Shell Suits

Gershwin

Inspired by the 'Did yer ma buy yer trainers?" thread...

Who else was part of the Shell Suit revolution? Found a lovely picture of a black and pink puma number I had.

DSC045201.jpg

Jesus christ...

:cornette: :bitgay:

Carl Fredrickson

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This brings back memories from years ago that has taken me a long time to repress. :sob:

Just before Christmas too. I fecking hated shellsuits but they were forced upon me - always cheap crappy makes too so wasnt even accepted by the "cool kids"

I loved my Hearts shell suit. Anyone got one in large they want to sell?

Was it a Bukta one?

I always wanted the Scotland one from Italia 90 but never got one :seething:

mWp60hXE-unKyWzIlvvn5Zg.jpg

Was it a Bukta one?

I always wanted the Scotland one from Italia 90 but never got one :seething:

mWp60hXE-unKyWzIlvvn5Zg.jpg

Yup, bukta.

I had that Scotland one but I'm sure my top was white, not blue?...

Did my mum fobb me off with a looky looky :(

Carl Fredrickson

I mind a Hearts Admiral one with LOTS of sky blue on it - my folks bought it for me - I must have been in my early 20s.

They thought I would like it because it was a Hearts one!

A mate had this in 1990 and it was smart as at the time! 46ds.jpg

I had relatives in Germany and got the tracksuit version of this, with a roundneck sweatshirt and jogging bottoms. Cracking tracksuit! :)

Shanks said no

I was wearing my only shell suit, a Hearts Bukta one, while my wife was giving birth to our firstborn. Think it was one of the few occasions it was worn.

Yup, bukta.

There was definitely a white jacket shellsuit as well as I remember my mum buying me one from Intersport for my birthday.

Yup, bukta.

There was definitely a white top as well. Me and my brother had matching ones which looking back was hideous.

I preferred the Euro 92 'travel suit' which were technically shellsuits but not the normal flammable shellsuit material.

Scotland had some right smart Umbro gear around this time. The Italia 90 strip is a personal favourite along with both yellow/grey and red/navy home and away goalie strips. Plus the yellow, white and navy away strip when Gough scored against Cyprus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never owned a shell suit but did own a rather fetching black Troop tracksuit.

Are you are Yankee

No I'm a Londoner

I remember getting grave lectures fron the chemistry teacher to take off shell suits when using the Bunsen burner.

I had the all blue Scotland one above.

Navy blue Sergio Tacchini, only wanted the jacket....

Wore the whole lot once to a midweek game against Dundee, came home to our new house which was getting central heating fitted... Stood in front of the calor gas fire and promptly melted it to my leg...

Thankfully there is no photographic evidence

Had the Hearts(had sky blue in it) and Scotland one from about the late 80`s........cannae find a photo.

On the subject of tracksuits and this being christmas, i remember loving the Hearts one i got around late 80`s but i think it was out before the shell one?. Grey and Maroon number(but not shell!)

The People's Chimp

I'm giving it a maximum of two years before they become 'ironically' trendy again.

You've obviously never been to East London.

I had a Gola one. :vrface:

That Germany top up the thread would be cracking for fives. As well as a maroon adidas number I've got this:

m6MecIFOnRolJAD0ac5vdrw.jpg

got the Hearts shell suit, the slightly different shell over the head thingy, both made by bukta and both Scotland shell suit versions. all up the loft in black bags- where 90s fashion should stay :builder2:

No better feeling than coming out of Sports Connection in Princes Street with a new Nike shellsuit and Adidas trainers.

There was definitely a white top as well. Me and my brother had matching ones which looking back was hideous.

I preferred the Euro 92 'travel suit' which were technically shellsuits but not the normal flammable shellsuit material.

Scotland had some right smart Umbro gear around this time. The Italia 90 strip is a personal favourite along with both yellow/grey and red/navy home and away goalie strips. Plus the yellow, white and navy away strip when Gough scored against Cyprus.

There was also a yellow rain jacket in addition to the blue and yellow shellsuits.

Can anyone remember the leisure wear football tops for the same tournament mentioned. A horrendous pink and yellow and a puple and green jigsaw type looking pattern.

A mate had this in 1990 and it was smart as at the time! 46ds.jpg

From memory the first ?99 shellsuit. So cool infact it made it into the cooler non sports shops as well.

Never owned a shell suit but did own a rather fetching black Troop tracksuit.

Are you are Yankee

No I'm a Londoner

Street tuff. :)

I got an all red tracksuit in the mail yesterday - picked it up on a break during work ... Sport Nunavut gift (left over from their 2010 Arctic Winter Games line) ... wore the bottoms over my jeans (with my white Stan Smiths) poking oot the bottom, but baulked on the top over my parka for the stop at the local store on the way home - Folks would have thought I was high.

Samuel Camazzola

You've obviously never been to East London.

I had a Gola one. :vrface:

That Germany top up the thread would be cracking for fives. As well as a maroon adidas number I've got this:

m6MecIFOnRolJAD0ac5vdrw.jpg

I've got that France Adidas Originals track-top although it's not shell number. Very smart re-issue.

Archived