"Freemen"/"Sovereign citizens"

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Sovereign citizens. :rofl:

Cod legal pish. They seem to believe it though. Party litigants. Total pests.

Latest example here:

A police spokesman said: ?A 44-year-old man is subject of a report to the procurator fiscal in connection with an alleged road traffic offence on November 6.? He'll turn up at court and plead the same errant nonsense.

http://canlii.ca/en/...012abqb571.html

The bluntly idiotic substance of Mr. Mead?s argument explains the unnecessarily complicated manner in which it was presented. OPCA arguments are never sold to their customers as simple ideas, but instead are byzantine schemes which more closely resemble the plot of a dark fantasy novel than anything else. Latin maxims and powerful sounding language are often used. Documents are often ornamented with many strange marking and seals. Litigants engage in peculiar, ritual?like in court conduct. All these features appear necessary for gurus to market OPCA schemes to their often desperate, ill?informed, mentally disturbed, or legally abusive customers. This is crucial to understand the non-substance of any OPCA concept or strategy. The story and process of a OPCA scheme is not intended to impress or convince the Courts, but rather to impress the guru?s customer.[9][emphasis in original]

That copper is a King amongst men.

'Tam, son of Wee Boaby. Big Boaby lives on the same street, dinnae confuse them' :lol:

Copper deal with it well. The perpetrator in this instance is also far less annoying that other similar videos I've seen. The one with the TV Licence for example.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

i'd have carted him off down the cells for a swift dose of light truncheon therapy

Nippy dick (I lasted about two minutes)

Charge him with wasting police time too

I've absolutely no idea about the legal side of any of this, sounds utter nonsense, but i'm pleasantly surprised by the police reaction to it.

Mr Brightside
but i'm pleasantly surprised by the police reaction to it.

Think that was due to the situation being filmed. Pretty sure the police would have behaved differently if the camera wasn't present.

Think that was due to the situation being filmed. Pretty sure the police would have behaved differently if the camera wasn't present.

You're quite possibly right but they looked like they knew it wasn't worth getting pissed off about, just follow procedure, book him and on their way. I've seen police filming people in crowds, and when any of them pulled a phone / camera out and started filming them they went nuts. Bit of a difference though i suppose.

Mr Brightside

You're quite possibly right but they looked like they knew it wasn't worth getting pissed off about, just follow procedure, book him and on their way. I've seen police filming people in crowds, and when any of them pulled a phone / camera out and started filming them they went nuts. Bit of a difference though i suppose.

Yeah, I am in doubt that all that is happening is the 'traveller' is delaying the inevitable. Eventually he will be fined and get points.

I've absolutely no idea about the legal side of any of this, sounds utter nonsense, but i'm pleasantly surprised by the police reaction to it.

No real point kicking off when you are on camera is there??

No real point kicking off when you are on camera is there??

Totally, but i've seen it happen. I didn't really mean kick off so much as not be as friendly as they were. They just engaged with his pish until they were finished their checks then were on their way, which in my opinion is as it should be. The boy will presumably get his comeuppance eventually. Too often imo the police just aggravate situations by being wider than the tit they're speaking too.

Totally, but i've seen it happen. I didn't really mean kick off so much as not be as friendly as they were. They just engaged with his pish until they were finished their checks then were on their way, which in my opinion is as it should be. The boy will presumably get his comeuppance eventually. Too often imo the police just aggravate situations by being wider than the tit they're speaking too.

Totally agree with your last line, witnessed that all too often when they try and be all smart arse when dealing with people.

Been on the receiving end myself a few times of a smart arse cop trying to be the big I am. Not worth acknowledging it or rising to it though, although my yawning and rolling my eyes at him probably didn't help his attempted hard man/comedy routine to be fair.

Totally agree with your last line, witnessed that all too often when they try and be all smart arse when dealing with people.

Been on the receiving end myself a few times of a smart arse cop trying to be the big I am. Not worth acknowledging it or rising to it though, although my yawning and rolling my eyes at him probably didn't help his attempted hard man/comedy routine to be fair.

Once on the way to a Celtic game at Tynie i was walking down from Harrison Park in the direction of the Ardmillan. On the left before you got to the crossroads with Slateford Road there was a decent number of police with a group of lads up against the wall taking their names (no idea what had gone on). Some of the dog handlers were there with a couple of Alsatians. I pointed at one of the dogs and laughed, pointing out to my mate how scabby it looked (stupid in hindsight but i was pretty quiet and certainly wasn't trying to engage anyone else other than my pal). We carried on walking and the next thing i know a hand on my shoulder spun me round and grabbed me, shoved me backwards on to the bonnet of the van, and held up the dog on to the front of me - just keeping a tight enough grip on it so it was barking about a foot from me, with it's paws on my legs. The policeman was giving it "whose scabby now?", etc. I obviously shat myself and was apologising, as about ten people stood slack-jawed staring. After a minute he let me leave telling me i was lucky!! Probably should've complained afterwards but was just happy i was away and my dad wasn't there - he was about 100 yards in front of me with my sisters and missed the whole thing!

Not sure the point of telling that story, but police can be utter wankers sometimes!

Archived