Tayside Hearts

Highlander

Greetings fellow fans,

During a current topic (A lesson from history of over-optimism?: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/135054-a-lesson-from-history-or-over-optimism/) I alluded to a connection to Dundee and a year old thread was referred to (Jambos: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/114479-jambos/page__st__100 - thanks for the link allyjambo) where a number of individuals from Dundee, Angus and Perth expressed an interest in travelling to Hearts matches together.

I wanted to ascertain whether that interest remains intact. Firstly, could those of you interested get back to me and secondly, depending on the positivity of the feedback, we are in the fortunate position where the next Away match is at Dundee United and it may be worth meeting prior to the match to identify just how many of us travel to games, home and away, and find out what options there are for reducing the travelling costs.

PS. Just to reassure any concern onlookers - I am not the LOL guy!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Warm Regards,

Highlander.

It does sound like a good idea in all fairness, it just needs to be properly organised instead of just being a lot of "lol"s on Kickback ;)

I plan on going to the Dundee United match on the 7th. I would definitely be interested if we can get a number of us together.

:thumbsup:

Tayside Jambo

Going to the game and interested in meeting/setting up Dundee fan group or travel group, but meeting some old Utd mates prior to the game. PM'd you Highlander. If there were enough fans would hiring a bus be viable?

I'd have to presume I'm the LOL guy :) so what's the plans?

you know you are the LOL guy

LOL

Yeah i would be interested as long as you do pick ups on the way, im sure between Dundee, the carse of gowrie and Perth there are enough people to make it worthwhile

I have set up and currently run a Scotland Supporters club which puts on buses to Hampden and trips afar so i could certainly help out although due to work commitments i don't go to all the games

http://www.minibushiredundee.com/

best getting a few quotes round from companies in Dundee

nobody wants to be the one picking up the mini bus, driving it and dropping it off the next day

for example we were ?330 for a 33 seater bus from Perth to Hampden for the last scotland game left Perth at 2pm and got back at midnight

?10 per head which was miles cheaper than public transport and dropped us at a pub next to the stadium

Thanks for all the interest and the handful of PMs! This is something we can work with.

Ally, I definitely think a meet prior to the United game is the way to go. Are you going to this match? What you described in post #5 is exactly what we are looking for with a guarantee of shared responsibility so neither you or anyone else is carrying the load alone. I would be happy to help out there but we'll see how many bodies we can get on the 7th.

Is everyone else happy with this?

Used to get few looks when I usedto play up there at uni but was a good laugh. No played a game in ages so if anyone needs a player

I normally play at soccerworld on weekly basis, sometimes 2, 3 times per week.... As it so happens, I'm playin tonight. And other than myself, only ever recall 2 other Jam tarts playn

Thanks for all the interest and the handful of PMs! This is something we can work with.

Ally, I definitely think a meet prior to the United game is the way to go. Are you going to this match? What you described in post #5 is exactly what we are looking for with a guarantee of shared responsibility so neither you or anyone else is carrying the load alone. I would be happy to help out there but we'll see how many bodies we can get on the 7th.

Is everyone else happy with this?

yeah i am planning on going, local game and all that

would be up for a game of fives at soccerworld too

Tayside Jambo

Forget the bus idea, who's up for 5's at soccerworld?

Not been there in about a year, used to play on wed nights in hearts top on the last pitch on the right. Up for games is anyone needs players

Edited by bobinrobintaylorface

I normally play at soccerworld on weekly basis, sometimes 2, 3 times per week.... As it so happens, I'm playin tonight. And other than myself, only ever recall 2 other Jam tarts playn

I usually play there on a Tuesday night, you may have seen me there at some point :thumbsup:

Tayside Jambo

so game of fives then?

thursday or Sunday nights are good for me as long as the standard is not too good

1/Allyjambo

Be good if there were 10 available. Depends on time, think i used to pay ?5 for an hour between 8-9 on a wed night. There is also the outdoor 7's pitch at soccer world and the outdoor 7's one in douglas near the sainsburys that can be booked as well.

so game of fives then?

thursday or Sunday nights are good for me as long as the standard is not too good

1/Allyjambo

Thursday nights suit me the best. Sunday could maybe work as long as it was a late one, like 9pm.

