all arguments.

So can we please stop giving a **** about dropping two points in a game that happened well before many of us where born. Our 4-0 victory in the Semi final against them was 100x their 0-7 win and the Scottish cup final victory is something they can't even begin to dream about.

A truly glorious post.

Don't forget, it's all part of the narrative arc though... :ninja:

Never a truer word spoken.

The best thing is they're already (at least a couple of Hibs fans I was speaking to recently mentioned it after the NY derby) starting to go on about how 'it's been 2 years since 5-1 so I wish you lot would stop going on about it'. It's like I've had to put up with 7-0, a result which happened almost 20 years before I was born, pretty much since I knew Hibs and Hearts existed. You lot can put with 5-1 until such a time as your team makes up for it.

Never a truer word spoken.

The best thing is they're already (at least a couple of Hibs fans I was speaking to recently mentioned it after the NY derby) starting to go on about how 'it's been 2 years since 5-1 so I wish you lot would stop going on about it'. It's like I've had to put up with 7-0, a result which happened almost 20 years before I was born, pretty much since I knew Hibs and Hearts existed. You lot can put with 5-1 until such a time as your team makes up for it.

Which they never will.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dusk_Till_Dawn

True story.

Before that semi-final, a Hobo on my mate's street paid money for a green and white flag with the words "WE'RE GOING TO HAMDEN" on it. Didn't even clock the spelling. Hung it out his window, wind blew it away and it was stuck in a tree next to his house for about four days.

I understand, however for me the 98 cup final gave me a smirk on my face when thinking about it. The 4 0 and 5 1 were something that is from your most out there and unlikely daydreams. Night and day for me.

98 cup final eclipsed 4-0 and 5-1 for me It's not even close. Seeing your team win a trophy after following them for over 30 years was much more satisfying than repeating the event against the wee team. Some people don't get perspective

Guest Bilel Mohsni

True story.

Before that semi-final, a Hobo on my mate's street paid money for a green and white flag with the words "WE'RE GOING TO HAMDEN" on it. Didn't even clock the spelling. Hung it out his window, wind blew it away and it was stuck in a tree next to his house for about four days.

Loved that.

Claims to have read a thread on here, quotes it, yet still gets it wrong!!!!

Bajillions?06:22 PM Today?

Had a wee look at Kickback to have a laugh at them enjoying getting in to positive points. They have a thread over there about the One In, One Out and this post stood out

Originally Posted by?JJ'S BARMY ARMY:

Don't know about restriction of trade however I'm sure the SFA / SPFL are breaching some kind of employment laws, with regard to restricting a company from being able to employ. I could be wrong but hasn't this type of thing been won I a court before ? Where it was deemed illegal for another organisation or company to restrict or tell a company who it can and cannot employ. There are exceptions to that where an employe signs a confidential clause saying he/she cannot work for another competitor in the same industry for a set period of time but this is not in football or sporting contracts that type of thing is used mainly in electronics or computing type industries.

There all very dense over there aren't they? Nobody is stopping Hearts from employing new staff. The embargo is on them?registering?that person as a?player. Hearts are free to employ Skacel as a janitor if they want, he just can't play football in a competitive match.

True story.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pillock.

My neighbour put up a few lines of buntings, flags, and signs up outside his house before 5-1.

My mum says it all came down just after HT :rofl: .

It came down even quicker vs Malmo :rofl: .

Nucky Thompson

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pillock.

My neighbour put up a few lines of buntings, flags, and signs up outside his house before 5-1.

My mum says it all came down just after HT :rofl: .

It came down even quicker vs Malmo :rofl: .

Hobos, I feel sorry for them :rofl: Their whole World is based on us and not them. They even copy every song we sing, it's like trying to match up to big brother. Even in our worst season in years and the chance for them to humilate us, we have more feel good moments than them. It must be shit being a hobo, no wonder some of them come on here and pretend they're us :D

Claims to have read a thread on here, quotes it, yet still gets it wrong!!!!

