Spiders, spiders, everywhere ...

Dunks

J.T.F.Robertson
On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 12:24, The Future's Maroon said:

Spotted this wee git just outside my front door when I got home! Thankfully it is now inside my cat, who like me, hates them.

IMG_0526.JPG

He swallowed the spider to catch the fly. I don't know why he swallowed the fly, perhaps he'll die.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EreWeG0..

• The Internet

• hughesie27

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went out to get my bike to cycle  to work and saw this little fella, and he is little in the context of how big he grows to ?E4AEB482-B49E-4675-A85F-6D63B32F7E5C.thumb.jpeg.7d531fbb2c5563e6bdef58c815d0b428.jpeg

Салатные палочки
12 minutes ago, Sharky999 said:

Went out to get my bike to cycle  to work and saw this little fella, and he is little in the context of how big he grows to ?E4AEB482-B49E-4675-A85F-6D63B32F7E5C.thumb.jpeg.7d531fbb2c5563e6bdef58c815d0b428.jpeg

:wow:

What is that?  Looks like it shouldn't even be in this country (not racist!).  Like a Huntsman or something.  

The_razors_edge
1 hour ago, Sharky999 said:

Where the **** do you live? Please tell me it’s not anywhere in the uk!

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

What is that?  Looks like it shouldn't even be in this country (not racist!).  Like a Huntsman or something.  

It is a Huntsman.

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It is a Huntsman.

Location - Canberra 

:facepalm:

11 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Haha yeah it's a huntsman, we also have wheelie bins in Australia ?

13 hours ago, Sharky999 said:

Makes my issues with the local false widows pale into insignificance

jb0yFpco4UxalR8VbZYBWsxDGF7eImQj0PFL_EIG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Arthur Morgan

I honestly don't mind big tarantulas like that, they're a bit slower and nice and furry :D

It's the medium sized house spiders that I don't like, they are so fast.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

• 2 months later...

Had anyone else noticed the invasion of Zebra spiders? 

They're small, but aggressive little things. (and they bite, but are less harmful than a flea) 

When you try to catch them, instead of running away, they'll often start squaring up to you and sometimes start jumping at the glass or whatever you're trying to catch it with, which makes them easy to catch. 

They're everywhere just now. 

Zebra-Spider.jpg

Edited by Col1874

Harry Potter
36 minutes ago, Col1874 said:

They're small, but aggressive little things. (and they bite, but are less harmful than a flea) 

When you try to catch them, instead of running away, they'll often start squaring up to you and sometimes start jumping at the glass or whatever you're trying to catch it with, which makes them easy to catch. 

Zebra-Spider.jpg

Look at the size of its eyes, scary wee dude.

Der Kaiser
2 hours ago, Col1874 said:

Zebra-Spider.jpg

Catch spiders???

I'm confused.....whos catching these little legged pricks? 

Yellow Pages. Bang. Done.

9 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Catch spiders???

I'm confused.....whos catching these little legged pricks? 

Yellow Pages. Bang. Done.

These ones are meant to live outside, I'm doing them a favour. 

• 3 weeks later...
All roads lead to Gorgie

I was watching a Wasp on the window sill today, next thing it was caught in a web. Out came a Spider half the size of the Wasp and zapped it on the head injecting poison I assumed. The Arachnid then strolled off leaving the deid Wasp without even taking a bite. I just checked it's still there. 

One less Wasp. I'm all for Spiders. 

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I was watching a Wasp on the window sill today, next thing it was caught in a web. Out came a Spider half the size of the Wasp and zapped it on the head injecting poison I assumed. The Arachnid then strolled off leaving the deid Wasp without even taking a bite. I just checked it's still there. 

One less Wasp. I'm all for Spiders. 

It’s waiting for the wasps insides to dissolve so it can suck them out. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 hours ago, Tazio said:

It’s waiting for the wasps insides to dissolve so it can suck them out. 

That's breakfast sorted then ?️

13 hours ago, Tazio said:

It’s waiting for the wasps insides to dissolve so it can suck them out

:oohmatron:

• 1 month later...
All roads lead to Gorgie

There is a spider here that comes out of the fireplace every night and then runs across the floor. It is huge and I swear every night it gets even bigger. :vrwow:

The spider that is before Kenneth Williams makes an appearance :)

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

When I lived In Somerset I had a false widow in my bedroom. Left it alone eventhough it's our most poisonous spider in the UK. Never bothered me and I never bothered the little ****er however it took my kindness for a weakness and after returning from a weeks holiday I discovered 6 false widows were now on my bedroom wall. Was a bit nerve racking tubbing them up and letting them outside............ It wasn't the end of my ordeal.........another one that I didn't know about bit me on my shoulder as I rolled over in bed one night and now I have a tiny scar on my right shoulder. Was painful. Must have had a whole colony of them in my flat. 

