UPDATED POLL: Should Gary Locke Resign As Manager Of Hearts?

moogsy

Should Gary Locke Resign  

932 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Locke Resign as Manager of Hearts?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

**** this thread, what's the point? Too late, the boat sailed two months ago.

Better off doing a poll "should Locke be manager next season?"

100% no vote for the benefit of FOH

Gregory House M.D.

2 votes for no already :cornette:

How, just how?

I can't see who it is on my phone :sob:

kingantti1874

Of course he should before he tarnishes his reputation beyond repair.. Sorry Gary. Not good enough even with the constraints you are under... No where near acceptable

In terms of league position, we're already down. In terms of developing these young players. Emphatic yes - we need a proper coach. It's harming these players.

I like gary and really feel sorry for him

unfortunately he's not the right guy just now, (if he wants to stay at the club fine, but as 1st team coach, otherwise he needs to go out and start learning elsewhere, his reputation here is still repairable but only if he goes)

Such a shit position for him, but this isn't good enough.

The Internet

Yeah probably best he just goes tbh. Ridiculously difficult job and he's unsurprisingly not up to it. Feel for him though.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

unfortunately he's not the right guy just now, (if he wants to stay at the club fine, but as 1st team coach, otherwise he needs to go out and start learning elsewhere, his reputation here is still repairable but only if he goes)

I feel bad for him too. He has to go though.

By the way, do we need a "Should Billy Brown quit?" poll as well?

Just in case? :ninja:

I wouldn't mind one, more to debate what he has brought though (without insulting him)

His contracts up next week. :laugh: but yes he should.

YES very much this - if Locke goes, Brown MUST go with him

Edit the OP to add in that Bilky Brown goes as well.

In terms of league position, we're already down. In terms of developing these young players. Emphatic yes - we need a proper coach. It's harming these players.

This is exactly why I'm a yes this time around.

The Comedian

If we are going to be relegated we can go down fighting at least. A new man gives us a chance. It's slim but a chance none the less.

Or we can stick to our guns and utterly embarrass ourselves.

:cornette:

Edit the OP to add in that Bilky Brown goes as well.

He's gone in a week anyway.Let's keep it the exact same poll as before.

kingantti1874

I also feel bad for the guy, it must have been his dream job, said it before and said it again.. Hope we manage to find a role for him at the club in future, but not manager, it the most important role at the club and he isn't up to it.

His contracts up next week. :laugh: but yes he should.

Just in case...... you know what could happen if GL quits and we aren't absolutely clear about our view of BB. :hae36:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

He would be long gone at any other club in the country.

He is damaging the players and it won't be long before people start staying at home in their droves therefore damaging the club.

I doubt I will be back this season while he is in charge, I can't justify the cost of complete non-entertainment.

Locke is neither a coach nor a manager and is slowly but surely slaughtering his own career.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can we sack him instead? It just feels better.

I agree entirely with this.

If gary quits and BB's contract isn't renewed I fancy Craig Levein to takeover to the end of the season.

This could be very good.

Sadly he has to resign as we have no money to pay him off,

Thanks for trying Gary, but you are tactically inept, I know Sunday league managers who are tactically 100x better,,

Yes...........I said long ago that, at a minimum, the players needed proper education even if we were still heading for relegation. They`ve learned nothing but about the rigours of top level football and how the jump isn`t easy, but they haven`t learned how to improve or adapt.

We still have the league cup to play for as well.

The Comedian

Yes

Voted yes months ago when it actually might have made a difference.

Probably true. The damage has been done and it might take too long to turn around anyway.

Shambles of a season.

Gregory House M.D.

Any of you 'voters' there supporting the team today?

Personally I can't justify pishing away the best part of a half ton on Gary Locke's Hearts every two weeks.

Ten NO votes... :rofl:

He's still getting quite a lot of support going by Twitter and Facebook. The no votes might not be the hibby flypaper we think it is. Or not just that anyway.

I'm a yes. Can't vote though, on Tapatalk the noo.

I'm a yes even though I can't imagine who the hell would take the job, or the terrible pay, especially when it's almost definitely a cert they'd fail and relegate us. I'm still a yes despite all that. Time to go, sorry Gary, it was never an appointment that would end well and I feel for him but we need something different. :oldsad:

Geoff Kilpatrick

John McGlynn left last year and kept his dignity. I hope Gary Locke does the same.

I fail to see what good this thread is going to do anyone.

However, I've voted 'yes'.

Because it will give the "proper Hearts men" a chance to puff out their chest and try to prove how right they were/are, that's the bottom line, that's the same ones who thought it was a "shot a dawn" offence to boo useless players we had to endure week after week not that long back.

I fail to see what good this thread is going to do anyone.

However, I've voted 'yes'.

Because it will give the "proper Hearts men" a chance to puff out their chest and try to prove how right they were/are, that's the bottom line, that's the same ones who thought it was a "shot a dawn" offence to boo useless players we had to endure week after week not that long back.

The point of this thread is obviously to try and gauge the opinion of the Hearts support, much like any other poll on here. Not that hard to grasp :lol:

This unfortunately. I voted "No" on the last poll but I don't think he can do any more.

Rudolf's Mate

He's still getting quite a lot of support going by Twitter and Facebook. The no votes might not be the hibby flypaper we think it is. Or not just that anyway.

I'm a yes. Can't vote though, on Tapatalk the noo.

I'm a yes even though I can't imagine who the hell would take the job, or the terrible pay, especially when it's almost definitely a cert they'd fail and relegate us. I'm still a yes despite all that. Time to go, sorry Gary, it was never an appointment that would end well and I feel for him but we need something different. :oldsad:

If you're on mobile, switch to your browser and you should get the mobile version of JKB which brings up the voting options.

ToadKiller Dog

Gary needs to step down he won't be manager next season , let us start rebuilding now for next season .

For the good of the club

It's an updated poll. The previous one was closed by the site administrator as it was sitting stagnant with votes from weeks ago.

Anything to have a pop at fellow posters eh?

I've avoided this so far but the team seem to have no balls and no direction. I'm not being offensive but is Gary simply unable to inject a bit of steel into them?

The better question for the poll, dare I say after you've just restarted it, may have been 'If someone WOULD come in for nowt / affordable rate - would you take them over Locke?

Seriously how feckin helpful is this ,we are shite but lets get out off admin end the season backing the team.

Instead of all the smarmy erses on here "get rid o broon....sack locke " honestly thank god JKB wasnae around in the 70's you would have had something to complain about then.

Archived