To hibs.net - here is how we're feeling tonight

Craigieboy

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Had it in for them that much that he denied Ross County a stonewall penalty! 

Id say bordering on two stonewallers. 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• martoon

• maroonlegions

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

260628174_187661906899531_8080520315101187100_n.thumb.jpg.4f559ba7ed9973ea09f50b918095f681.jpg

Sorry - did they win the cup? I must have missed that!

Supporting Hearts has enough ups an downs mind ****ery, who cares what that lot think. Their ugly sisters will fist them multiple times.

9 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...don't doubt both of you. I've tried to find the rules on a straight red, but cant see anything for Scottish football.

Apparently, in the EPL, it seems to be 3 match ban for violent conduct and 2 match ban for dissent.

How many matches does a player miss after a red card?

If a player is sent off for a professional foul (eg holding an opponent back when they're through on goal) or a second bookable offence they will be handed a one-match ban.

Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two-match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases.

Pathetic suspensions when you think about it.

Screenshot_20211125-205444_Kindle.jpg

Guest ToqueJambo

Boyle's hairpiece alone should be an automatic red card. When you have to check your hair's still stuck on like he did after one of his semi goals it's probably time to just go bald.

Edited by ToqueJambo

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Boyle's hairpiece alone should be an automatic red card. When you have to check your hair's still stuck on like he did after one of his semi goals it's probably time to just go bald.

he should just go full on Paul Magowan 🤣🤣  

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why would you sit and watch hibs goals? 

4 hours ago, fila said:

They will not be lifting any cups at Hampden this season, bottom six club at best 

I said this earlier in the thread, I won't be surprised if they're fighting relegation this season.  

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I said this earlier in the thread, I won't be surprised if they're fighting relegation this season.  

I'd say they're in free-fall right now... 6 pts off the bottom, 5 straight defeats, 2 tough games coming up with players suspended...

:glorious:

...then Scumdee, shellick and us on the horizon. Santa's coming early this year!

Edited by Rogue Daddy
They have Motherwell, Livi & St Liedown first. My bad!... still a tough run of plenty games coming.

17 hours ago, jonesy said:

Remember, this is the club that released a video commemorating an aggregate loss to AEK.

Please tell me that's true? 😁

57 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Make a Hibs fan's Christmas: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hibernian-vs-AEK-Athens-VHS/dp/B000068C2X

(Although not sure if VHS has made it's way to Leith. Contact the seller for Betamax options)

They also released a video of their European Cup trailblazing exploits in 1955/56.

"No actual game footage" in small print on the back was the rub. Just talking heads and, I believe, goal reconstructions.

The Hibby snapped those bad boys right up.

Bazzas right boot
19 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

260628174_187661906899531_8080520315101187100_n.thumb.jpg.4f559ba7ed9973ea09f50b918095f681.jpg

Yip

Do we

Lllllook happy? 

Might need updated to

Do we Llllllook happy after the weekend. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, fila said:

They will not be lifting any cups at Hampden this season, bottom six club at best 

Be very hibs tho. 

Win the lc and get relegated. 

They do manage to **** up every success they have. 

Even their sc win was done while spending 3 seasons in the championship, the celebration of our relegation. 

They are quite funny, when they lose they  lose, but even when they win- sometimes they still **** it up. 

On 23/10/2021 at 07:05, Kiwidoug said:

Love this kind of post.  Cheers me up.  0762? Should I change mine to 22-17-51.

What I suspect he hates with a real passion is 4-0, 5-1, 3-1, 2-1 and the FoH.

Or one Scottish Cup in 120 years.

His pin number surely?

4 hours ago, martoon said:

They also released a video of their European Cup trailblazing exploits in 1955/56.

"No actual game footage" in small print on the back was the rub. Just talking heads and, I believe, goal reconstructions.

The Hibby snapped those bad boys right up.

I wasn't aware of that, but it's fecking hilarious.

They were certainly trail blazers when it came to the European Cup though.  Long before the Champions League era, when teams can finish 4th in their domestic league but still qualify, Hibs made it to the first European Cup by finishing 5th in Scotland.  Only because the top 4 (including Hearts) refused the invite to what was then a tournament organised by Real Madrid and not sanctioned by any of European football's governing bodies.  Chelsea, who had won the English title for the only time pre Abramovich, also declined to participate as the FA had taken a dim view of the competition and warned them off.

23 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry - did they win the cup? I must have missed that!

I still have my free t shirt from Vlad's first semi to be fair. 

4 hours ago, RobNox said:

I wasn't aware of that, but it's fecking hilarious.

They were certainly trail blazers when it came to the European Cup though.  Long before the Champions League era, when teams can finish 4th in their domestic league but still qualify, Hibs made it to the first European Cup by finishing 5th in Scotland.  Only because the top 4 (including Hearts) refused the invite to what was then a tournament organised by Real Madrid and not sanctioned by any of European football's governing bodies.  Chelsea, who had won the English title for the only time pre Abramovich, also declined to participate as the FA had taken a dim view of the competition and warned them off.

Exactly Rob.

They're participation was incidental and, 66 years later, is no more than a footnote in the history of Scottish/British football.

To them it's a triumph.

There was a notion put forward on .nut a while back suggesting that a retrospective set of medals would be in order.

True story, bud.

Still, I wouldn't change a thing. Their delusions, illusions, meaningless, unquantifiable boasts is what makes, and keeps, the modern day Hibernian the way it is:

...celebrating mediocrity, labelling shite footballers "legends" and being the biggest bitch a local derby ever threw up.

FTHibs

11 hours ago, dav1e said:

They're like a parody of a City rival , I find them quite funny. 

I find them rather pathetic to the point I pity them. Imagine being sooo obsessed with your rival, that you believe writing a letter to Lithuanian authorities (knowing them penned in Russian) to try and facilitate the demise of a team that has bitch-slapped them so often, it actually affected their mental health. 

O'Connor, Griffiths, Riordan, Sproule ... to name but a few.

This latest addition is no laughing matter; but just goes to show. Even in their dotage, you can rely on them for embarrassment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/ex-hibs-dunfermline-star-stalked-25485220.amp?int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2021 at 15:56, Wee Mikey said:

O'Connor, Griffiths, Riordan, Sproule ... to name but a few.

This latest addition is no laughing matter; but just goes to show. Even in their dotage, you can rely on them for embarrassment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/ex-hibs-dunfermline-star-stalked-25485220.amp?int_source=taboola&int_medium=display&int_campaign=organic

Is that not an episode of Still Game? 

• 2 months later...

I would not be surprised if Hibs do a Butcher and lose their final 5 league games. Destroy their confidence and their wittering support next Saturday and that could happen. St Johnstone will have more fight than hibs

Not saying it will happen but if they lose next week and St Johnston win, it's all on for the play offs.  Their lsst fixtures are Aberdeen and St J.

Victor Meldrew
7 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

821692EF-5A05-4AA5-964C-F672C80D34C4.jpeg

I thought the Hibs fans' display at the other end of a bit of a saltire and a red stripe looked impressive too - they managed to keep it up for the whole match too...

Montgomery Brewster
4 minutes ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I thought the Hibs fans' display at the other end of a bit of a saltire and a red stripe looked impressive too - they managed to keep it up for the whole match too...

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

F T H 

heartgarfunkel
1 hour ago, Victor Meldrew said:

giphy.gif

Edited by heartgarfunkel

• cosanostra locked and unlocked this topic