Flying stag beetles flying round the town every other summer were even worse 

Edited by AW1
Typo

Harry Potter
On 28/10/2017 at 19:24, The Future's Maroon said:

Spotted this wee git just outside my front door when I got home! Thankfully it is now inside my cat, who like me, hates them.

IMG_0526.JPG

Had one like this running along my living room floor 2 days ago, picked it up and put it outside.

• 1 month later...
Салатные палочки
27 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Just no. 😭

:muggy:

Fair play to the young lad though. 

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

maxresdefault.jpg

If it wasn't for the legs that wouldnt be that bad. Bloody ****ing big leggy dick heads. 

I love my cordless hoover.....all Spiders have absolutely no defence against it.

And in case anyone think this seems this cruel I immediately empty the hoover into the toilet so they can wash any dust off.....

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Rick James
On 29/05/2019 at 10:43, Col1874 said:

Zebra-Spider.jpg

Spotted one of these wee guys the other day. Immediately clocked the pattern and googled it and found it rather fascinating. Then I clocked a wee corn fly on my window sill and gathered he was eyeing it up. That's when I saw the **** pounce and go for it. Genuinely pretty awesome to watch. We had the window wide open and he quickly buggered off outside, happy days. Went into my wee girls room earlier and he was there again (I assume), with another smaller pal on the window. Watched the Zebra spider dangle on a web line though, which i found strange because I read that jumping spiders don't spindle webs.

Saw another spider on the outside of my living room window just before finding these 2. I'm in a top floor flat in Musselburgh town centre so wasn't expecting so many. Better not be a sign of things to come. Haven't seen one since I moved in at the end of February and seen 4 today.

The 4th one wasn't in my flat (thank ****) but in the stair, on the landing below. My girlfriend spotted it and came and got me to have a look. The thing is ****ing huge! Genuinely the biggest I think I've seen. I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight knowing that **** is floating around. :lol: 

11 hours ago, Locky said:

Spotted one of these wee guys the other day. Immediately clocked the pattern and googled it and found it rather fascinating. Then I clocked a wee corn fly on my window sill and gathered he was eyeing it up. That's when I saw the **** pounce and go for it. Genuinely pretty awesome to watch. We had the window wide open and he quickly buggered off outside, happy days. Went into my wee girls room earlier and he was there again (I assume), with another smaller pal on the window. Watched the Zebra spider dangle on a web line though, which i found strange because I read that jumping spiders don't spindle webs.

Saw another spider on the outside of my living room window just before finding these 2. I'm in a top floor flat in Musselburgh town centre so wasn't expecting so many. Better not be a sign of things to come. Haven't seen one since I moved in at the end of February and seen 4 today.

The 4th one wasn't in my flat (thank ****) but in the stair, on the landing below. My girlfriend spotted it and came and got me to have a look. The thing is ****ing huge! Genuinely the biggest I think I've seen. I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight knowing that **** is floating around. :lol: 

The funny thing is, I posted about zebra spiders almost a year ago and I've been staring to notice them again too. 

Seems like they must be seasonal and come out from around May. 

They're tough wee things and sometimes stand their ground when threatened. 

• 3 months later...

Here’s your weekend entertainment , spiders having sex , not just any spiders though but GIANT ones 😂😂😂

DAF0EA99-F91F-4B4E-AE5D-63516A820BA6.jpeg

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Here’s your weekend entertainment , spiders having sex , not just any spiders though but GIANT ones 😂😂😂

DAF0EA99-F91F-4B4E-AE5D-63516A820BA6.jpeg

giphy.gif

I don’t get a lot of spiders in my house but that 2 nights in a row now that and absolutely huge one has casually sauntered across the floor as I’m watching telly. I just leave them to it, no point wasting my energy chasing it around when it isn’t bothering me. 

Bought a Fly Zapper years ago for the Kitchen, this removes the source of scran from the Spiders and they quickly moved house. 

£20 to £30 on Amazon well spent.

1 hour ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

Had to deal with this the other day :(

118548796_10224307801860615_8819576746526904517_o.jpg

Wait till that starts mating , your neighbours will be thinking it’s you and A N other

I live in the countryside and have a ton of spiders living in the house.

I actually have one in the bathroom that I feed by catching flies and throwing them into its webs for it.

I ****ing hate flies, so I kinda like having spiders in the house.

First big ******* of the season got himself caught in my washing basket.

I very kindly helped him into the kitchen sink. He looked cold so I ran him a hot bath. Added some fairy liquid for bubbles. 

Think he enjoyed it as he followed the water down the pipe when the plug was pulled.

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

I don’t get a lot of spiders in my house but that 2 nights in a row now that and absolutely huge one has casually sauntered across the floor as I’m watching telly. I just leave them to it, no point wasting my energy chasing it around when it isn’t bothering me. 

Sounds like it WAS bothering you.