Should Locke resign?

Pants Shaton

Should Locke resign?  

1,210 members have voted

1. 1. Should Locke resign?

He shouldn't have been there in the first place. He's a good jambo but needs to learn his trade before he comes back.

People are saying he is doing the best he can. I appreciate that, but his best isn't good enough. Time to step down Gary.

We'd only be left with BB until the takeover I don't see how that would help

I think (hope) 'someone better' would be invited in, after BDO have a chat with FoH.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Only if it is possible to replace him with someone better for the same money at most.

That option may not exist though.

Say What Again

Ideally I'd like him to stay with us in a coaching capacity, with someone more experienced at the helm.

Only if it is possible to replace him with someone better for the same money at most.

That option may not exist though.

This is the way I feel. If Levein was able to step in I would be pleased.

A joint managerial partnership of Levein and Robbo. :clumshot:

I think we'd be surprised by how many managers would take the job for 6 months at little cost, it's a potential shop window for any manager, if they keep us up it's an amazing achievement and a great addition to a CV and if we are relegated then they did the best they could with no resources....it's win win in my opinion

Levein would definitely make us more difficult to beat and we'd scrape wins which is what we need, also he got paid of by the SFA so doesn't exactly need the cash

kingantti1874

I don't want Gary to leave the club, no way.. But I've said a few times if we are not allowed to sign experienced players on the pitch then we need some experience on the bench.. It's our only chance.. So I think he needs to step aside if we can convince so money like levein to take charge

I don't understand why anyone thinks this will happen?

He is at the club in the first place because he's the only option, what has changed?

And be serious Craig Levein? What makes you think he wants to come here? For no wage as well? Deluded.

Robbo? Not exactly a Scottish Mourinho is he? If Robbo is so much better than Locke then why wasn't he offered the job before Locke was, since he can't be far out of the same wage bracket as him.

I 100% agree that Gary Locke is out of his depth, he isn't ready to be managing the Hearts team, whether it be a team of 21 year olds or an experienced team. But we're stuck with him, and we need to deal with it, get behind him and hope he turns it around.

He's not going anywhere, and it will do him, nor the team, any good to have the fans turn on him. I will support him fully as long as it's him in the dug out. But I won't be sorry to see the back of him when he does, eventually, leave.

Hagar the Horrible

Because he is a good Hearts man yadayada and the predicament we are in yes its a horrendous task, You can't win games on emotional attachment, we need somebody willing to work for pennies but putting himself in the shop window, by trying to pull off the great escape and making a massive name for himself.

Yesterday was always going to happen, surprised its not already happened, and no doubt we will get a few more hammerings before things get better, Locke should do the honourable thing and step aside as its wont be long before the fans turn on him. I am not his biggest fan but don't want him to be forced out with a pitchfork armed mob

I am genuinely surprised that this isn't a 90%+ vote in favour of him resigning.

I've seen little or no signs this season that things are going to improve, & for that reason feel we need a change at the helm.

just heard levein on the radio saying a lot of these youngsters wouldnt pull a hearts jersey over their head in better times lockes hands are tied so what changes could he make if he took over for the rest of the season

Yesterday's result was humiliating & Gary's reputation has been permanently damaged by it.

If it had been Hibs, how would you feel?

just heard levein on the radio saying a lot of these youngsters wouldnt pull a hearts jersey over their head in better times lockes hands are tied so what changes could he make if he took over for the rest of the season

Levein (if he could be persuaded to take over) would bring tactics, proper coaching, grit, organisation, & resilience to the squad.

Levein (if he could be persuaded to take over) would bring tactics, proper coaching, grit, organisation, & resilience to the squad.

Genuine question, not trying to get a nibble or anything just think the answer could be interesting.

How do you know?

He is miles out his depth sadly and should never have been given the gig, I can honestly see us going down now.

He was only appointed because we have no money and it meant not taking on another wage. Since we still have no money, our options are limited.

Levein has his faults (many) - but he'd bring in some basic organisation and tactical awareness that Locke seems to find impossible to instill into these young players, many of whom are now on the way to being destroyed in future career terms. Levein was always treated well by Hearts through thick and thin, and I'd say he owes us one on that score.

However - sadly - life isn't like that. Gary won't resign and I dare say Levein wouldn't work for free for a season - although I seem to recall his Scotland pay-off left him sitting pretty.

I'm not sure Locke can do anything else with the resources he has available. The players let him and us down badly yesterday. They looked beat before they stepped on the park.

My reason for a yes vote is that this club really needs to stay up and I feel as much as I have great respect for Locky we need a much more experienced manager at the helm from here on in.

He's far too pally with the players, cannot get them organised or enthused for a big cup game at home.

We are 100% going down with him in charge. We need a disciplinarian manager in charge who will make us hard to ebat and pick up points through draws and scrappy 1-0 wins.

I fear it may already be too late.

Genuine question, not trying to get a nibble or anything just think the answer could be interesting.

How do you know?

I meant from a financial point of view.

Also, would he be prepared to take a short term contract perhaps until the end if the season?

Although I do know he met with Alex Mackie from the FOH on at least 1 occasion, but that was a few months ago.

He is at the club in the first place because he's the only option, what has changed.

And be serious Craig Levein? What makes you think he wants to come here? For no wage as well? Deluded.

