Head count for Saturday (for those who remain intact after yesterday) :

1 - Highlander

2 - tian447

3 - allyjambo

4 - bobinrobintaylorface

5 - Big Chae

6 - Fort Vallance (x3)

7 - PurfJambo1902

Depends. Are you on it? (lol jk lol lol)

I may be interested although the last affair at Rugby Park, minus the singing, was utter gash! But hey, if you show on Saturday we could have a chat.

Depends. Are you on it? (lol jk lol lol)

I may be interested although the last affair at Rugby Park, minus the singing, was utter gash! But hey, if you show on Saturday we could have a chat.

haha very funny.......

Sadly I cant make Tannadice on Saturday as Im looking after my 1 year old.

but the game on Boxing day is at Tynecastle mate... should be a good laugh

Train to Dundee and walk up to the ground on my

Tod on Saturday before meeting pals there. Pray for me:)

You'll be fine in Dundee. The locals are nae hassle at all but you and your mates should join us for a pre-match beverage.

Fort Vallance

Head count for Saturday (for those who remain intact after yesterday) :

1 - Highlander

2 - tian447

3 - allyjambo

4 - bobinrobintaylorface

5 - Big Chae

6 - Fort Vallance (x3)

7 - PurfJambo1902

Not been on here for a couple of days. Head count for what ?

Just trying to get a picture of the number of Hearts fans based in Tayside happy to meet for a pre-match pint and consider the potential for travelling with other fans to future home and away games. Those added to the list were those who expressed an active interest... assuming you are going to the United game?

Fort Vallance

Just trying to get a picture of the number of Hearts fans based in Tayside happy to meet for a pre-match pint and consider the potential for travelling with other fans to future home and away games. Those added to the list were those who expressed an active interest... assuming you are going to the United game?

Where are you drinking pre-match ?

PurfJambo1902

Going to tannadice still. But I'm only 17 so a pre match pint could be a bit risky. However I probably will take a few tins for the journey trough. Looking forward to this one

Dunfermline and District Hearts are gathering at the Northend Club, Fairmuir Street, Dundee, DD3 8HU. It is a discreet wee location off the Clepington Road and literally a 10 minute walk to Tannadice. How about making this the meeting point around 1pm assuming that suits everyone else?

As long as you don't buy any beverages you should be fine. Clubs like these have a tendency of ID'ing anyone approaching the bar who looks under 25.

As specified in the other thread, upper is the way to go at Tannadice. Plenty singing and none of this getting told to sit down by stewards nonsense. That's where I intend to be!

@PurfJambo: Not too difficult but I think your best bet might be a taxi which would cost you about ?6 as the venue is slightly obscure if you're not from

Dundee.

Gies a wave if you see us in the upper guys.

And chuck a few packets of haribo down anaw.

The Haribo will be for your laddies, no' you!

Nightmare!

I have to work tomorrow in Lochee :sob:

Not making it guys. Feel free to pop into the Hills bookies in Lochee on your way home though, I'll be there until 6:30 :(

Tayside Jambo

Nightmare!

I have to work tomorrow in Lochee :sob:

Not making it guys. Feel free to pop into the Hills bookies in Lochee on your way home though, I'll be there until 6:30 :(

I've been in there many a time!

Dunfermline and District Hearts are gathering at the Northend Club, Fairmuir Street, Dundee, DD3 8HU. It is a discreet wee location off the Clepington Road and literally a 10 minute walk to Tannadice. How about making this the meeting point around 1pm assuming that suits everyone else?

ah is that the fairmuir clubbie, talked about a lot in the real leigh griffiths blog

if Jocky Scott does not fly in on a jetpack with his talking cat then i am going to be dissappointed

if you didn't read the blog then you will have no idea what i am talking about

There is an infamous Fairmuir Social Club based in the Dryburgh area. I think that may be the one you're thinking of.

Good to meet a few fellow Jambos on Saturday despite a stinkin' result and look forward to meeting the others who couldn't make it due to other commitments.

Seems to be a number up for 5's. Everyone else still game?

