Spiders, spiders, everywhere ...

Dunks

Felt something running across my arm a second ago, turned out to be a massive spider. It ran off before I could kill it. On red alert now though, no sleep for me til I find it and squash it.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EreWeG0..

• The Internet

• hughesie27

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Felt something running across my arm a second ago, turned out to be a massive spider. It ran off before I could kill it. On red alert now though, no sleep for me til I find it and squash it.

still awake!?

giant-house-spider-Tegena-008.jpg

I have found 8.....yes 8 big ******* house spiders in my house in the last 10 days. My house is at the end of the street and mere yards from the woods. These feckers are just flocking into my house like I'm throwing some sort of spider orgy.

Last fecker was in the bath.......Original Mint Source Shower Gel v Spider.........Shower Gel Wins.

I had a huge one in my kitchen the other night. I became aware of it when I heard it, yes heard it, falling and hitting off a washing basket. I was heading off to bed but that, of course, had to be postponed till I hunted down and killed the monster. I normally set the dog on them but, after showing the missus this one, she wouldn't let me.

scottish_chicP

One climbed out from behind my Rudi picture next to the light switch as I went to switch the light on. Was ******* massive :sob:

Woke up and got a glass of water about an hour ago. Heard a scraping noise on the floorboards, which I knew I wasn't imagining as the cat went to investigate. After reading on my phone for a while I turned around to go back to sleep, only to see a giant house spider about a foot from my face on the wall.

Went to get a glass from the kitchen, come back and he's gone.

Now, I'm not particularly bothered by spiders, but I may find it hard to sleep knowing that this ###### is hanging about where I lay my head.

Oh, and the reason you see so many spiders at this time of year is because it's their mating season, so the males get a lot braver as they try to look for a female. If you're getting quite a lot of spiders in your house, that means you've got a female hidden away in an undiscovered corner somewhere. And if they get down to some pumping you're going to have some spider babies soon enough.

Oh, and the reason you see so many spiders at this time of year is because it's their mating season, so the males get a lot braver as they try to look for a female. If you're getting quite a lot of spiders in your house, that means you've got a female hidden away in an undiscovered corner somewhere. And if they get down to some pumping you're going to have some spider babies soon enough.

That's all the reason I need to kill on sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I moved into the flat i'm living in about a month ago, I've been looking everywhere for spiders and keeping my guard up. This morning, went into the bathroom and went to brush my teeth and there was a pretty big one in the sink. Turned the tap on for quite a while on full power to wash it away and then started brushing my teeth again. The **** came climbing back up the plug hole :sob:

The Internet

I actually can't relax in my own ******* house because of these arseholes. I feel like I'm entering into the unknown whenever I get up in the morning and walk into the hall while it's still dark. One day there's going to be a giant one sitting there waiting to charge at me first thing in the morning, I know it.

:sob:

scottish_chicP
This beauty popped up on my Facebook feed, from a friend that lives down Muirhouse way.

10352735_10152525983614888_5427825932506580521_n.jpg?oh=8f91ab3b51c9f42bf0472ad99a301ee5&oe=54B0FFC4

That is one evil looking spider :sob:

That is one evil looking spider :sob:

Imagine it under your bed at night when you are trying to sleep!

I can't get my head round the fact that people keep spiders as pets. Out of all the nice animals you could choose from, why the feck would anyone in their right mind choose spiders :sob:

One of the monster ones appeared in the shower a couple of days ago as I was getting ready for work. Even in the middle of all my panicking and jumping around I couldn't even stamp on it as my shower is draining slowly so every time I put my put on it the water washed it away and it continued to merrily swim around terrifying me.

After getting out I treated it to a bleach bath, it didn't like it.

post-925-0-81245300-1410593186_thumb.jpg

Family member caught this in her living room last night,she stays in Broomhall!

Yikes

I've cleared out about 5 of those fellaes in the last month or so, all around the same size is that one.

purchased one of these - as the wife spotted one the other day that was seemingly so big it had a pair of boots on and before she could get the hoover to kill the fecker it disappeared. so everyone in the whole house has been on high spider alert for the last two days......time to tool up and take the fight to them... smoke the ###### out!!!!

http://www.amazon.co...rds=raid fogger

Edited by jambo_

purchased one of these - as the wife spotted one the other day that was seemingly so big it had a pair of boots on and before she could get the hoover to kill the fecker it disappeared. so everyone in the whole house has been on high spider alert for the last two days......time to tool up and take the fight to them... smoke the ###### out!!!!

http://www.amazon.co...rds=raid fogger

edit:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Had a few in the house recently. Just let my mum get on with it as she brutally murders them :lol:. She hates them more than me.

Saw a snippet of a programme earlier where a woman couldn't look at pictures of a spider without her heart rate shooting up and her body shaking like mad. Got help from this couple who help folk overcome phobias and within an hour she was sitting holding a tarantula live on television :lol:.

Not sure I'll ever be that comfortable around them!

chester copperpot

I went to brush my teeth this morning, and there was a huge ###### on the bristles looking up at me as if to say 'come ahead, square goes'.

Flushed it off with the tap but still a bit uneasy about using it, so going to get one whilst in the supermarket tonight!

My head felt a bit tickly today in work so I had a wee bit of a random scratch at it, then ten minutes later an itchy neck so I had another random scratch and a fecking spider landed at my feet!

Little shit must have been having a wee wander about my hair.

He's dead now.

scottish_chicP
My head felt a bit tickly today in work so I had a wee bit of a random scratch at it, then ten minutes later an itchy neck so I had another random scratch and a fecking spider landed at my feet!

Little shit must have been having a wee wander about my hair.

He's dead now.

Watch out for the eggs :-O