• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• Say What Again

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the wife wonders why I have a trainers obsession now,last count I have 36 Pairs.

I'm exactly the same, over 30 pairs and a sucker for rare and custom made Superstars!

I'm exactly the same, over 30 pairs and a sucker for rare and custom made Superstars!

I've got a mate who has a bit of a thing for Nike Air Jordan.

Well when I say a bit of a thing I mean like over 300 pairs including some he refuses to wear outdoors, stored in his house and some in his dads as he can't fit them all into one house.

I've got a mate who has a bit of a thing for Nike Air Jordan.

Well when I say a bit of a thing I mean like over 300 pairs including some he refuses to wear outdoors, stored in his house and some in his dads as he can't fit them all into one house.

I can understand that completely, most of mine are still boxed and have either never been worn or never worn outside. I'm waiting to finally get a study and have some on display particularly my boxed, unworn Adidas Superstars Run DMC originals. My parents always bought me crap trainers when I was young so I suppose this is why I do it!

• 6 years later...
On 23/12/2013 at 13:21, Tazio said:

Woolies used to do their own brand Winfield trainers and football boots with 2 stripes. God help any kid who had those.

Adidas cornflakes .

Played some of my  best football in those.

Even though a size too big so theyd last longer.

Not sure if they were woolies but the same family.

😄

I was lucky all my mates were on the whole scruffy wee torags

On 23/12/2013 at 13:41, Gorgiewave said:

Nike Air Max and Reebok Pump were what the cool gang had when I was at school.

I had Gola.

Some bump this. Like you, because I wasn't one of the cool kids' I too had to settle with Gola's or sometimes worse. I even remember getting taken to Shoe World for some of my footwear. 

On 23/12/2013 at 17:44, moogsy said:

Not trainers but anyone remember these:

rockport-r-port-mweka-iv.jpg

Pestered my mum rotten in first year and she ended up buying me them. ?150 I'm sure :vrface:. Only see the jakiest of jakeys kicking about in them now.

Got hit in the head with one of these at school. Knocked me to the ground it was like a brick! 

I asked my mum to get me a pair of adidas kick or puma match, this was about 1985, she said she couldn't see either in my size so got me a pair of Inter, not even feckin HiTec, feckin Inter Mustang.........I was near suicidal 😭😭

rs=w:600,h:600

These bad boys but with Inter rather than HiTec on the tongue.

Edited by Dawnrazor

gashauskis9

Used to get laughed at for wearing Gola’s in the 80s and early 90s.  Now they’re nostalgic and retro and cost a fortune. 

spirt of 98
On 23/12/2013 at 14:34, Kenny ******* Powers said:

I had a shocking pair of BK's. They were so popular at the time that the only pair they had left in the shop were these white and pink numbers. I was so desperate to have a pair I wouldn't wait until they got new stock in and just bought them. Truly awful.

Travel Fox and Tropp were al the rage then too.

Travel Fox were the muts nuts. 

Puma Dalglish boots and then Kicks and Adidas Roms (super cool with the Adidas sign on the sole) but I remember my mum buying a cheapo pair of trainers just before I went to school camp in 1981. EVERYONE was wearing Kicks but mum couldn't afford them at that time. But I did get off with a burd with huge cans for a week which made up for it. Anne-Marie Devlin, and yes, she was a left-fitter. Now it's New Balance for me all the way.

davemclaren

My first football boots in the mid 60s were Gola Speedsters but I think my mum got a good deal on a pair that Willie Bauld would have had that went over your ankles. 🤨

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

My first football boots in the mid 60s were Gola Speedsters but I think my mum got a good deal on a pair that Willie Bauld would have had that went over your ankles. 🤨

I had George Best boots around 1974 or 1975.

Black, shiny (like wellies, really), and a red sole that left an imprint of George’s face in the grass and mud (apparently!).  His signature was in gold on the side of the boots.  :vrface:

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

I had George Best boots around 1974 or 1975.

Black, shiny (like wellies, really), and a red sole that left an imprint of George’s face in the grass and mud (apparently!).  His signature was in gold on the side of the boots.  :vrface:

If you'd still had them when he signed for the vermin, you could have went round leaving George Best faces in dog shites.

13 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

If you'd still had them when he signed for the vermin, you could have went round leaving George Best faces in dog shites.

I reckon he was sometimes that pished when he played for the Vermin, he probably fell face first into a few dog shites anyway.

Especially dog shites outside the North British Hotel.  :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I reckon he was sometimes that pished when he played for the Vermin, he probably fell face first into a few dog shites anyway.

Especially dog shites outside the North British Hotel.  :lol: 

:rofl:

maroondevo52

Had Baseball Boots with the plastic circle on the side.

Mind having to wear a pair of my grannies boots to school in the winter, zip down the side and useless for sliding, didn't get ripped too much as my big brother was a bit of a nutter at school.

All the trainers I had in the 90's I see all the students wearing them now. They weren't even cool then. Stan Smith's, Reebok Classics etc.. :facepalm:

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

All the trainers I had in the 90's I see all the students wearing them now. They weren't even cool then. Stan Smith's, Reebok Classics etc.. :facepalm:

Er, hello!  Just about to be released...

😃

https___hypebeast.com_image_2020_07_adidas-stan-smith-star-wars-luke-skywalker-01.jpg

https___hypebeast.com_image_2020_07_adidas-stan-smith-star-wars-luke-skywalker-02.jpg

https___hypebeast.com_image_2020_07_adidas-stan-smith-star-wars-luke-skywalker-03.jpg

15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Er, hello!  Just about to be released...

😃

https___hypebeast.com_image_2020_07_adidas-stan-smith-star-wars-luke-skywalker-01.jpg

https___hypebeast.com_image_2020_07_adidas-stan-smith-star-wars-luke-skywalker-02.jpg

https___hypebeast.com_image_2020_07_adidas-stan-smith-star-wars-luke-skywalker-03.jpg

I'd loved to have a pair like that 20 Yr ago. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be seen dead in a pair of white trainers these days. 

Adidas Superstars.  :vrface: 

These toecaps.  :facepalm:

Everybody and their dog wear them here.  The ones that don’t are big Stan Smith fans, FFS.

22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Adidas Superstars.  :vrface: 

These toecaps.  :facepalm:

Everybody and their dog wear them here.  The ones that don’t are big Stan Smith fans, FFS.

I only ever wear Superstars 🤣

I actually really want https://www.adidas.co.uk/stan-smith-superstan-shoes/FW6095.html

But what's the point when you can't mingle as much 😁

Stan_Smith_Superstan_Shoes_White_FW6095_FW6095_01_standard.jpg

Edited by neilnunb

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

I only ever wear Superstars 🤣

You’re not here though, Neil.

🤷🏿‍♂️😳🤷🏿‍♂️😳

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

leave my reebok classics alone :sob: