Craig Levein - New manager?

Rudiboy

Hearing from a very reliable source that Ann Budge wants Levein as our new manager, assisted by Houston and Gary Kirk. I can't name names, sorry.

What so Ann budge is buying the club now too?

Seemingly she'll be the one giving the club 3 million, but wants it's back over so many years, just what I am hearing.

Heard this on saturday from a boy whose brother done some work for FoH pr. Kenneth to be Leviens first signing if Utd dont take him back before then.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I heard Budge was involved with Bidco at the game on Saturday.

There's others I'd go for first but I'd probably take Levein.

Seems to have been open secret for some time. There s no doubt that Levein would be a good move given what we are going to be faced with next season.

Wondered how long it would take!

In all seriousness, I'd take him in a heartbeat he's the best option we could get.

Football is likely to be dire, but at least we'll be hard to beat.

Was my initial thought given my memories of the early 2000s, but his Dundee United team were slightly less eye-bleeding to watch, and you can't argue with what he did for their youth development setup, albeit ably assisted by the lad who's in Portugal now.

In all seriousness, I'd take him in a heartbeat he's the best option we could get.

I definitely think it's someone with his steal that we need for the Championship.

I never understood folk wanting Locke to go because we played long ball football and wanting to replace him with Levein.

Because results are poor, aye. But I'm certainly no hankering for the football of his last spell.

Heard this from an explayer a few weeks back but I still think Hartley will get the gig

No chance will he be our next manager. Maybe in some capacity but defo not manager.

We'd have a great chance of coming straight back up with Levein in charge. Bound to be alot of experienced players out their who would be keen to sign for him

He may have changed his philosophy by now, after all the flack he got over his Scotland formation tactics.

He may have changed his philosophy by now, after all the flack he got over his Scotland formation tactics.

he thinks everyone else was wrong.

Although I don't think Levein would be a bad appoinment, I probably wouldn't personally go for that. He may have been more useful this season, although of course that was always very unlikely to happen.

If/when we start over in the Championship next season, hopefully with a takeover completed, it will be almost a 'clean slate' and chance to build for the future, whilst hopefully pushing for promotion. By that stage we hopefully won't be as restricted as we are now, so may be able to look at other options - staff and player wise.

I'd like to see us compliment some of our youngster with a few experienced heads and look at getting a decent brand of football played, provide some good entertainment and keep the attendance figures high and the confidence building with the young players.

Of course results are very important and if we are winning every week fans will naturally keep coming back, however I'd like to think we'd consider our options rather than just go straight for Levein - who hasn't tended to provide much in the way of 'good' football at times.

So, not adverse to it and I could see the reasons why we may go for him, but he wouldn't be my first pick.

No chance will he be our next manager. Maybe in some capacity but defo not manager.

Just my opinion mate, have heard a few whispers but hey who knows

itsnomarooned

Heard this on saturday from a boy whose brother done some work for FoH pr. Kenneth to be Leviens first signing if Utd dont take him back before then.

Garry Kenneth? - isn't/wasn't he a huddie?

The People's Chimp

He still thinks he was right and Leopards never change their spots.

Winston Ingram

Houston has a good, safe job with Celtic now which he won't leave to become a number two so there's a hole in the story right away.

Seemingly she'll be the one giving the club 3 million, but wants it's back over so many years, just what I am hearing.

surely that is comon knowledge?

Cue EEN article from 'reliable source' lol, Banderson, we've got yer number!

McCoist v Levein, Moneys on Levein easy. Although who's betting rangers get a sudden injection of cash over the summer?

Houston has a good, safe job with Celtic now which he won't leave to become a number two so there's a hole in the story right away.

I know for a fact he would jump at the chance to come back to Hearts.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Levein would get the squad working for him, and make us hard to beat he also carries a sort of gravitas as a person which would be invaluable when competing against Rangers.

Let's not forget also, he has travelled all over the place and would most likely have contacts and access to players that were above the standard of those at most other teams in the Championship.

Levein is my first choice for the managers position.

Winston Ingram

I know for a fact he would jump at the chance to come back to Hearts.

Do you know any facts about the current status of his relationship with Craig Levein?

PS shouldn't this be in the rumour mill? Speculation about AB's situation is also potentially not useful at all.

I would want Levein restructuring and overseeing everything from the first team and down through the Acedemy. Dundee United are reaping the rewards of Levein's work, we should aim to replicate and better this.

Levein would get the squad working for him, and make us hard to beat he also carries a sort of gravitas as a person which would be invaluable when competing against Rangers.

Let's not forget also, he has travelled all over the place and would most likely have contacts and access to players that were above the standard of those at most other teams in the Championship.

Levein is my first choice for the managers position.

I'd be interested to see how he copes with getting the best out of a squad where he can't make sweeping changes.

Given his man management of folk he hasn't personally brought in it could be problematic

Winston Ingram

Do you like?

Yes. So on that count and on the count of his new job, the suggested team won't happen (in my opinion).

Yes. So on that count and on the count of his new job, the suggested team won't happen (in my opinion).

Only time will tell. Levein is first choice, no question about that ;)

The most likely outcome. Is he influencing current events eg Billy Brown and possible signings?

John Murray is behind the departure of Billy Brown.

gorgie rd eh11

Hearing from a very reliable source that Ann Budge wants Levein as our new manager, assisted by Houston and Gary Kirk. I can't name names, sorry.

I heard from a very reliable source that most of these kind of threads are made up.

Archived