Missing 3 y.o. Kid in Drylaw

BigC

The more people aware of this the sooner he maybe found. Thanks to this post I am now aware of it. Let's hope and pray he's found safe and well.

Horrible. Hopefully found soon, safe and well, but it doesn't mention snatched from his bed, in that article.

loveofthegame

Horrible. Hopefully found soon, safe and well, but it doesn't mention snatched from his bed, in that article.

This, bit early to jump to that conclusion. Terrifying though for his family (assuming nothing untoward on their part has gone on...).

I have a 3 y/o niece who is capable of opening the front door herself (albeit not if it is locked).

Here's hoping the wee man is found safe and sound asap.

fabienleclerq

The article I read said he was wearing beige trousers and a hoody etc but also said he was last seen in bed, think there's more to this.

Cairneyhill Jambo

The article I read said he was wearing beige trousers and a hoody etc but also said he was last seen in bed, think there's more to this.

I hope the wee fella turns up safe and well.

From the Forth One website "Mikael is described as three foot tall and possibly wearing a beige hooded jacket, brown shoes and nightwear."

I wish people would stop speculating or jumping to their own conclusions.

fabienleclerq

I hope the wee fella turns up safe and well.

From the Forth One website "Mikael is described as three foot tall and possibly wearing a beige hooded jacket, brown shoes and nightwear."

I wish people would stop speculating or jumping to their own conclusions.

What conclusions did I draw? I think it's strange he was last seen in bed but the put out a specific set of clothes he may be wearing, Christ.

The "snatched from his bed" seemed to be a premature conclusion, granted.

I can only imagine he was in his pyjamas and the clothes described were in his room but are not there any more, meaning they assume he has put them on before leaving, or in a worst case scenario, someone has put them on him.

The link above now has a photo.

North Berwick Jambo

Appeal live on sky news now, hope he is found safe and well asap!

What conclusions did I draw? I think it's strange he was last seen in bed but the put out a specific set of clothes he may be wearing, Christ.

. His coat not where it was ?

Guest C00l K1d

Its probably what he had on last and was lieing around his room.

Assuming hes went walkabout i think theyre assuming hes put on his jacket and coat.

Theyve only said hes possibly wearing that

"Last seen going to bed" - I assume he's got up at 9pm and he's been sent back to bed.

"Possibly wearing a beige hooded jacket. He may also have on brown shoes, blue jogging bottoms and nightwear." - Again assuming, these are the clothes that are missing.

Mum and 4 siblings in the house, search must be on the for the dad.

I read somewhere else that the dad was in the house too.

Seen a photo of the flats he lives in, seems unlikely that he would get out of them alone. These places tend to have fairly heavy main doors with locks on them. Can't see that a 4 year old would be able to unlock and open the door at the same time.

I read somewhere else that the dad was in the house too.

Seen a photo of the flats he lives in, seems unlikely that he would get out of them alone. These places tend to have fairly heavy main doors with locks on them. Can't see that a 4 year old would be able to unlock and open the door at the same time.

Sky News reckon the Dad hasn't been on the scene since he was born.

What I will say is if they expect it to be a parent abduction then they tend not to go to the press and just seek that parent.

What I will say is if they expect it to be a parent abduction then they tend not to go to the press and just seek that parent.

They also have asked if anyone has seen a boy walking alone and have asked locals to check sheds etc, which suggests they think he has left of his own accord and might be hiding somewhere.

Hope he is OK. Can't imagine much worse things than waking up and your wee boy being missing :(

@STVNews: Search for Mikaeel Kular: Witness saw a man in handcuffs being led into the police van in Waterfront Gait http://t.co/pMN75JZovZ

Jesus, Sky News are on the scene, guys going in with forensic type bags, black guy in his early 20's taken away.

Guy being interviewed looks like he's been on a lifetime bender!

Switched Sky News on and it's so bizarre watching them report live from outside blimmin Waterfront Gait.

The description of the arrest left a bit of a cold feeling in the pit of my stomach tbh. Loads of officers appear suddenly, a fairly aggressive and very quick arrest made, officers then start closing curtains in the property and put up a cordon.

Captain Price

I don't know about anyone else, but if I saw a three year old kid roaming about the streets alone earlier than 7:15 I would call the police immediately, if he did go for a wander, SOMEONE must have seen him.

"He is with a witness, Donald Cockburn, who said he saw up to nine police cars suddenly arrive at a first floor flat nearby in Waterfront Gait in Granton.

Officers went into the flat at about 11.45am and a man was taken away in a police van, the witness said.

"There was a young, black African guy, 18 to -20-years-old, being held by one police officer against the wall. A second police officer came and they took this young guy away.

"There were eight or nine cars/vans there, police officers all over the place and what appeared to be CID swarming around the area. They shut the curtains in the first floor bedroom."

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Boy on Sky News now saying the guy arrested may not have anything to do with the boy's disappearance. Definitely nothing concrete at the moment.

They're now speculating that the arrest at Waterfront Gait might not even have anything to do with his disappearance, as they stand outside Waterfront Gait broadcasting live to the UK.

:facepalm:

They're now speculating that the arrest at Waterfront Gait might not even have anything to do with his disappearance, as they stand outside Waterfront Gait broadcasting live to the UK.

:facepalm:

They have been speculating that it may have had nothing to do with this boy since thye first reported it to be fair.

Sky now saying they don't think this is connected ... why on earth would Police Scotland commit 8 car/vans at this time. I know Edinburgh still needs policing but can anything come above a missing child?

Sky now saying they don't think this is connected ... why on earth would Police Scotland commit 8 car/vans at this time. I know Edinburgh still needs policing but can anything come above a missing child?

Probably lit a flare at the football or trolled someone on Facebook.

Sterling Archer

He was black.

Different police for different crimes

I would be very surprised if the find this lad alive

Eh? It could well be the custody battle thing. Dad takes him away.

loveofthegame

The kid going missing is obviously awful, but the world goes on - can't expect every police resource available to be committed to looking for him.

Admittedly, 8 cars/vans sounds like massive overkill, but we have no idea what the boy was being arrested for... could well be drugs/guns/gangs involved in which case the heavy police presence may well have been required.

Jambof3tornado

The kid going missing is obviously awful, but the world goes on - can't expect every police resource available to be committed to looking for him.

Admittedly, 8 cars/vans sounds like massive overkill, but we have no idea what the boy was being arrested for... could well be drugs/guns/gangs involved in which case the heavy police presence may well have been required.

If it was my kid I'd want every spare police resource out searching. Its a childs life we're talking about.

Poor black guy, on national news as a child abductor when he was probably just getting pulled up for abusing a directioner on twitter.

Well it depends what he's being arrested for?

If it was my kid I'd want every spare police resource out searching. Its a childs life we're talking about.

In that situation so would I but it doesn't make it right, for all anyone knows the guy might have been about to commit a murder or a terrorist attack, you can't just ignore the rest of the world for one thing as horrible as it might be.

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

What's struck me most so far is that -- at least on BBC News 24 -- it's the story that's leading today. Usually that treatment is reserved only for white girls.

Hopefully he's found safe and well.

Sky News now showing forensic team dusting off and entire hand print of a small child on the door of the flat where the guy was arrested.

Sky News now showing forensic team dusting off and entire hand print of a small child on the door of the flat where the guy was arrested.

Was it on fire?*

*sorry, could'nt resist.

Archived