Can't imagine the standard will be stellar, so count me in! :thumbsup:

1 - allyjambo

2 - tian447

Be good if there were 10 available. Depends on time, think i used to pay ?5 for an hour between 8-9 on a wed night. There is also the outdoor 7's pitch at soccer world and the outdoor 7's one in douglas near the sainsburys that can be booked as well.

Soccerworld works out as about a fiver each for an hour, think the session is actually ?55 an hour but they usually let you away with ?50. It's also probably the easiest to get to as it's on a main bus route and a main road :thumbsup:

I usually play there on a Tuesday night, you may have seen me there at some point :thumbsup:

to be fair, I've very rarely played on a Tuesday funnily enough mate, plus I have no idea what you look like :)

Tayside Jambo

1-ally jambo

2-tian447

3-highlander

4-hogsonmaman

5-Capt. Price

Halfway there :thumbsup:

I'm good for thursdays also.

Most nights are good for me, joys of the student life

so Thursday Nights at 8 or 9?

i assume its an hour slot on the hour at Soccerworld?

as for age range im pushing 40 so you better not be a load of young nippy 20 year olds or i will have to slow you down Pasquale Bruno style

so Thursday Nights at 8 or 9?

i assume its an hour slot on the hour at Soccerworld?

as for age range im pushing 40 so you better not be a load of young nippy 20 year olds or i will have to slow you down Pasquale Bruno style

Nippy 22 year old :thumbsup:

This does sound like it could be a right laugh actually. We could even ask sistershagger.net to see if they have 5 fans up here that we could play against ;)

1-ally jambo

2-tian447

3-highlander

4-hogsonmaman

5-Capt. Price

6-dokratrO

I'm in. Where's Soccerworld and can I walk there from the city centre?

I'm in. Where's Soccerworld and can I walk there from the city centre?

Get an 18 towards Kirkton from the stops at the McManus Gallery, and you go right past it once you get to the Kingsway. I live in the City Centre as well and that's how I get up there.

It's a fair trek, I wouldn't advise walking to be honest :thumbsup:.

Tayside Jambo

1-ally jambo

2-tian447

3-highlander

4-hogsonmaman

5-Capt. Price

6-dokratrO

7-bobitobintaylorface

Sorry ally jambo, I'm a nippy 21 year old. I have a car, so those in the city centre I have space for 4. It is a tiny 15 year old Micra,

See 5's? It's hardly the world sprint championship.

Who gives a **** about speed :P Let's just hoof a ball about for an hour and have a laugh.

Whilst myself and robinrobintaylorface run past you all coz we're the nippy young 'ins :thumbsup:

if its just a hoof for banter I played 5s for years but 46 now, sure I could play opposite highlander in the other goals if your short

Lads, I just want to to do a quick head count for Saturday's match as well (so this is not for 5's at Soccerworld) as we may need to look at locating a suitable meeting point rather than having a bunch of opposition fans descending on someone else's boozer, so for the United meet and match next week we have:

1 - Highlander

2 - tian447

3 - allyjambo

4 - bobinrobintaylorface

5 - Big Chae

6 - Fort Vallance (x3)

Allyjambo, you need to delete some PM's!

Lads, I just want to to do a quick head count for Saturday's match as well (so this is not for 5's at Soccerworld) as we may need to look at locating a suitable meeting point rather than having a bunch of opposition fans descending on someone else's boozer, so for the United meet and match next week we have:

1 - Highlander

2 - tian447

3 - allyjambo

4 - bobinrobintaylorface

5 - Big Chae

6 - Fort Vallance (x3)

Allyjambo, you need to delete some PM's!

is not my fault i am popular ha ha

have deleted a few

PurfJambo1902

Jambo from Perth, get to most games but struggle with transport as trains are pricey. This bus would be perfect and i would be in for home and away games. up for meeting before united away on the 7th.

Tayside Jambo

Jambo from Perth, get to most games but struggle with transport as trains are pricey. This bus would be perfect and i would be in for home and away games. up for meeting before united away on the 7th.

What numbers of Hearts supporters are in Perth? and how many attend games either home or away.?

What numbers of Hearts supporters are in Perth? and how many attend games either home or away.?

there was a lot in Perth, probably still is, my pal still travels with his dad

remember the bus back in the day (1990's) with Ewan Moyes (currently brechin captain) was a young laddie and Ewan Murray (writes for the Guardian) were on the bus

stopped not long after the 1998 final if i remember correctly