Robbo? Not exactly a Scottish Mourinho is he? If Robbo is so much better than Locke then why wasn't he offered the job before Locke was, since he can't be far out of the same wage bracket as him.

I 100% agree that Gary Locke is out of his depth, he isn't ready to be managing the Hearts team, whether it be a team of 21 year olds or an experienced team. But we're stuck with him, and we need to deal with it, get behind him and hope he turns it around.

He's not going anywhere, and it will do him, nor the team, any good to have the fans turn on him. I will support him fully as long as it's him in the dug out. But I won't be sorry to see the back of him when he does, eventually, leave.

He is at the club in the first place because he's the only option, what has changed?

Spot on.

I think it would be difficult for Locke to step aside and watch someone else do his job. And I think he's too proud to resign even though he probably realises that's It's too much for him. So I think we're stuck with him.

Frank Sidebottom

How do you know?

His managerial career to date suggests he has these qualities.

Snake Plissken

I'm not sure Locke can do anything else with the resources he has available. The players let him and us down badly yesterday. They looked beat before they stepped on the park.

Whose job is it to get the players motivated and organised?

I said yes

But I said yes, only on the basis that he knew a "white knight" manager would come in immediately

Things wouldnt improve with Brown and Neilson calling the shots.

ToadKiller Dog

Take away the points punishment then we would be 3rd bottom , I find it difficult to think the squad at its current stage of development and experience that it's much better . Locke is maybe achieving just under a more realistic expectation .

Still long way to go in the league .

I am not yet ready to remove my backing of Locke . We don't have the money to change at this time anyway .

I am convinced Celtic would have thumped who ever they were playing yesterday as a response to getting dumped out of Europe

Frank Sidebottom

No one is saying that they think it will happen. People are simply putting forward possible, alternative scenarios. It may be unlikely that Locke will step aside and Levein or Robbo will take over.

In my view, it's not deluded to think that Levein would would for nothing - he did the same at Raith before Dundee Utd came along. It would be foolish not to at least ask him if he was prepared to help in these unusual circumstances.

His managerial career to date suggests he has these qualities.

The only problem with that is the fact Levien may have an alright track record, but he's never been presented with the challenge of a team quite like ours.

And how long would we give him? Everyone seems to agree that games like the Celtic game were inevitable, we were always going to get a pumping at some point, and this season would always be difficult. But then when things get bad, and we get a pumping, as we have all known would happen since day 1 of this season we're calling for the managers head. So if Levien was in charge, and the inevitable happened and our young boys get another doing similar to this one, how will we react? We couldn't call for another manager to go, and there is every chance that even with Levien in charge the team just aren't good enough and we are still doing bad, but why would Levien be given the benefit of the doubt and Locke not?

We have an U21 team out on the park with 3 seasoned hardworking decent pros who may not be fully fit.How experienced and what age were our Subs?Whoever is manager is not going to change that fact.I had expected more thrashings and did not expect a LC semi.Yesterday everything went right for Celtic and they are miles better than us.If I were to be critical of Locke I would have been more negative after the 2nd goal.

Getting rid of Gary Locke will probably just make things worse.

No. I don't think he is to blame for the current problems.

Yesterday was horrible, but overall when you include the Wee Cup and the League points we have won he has done a good job.

We have an U21 team out on the park with 3 seasoned hardworking decent pros who may not be fully fit.How experienced and what age were our Subs?Whoever is manager is not going to change that fact.I had expected more thrashings and did not expect a LC semi.Yesterday everything went right for Celtic and they are miles better than us.If I were to be critical of Locke I would have been more negative after the 2nd goal.

Getting rid of Gary Locke will probably just make things worse.

This

The work Levein did at DUFC is now paying dividends, we have lost Darren Murray (albeit gained Robbie Neilson).

There is most definitely a job/position at Hearts for Levein, whether it not he'd take it for Nowt is questionable and the one thing standing in way may be the sfa's monthly settlement he's earning.

Regardless, the team are rudderless, Gary is a good Hearts man but totally out of his depth as a manager (which in effect is what he is, not head coach). If we can keep him as Head Coach and bring in a DOF (Levein) to work alongside him and prepare the players tactically it'll free up Gary to coach and motivate.

We are down as it is, the time to act has long since past but we have to at least take a chance and the Hearts management and BDO must do this now. It is unthinkable for us to soldier on in this way.

Sunday was the gubbing we have deserved all season and it should be the catalyst for change within the coaching and playing staff; to give Hearts a chance to see out the season with more fight.

It's in all our best interests to at least explore our coaching options.

I voted no, because we can`t afford to replace him without it costing the club & I`m certainly not for Levein returning. It looks like we`ll just have to soldier on until the end of the season with Lockie, unless he want`s to resign, which I`m sure he won`t want to do.

At the end of the season the club will maybe have to rethink where we go from here, but if everyone`s honest, we knew we would be on the end of some real hammerings, and really to have come through this far before getting done is quite remarkable ,considering the number of young guys we`ve had to play in the team.

Do the people who think changing the manager won't make a difference know what tactics are?

He needs to walk for his own good. I don't want it to get the stage where a good guy and a proper Hearts man is hated by the support because he's out of his depth - and that's what will happen.

Archived