Bajillions?06:22 PM Today?

Had a wee look at Kickback to have a laugh at them enjoying getting in to positive points. They have a thread over there about the One In, One Out and this post stood out

Originally Posted by?JJ'S BARMY ARMY:

Don't know about restriction of trade however I'm sure the SFA / SPFL are breaching some kind of employment laws, with regard to restricting a company from being able to employ. I could be wrong but hasn't this type of thing been won I a court before ? Where it was deemed illegal for another organisation or company to restrict or tell a company who it can and cannot employ. There are exceptions to that where an employe signs a confidential clause saying he/she cannot work for another competitor in the same industry for a set period of time but this is not in football or sporting contracts that type of thing is used mainly in electronics or computing type industries.

There all very dense over there aren't they? Nobody is stopping Hearts from employing new staff. The embargo is on them?registering?that person as a?player. Hearts are free to employ Skacel as a janitor if they want, he just can't play football in a competitive match.

Yes, we're all so dense that I posted the exact same thing two posts later.

This Bajillons guy is an absolute roaster why these guys on ?net listen or entertain this cretin is beyond me, as of now we have just sold Adam King for ?200,000 and he reckons we are goosed. The CVA is as good as a done deal as are the Ubig shares. FoH have a nearly a ?m in the bank. Latest EEN reports the Ubig building in St Andrews Sq. is going in the market despite Ubig assets being frozen supposedly. However they still cling on to his every musings and astounding information from Lithuania that he thinks is ITK even though it's been proved wrong countless times. Are they really that thick and gullible? They obviously are.

Bajillions Bajillions

Testimonial Due

Aug 2007

Originally Posted by EK_Hibs

1) No chance, BDO would just get the begging bowl out again and start selling Season Tickets (for the Championship).

2) Possibly, this is the one remaining 'liquidation hope' from where I'm sitting.

3) Unless their backers are untrustworthy charlatans like Craig Whyte then I highly doubt this one unfortunately.

BDO selling Season tickets is their very last resort. The FOH are reliant on that income to keep them afloat next season. Using that money to keep the club afloat now would seriously hinder BDO's ability to sell the club as a going concern.

Additionally, selling tickets for the Championship before it's a mathematical certainty would be a massive PR disaster. If the club and it's administrators are admitting defeat then why would the fans keep them going? Direct Debits would take a nosedive and attendances would drop.

Testimonial Due

Aug 2007

Originally Posted by EK_Hibs

1) No chance, BDO would just get the begging bowl out again and start selling Season Tickets (for the Championship).

2) Possibly, this is the one remaining 'liquidation hope' from where I'm sitting.

3) Unless their backers are untrustworthy charlatans like Craig Whyte then I highly doubt this one unfortunately.

BDO selling Season tickets is their very last resort. The FOH are reliant on that income to keep them afloat next season. Using that money to keep the club afloat now would seriously hinder BDO's ability to sell the club as a going concern.

Additionally, selling tickets for the Championship before it's a mathematical certainty would be a massive PR disaster. If the club and it's administrators are admitting defeat then why would the fans keep them going? Direct Debits would take a nosedive and attendances would drop.

Read their entire thread today, it's a laugh and a half!!!

They really are deluded, and anyone who dares to step out with the party line gets accused of being one of us.

Bajillions, Sergey et al are unintentionally hilarious with their utter bullshit tales that have the dotnet faithfull creaming their pants.

How will they cope when we come out the other side??

:jjyay:

Doctor FinnBarr

Read their entire thread today, it's a laugh and a half!!!

They really are deluded, and anyone who dares to step out with the party line gets accused of being one of us.

Bajillions, Sergey et al are unintentionally hilarious with their utter bullshit tales that have the dotnet faithfull creaming their pants.

How will they cope when we come out the other side??

:jjyay:

They better put nets under Salisbury Crags to catch them

Archived