• The Internet

• hughesie27

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

spiderthatcouldprobably.jpg

Oh hai.

:jjyay:

Oh hai massive corner spider, how arr u 2day lol :D kthxbi ?

:yas: :yas:

Edited by peter_hmfc

spiderthatcouldprobably.jpg

I had that when I moved into my new house a few years back.

The baby spiders were crawling through the holes in the plug sockets on the wall.

Creepy as ****. Lots of insect spray and my trusty old shoes made sure that the family of spiders didn't stay long. Was killing them on and off for about 2 weeks though. Eventually had to go up into the attic and finish off the mother. Should have taken a shotgun instead of a shoe. Got her though.

Edited by Sydney

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I like them. See all those Australian ones living next to each other though? Their going to eat each other imo... the ones that are left are going to be hard as nails, like some kind of Battle Royale for arachnids. :lol:

I had that when I moved into my new house a few years back.

The baby spiders were crawling through the holes in the plug sockets on the wall.

Creepy as ****. Lots of insect spray and my trusty old shoes made sure that the family of spiders didn't stay long. Was killing them on and off for about 2 weeks though. Eventually had to go up into the attic and finish off the mother. Should have taken a shotgun instead of a shoe. Got her though.

Used to keep the spare plastic shopping bags above one of the cupboards in the kitchen. One day the bursd goes up to get one, but can't seem to get a whole one as many have been ripped through and are now in little pieces. She shrugs her shoulders and says "must be a mouse".

Unfortunately I had the burden of knowledge. Having lived in a flat that once had mice, I know that they don't often scurry around that high up, and that if you have mice a few ripped bags are not usually your first clue.

I had a different perpetrator (or perpetrators) in mind and, yeah, sure enough, when I looked round the side of the cupboard to the one inch space between it and the wall I could see the dead body of a spider up against the back wall. To the right of the ex-spider was a number of marks on the cupboard side which would have been the spider eggs.

Thankfully, having eaten through most of the shopping bags, the wee ***** didn't stay around long enough for us to see them.

When I eventually got around to telling the bursd she was so horrified she fell out with me for even telling her :laugh:

It was certainly minging, and I would have freaked if I saw their cavalry going across my kitchen, but having dealt with flying cockroaches in Ibiza I'm not too bothered about spiders any more.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Used to keep the spare plastic shopping bags above one of the cupboards in the kitchen. One day the bursd goes up to get one, but can't seem to get a whole one as many have been ripped through and are now in little pieces. She shrugs her shoulders and says "must be a mouse".

Unfortunately I had the burden of knowledge. Having lived in a flat that once had mice, I know that they don't often scurry around that high up, and that if you have mice a few ripped bags are not usually your first clue.

I had a different perpetrator (or perpetrators) in mind and, yeah, sure enough, when I looked round the side of the cupboard to the one inch space between it and the wall I could see the dead body of a spider up against the back wall. To the right of the ex-spider was a number of marks on the cupboard side which would have been the spider eggs.

Thankfully, having eaten through most of the shopping bags, the wee ***** didn't stay around long enough for us to see them.

When I eventually got around to telling the bursd she was so horrified she fell out with me for even telling her :laugh:

It was certainly minging, and I would have freaked if I saw their cavalry going across my kitchen, but having dealt with flying cockroaches in Ibiza I'm not too bothered about spiders any more.

I'm almost certain that wasn't a spider that tore the bag, dude.

Robber Crab, I think. Eats coconuts. :)

More commonly know as the coconut crab as they are a variant of the hermit crab and young ones will use a coconut shell as a protective shell. They don't normally eat coconuts but will if they can get them open.

As a Landscaper living in Sydney, spiders are a daily occurance for me.

Most are pretty harmless, but you do need to be careful. I was bloody terrified for the first few weeks when I started working over here, but I'm not bothered by it now.

I've had encounters with all the dangerous ones, including only noticing a whole load of Redbacks after I stepped back to look at the foliage of the Rhapis palm I had been hand pruning!

Funnel Webs are definitely the worst, but we generally only find them when we excavate. The last job we did was all hand excavated and we found heaps of them. We stuck them all in a tub and made the apprentice drive them to a venom milking facility! Poor ******* must have been terrified!

I had a Wolf Spider (the ones which can jump) chase me earlier in the year, but throwing a shovel at it sorted it out!

Guest GhostHunter

I've been searching for a memory card from my Oz trip and found it at last.

This beastie nearly jumped on my face,

And yes, it really was that big.

post-10332-0-64443900-1388470639_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
The People's Chimp

This beast in Cambodia at the temples around angkor wat. Including its legs it was bigger than my hand. Massive thing.

080420102655.jpg