Fort Vallance

Pitched up in the Fairmuir about 1.30 on Saturday. Saw a few familiar faces from the Merchiston but then realised I didn't know who I was looking for ! Worth the trip though. Newcastle Brown at ? 2.09 a bottle. Only bright spot of the day.

Pitched up in the Fairmuir about 1.30 on Saturday. Saw a few familiar faces from the Merchiston but then realised I didn't know who I was looking for ! Worth the trip though. Newcastle Brown at ? 2.09 a bottle. Only bright spot of the day.

Aye, allyjambo was sensible enough to send me a mobile number and description. Like yourself, it didn't even cross my mind.

Aye, allyjambo was sensible enough to send me a mobile number and description. Like yourself, it didn't even cross my mind.

i was not sensible enough to do some research where the pub was though.

it it took me 10 minutes and half a pint in the Fairmuir looking for Highlander by a puggy before i realised i was in the wrong place, i then went for a wander to the street the northend club was on and still couldnt see it and eventually had to get Highlander to talk me in to where the pub was some 25 minutes later from parking the car

when we left the pub to go to the ground my car was just round the corner some 50 yards from the northend pub

Fort Vallance

Probably knew who I was and decided to rubber me anyway !

Good to meet a few fellow Jambos on Saturday despite a stinkin' result and look forward to meeting the others who couldn't make it due to other commitments.

I am if everyone else is

Tayside Jambo

Still game

I was just wondering if anyone from Tayside was interested in a jaunt to:

Hearts v Kilmarnock / Tynecastle: Dec 26th

St Mirren v Hearts / St Mirren Park: Dec 29th

Two crucial games! If we could confirm a carload I'd be willing to do the driving.

Tayside Jambo

Think I'll be going to the Kilmarnock game, but will be coming from Linlithgow not Dundee, which doesn't help you Highlander.

I have space in my car for the ICT game for anyone needing transport there and back.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm from Edinburgh but was working in the Dundee/Montrose area this time last year for 8 months.

Pleasantly surprised at the amount of JTs I saw near my digs in Montrose around town.

Good stuff but glory hunters of course. ;)

I'm from Edinburgh but was working in the Dundee/Montrose area this time last year for 8 months.

Pleasantly surprised at the amount of JTs I saw near my digs in Montrose around town.

Good stuff but glory hunters of course. ;)

Ex Edinburgh, live in Arbroath, work in Montrose. Regular for 50 years or so. Don't think I could be described as a glory hunter !

From Linlithgow, moved to Dundee for uni, still here for work. Just me currently driving down on my own. Don't mind picking people up en route, if anyone wants to double up?

• 7 years later...

Be as well dragging up this old post.

Due to the tremendous response for the Perth and Kinross Bus for the final we are running a second one which will have a pick up In Dundee, St Madoes and Broxden.

Leaving Dundee at 8.45 with a stop off near Hampden for some pre match refreshments.

PM me if you are interested. 

• 3 weeks later...

two buses were sold out from the Perth and Kinross buses (including stops in Dundee and Dunblane)

some people unfortunately didn't get tickets so if anyone is looking please PM me.

£14 for adults and £8 for kids and we are booked into a pub near Hampden prematch. 

scott herbertson

Well done on organising this Ally - I wont be there but will be in spirit, and possibly on future trips

Highlander
On 21/04/2022 at 10:42, allyjambo said:

Be as well dragging up this old post.

Due to the tremendous response for the Perth and Kinross Bus for the final we are running a second one which will have a pick up In Dundee, St Madoes and Broxden.

Leaving Dundee at 8.45 with a stop off near Hampden for some pre match refreshments.

PM me if you are interested. 

How you doing Ally? I made the blunder of thinking tickets wouldn't yet be on sale and missed the cut. 

I'd be delighted to make the trip from Dundee but will have to see if any mates have a spare.   

On 08/05/2022 at 08:23, Highlander said:

How you doing Ally? I made the blunder of thinking tickets wouldn't yet be on sale and missed the cut. 

I'd be delighted to make the trip from Dundee but will have to see if any mates have a spare.   

ahhh nightmare pal.

let me know if you get sorted.