Zlatan goal yesterday

Sten Guns

Thank **** a certain poster isn't knocking about to try and tell me that it doesn't count because it wasn't in the Champs League final.

He is The Greatest in the World

arsenal-yrj6r.gif

Completely different obviously... Still prefer this from yesterday. Literally unreal.

Edited by indianajones

Guest C00l K1d

arsenal-yrj6r.gif

Completely different obviously... Still prefer this from yesterday. Literally unreal.

Serious challengers for the league this season.

Wonder if theyll bring anyone else in in the january window

Zlatan is a machine.

Just finished reading his book.

Special. Barca almost ruined him.

I didn't realise it has been released in English. Will have to get it

arsenal-yrj6r.gif

Fantastic goal...but it did happen.

Hating Zlatan is hating football, imo.

If you can't get enjoyment watching him then the game is a bogey for you.

But, but, but... Champions League, etc...

Wonder how many creamed themselves over it. An excellent piece of improvisation but then that's Zlatan for you - one of the most selfish players around.

What should have been discussed was the Wilshire goal vs Norwich. Essentially the same piece of skill, but done at pace (whether he entirely meant it or not is obviously open to discussion). A truly mesmerising sequence of passes perfectly executed. Team goals trump individual goals every time.

Everytime.

What should have been discussed was the Wilshire goal vs Norwich. Essentially the same piece of skill, but done at pace (whether he entirely meant it or not is obviously open to discussion). A truly mesmerising sequence of passes perfectly executed. Team goals trump individual goals every time.

Everytime.

That was a fantastic goal. Arsenal at their best.

That was a fantastic goal. Arsenal at their best.

Indeed. I've re-watched it a number of times and it really is top notch stuff. Reminded me of a spell they went through where they were pinging it around about 6 yrs ago but then fell off the deep end. I'm tending to want to watch this Arsenal team lately as JM has ruined the potential Chelsea had. Shame.

Thinking Arsenal's game vs Dortmund on Tue should be a good barometer of how they've progressed.

Rudolf's Mate

Wonder how many creamed themselves over it. An excellent piece of improvisation but then that's Zlatan for you - one of the most selfish players around.

Everytime.

I watched it over and over to see if he was nudged thus improvising, which would be incredible. I couldn't see any nudge/push and it looks as though he moves himself (IMO) into that position in the full knowledge of what he's about to attempt. For me this is even better than adjusting himself to stick a boot on it. Creaming myself, yes I am :lol:

Wilshire's goal was something else. What I really don't get is that people aren't talking about Aaron Ramsey. After coming off the bench, he was sensational!

I watched it over and over to see if he was nudged thus improvising, which would be incredible. I couldn't see any nudge/push and it looks as though he moves himself (IMO) into that position in the full knowledge of what he's about to attempt. For me this is even better than adjusting himself to stick a boot on it. Creaming myself, yes I am :lol:

Wilshire's goal was something else. What I really don't get is that people aren't talking about Aaron Ramsey. After coming off the bench, he was sensational!

What I meant, was, like the goal vs England he recognised that there was an opportunity to put it on goal (both from unintended consequences - Hart racing out/ the defender deflecting the ball into the air). He improvised. His ego is such that he's willing to try stuff like that. Others don't although are most likely capable ... not all of course.

Did you see Pienaar's goal for Everton ... another class deft trailing foot touch.

Edited by ArcticJambo

Rudolf's Mate

What I meant, was, like the goal vs England he recognised that there was an opportunity to put it on goal (both from unintended consequences - Hart racing out/ the defender deflecting the ball into the air). He improvised. His ego is such that he's willing to try stuff like that. Others don't although are most likely capable ... not all of course.

Did you see Pienaar's goal for Everton ... another class deft trailing foot touch.

Gotcha.

Just watched SP's goal just now. Very, very well taken.

Snake Plissken

More than 100 assists in his career.

Selfish indeed.

I'm curious...should he have passed in this situation?

More than 100 assists in his career.

Selfish indeed.

I believe he's been playing for about 13/14 seasons, and dare I say it with some pretty decent players.

I'm curious...should he have passed in this situation?

Not sure he was in a position to pass, and his team mate was in an offside position.

I believe he's been playing for about 13/14 seasons, and dare I say it with some pretty decent players.

Not sure he was in a position to pass, and his team mate was in an offside position.

A striker with 100 assists in 13 seasons.

Sounds shit, glad Hearts aren't in for him.

Edited by scott_jambo

Ok, confused now.

I'm out.

Snake Plissken

So averaging an assist every five games doesn't count if you have good players alongside you?

Right...

So averaging an assist every five games doesn't count if you have good players alongside you?

Right...

I'm maybe being a tad unfair, and it might be worth comparing some of the 'best' players of the last 20 yrs (say for example) to see how he stands up. Who knows. I just get that feeling watching him, that it's mainly about Zlatan. Always have.

Love watching him mind. Great touch for a big man. :)

Went through a period of watching Porto/Lyon games simply to marvel at the touches, movement , etc of Lisandro Lopez .. criminally under-rated player at the time.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a circus trick as much as the next man but I do rather prefer simple football perfected.

****. I wasted my 3000th post on this. :seething:

Gregory House M.D.

:lol:

As good a goal the Arsenal one was, Wilsheres flick was a pure fluke and Ibra's goal slashes all over it.

2 stunning goals tonight on his way to a hatrick in 35mins of the first half v Anderlecht in the Champions League tonight.

8 goals in 4 games, the guy is a goal machine... I'd love to see him in the EPL!

His 2nd and 3rd tonight were brilliant as was his goal at the weekend. Some of the things the guy does is unbelievable which you just get enjoyment from. To whoever it was that called him selfish in his season at barca he had 15 assists along with his 22 goals

4 goals away from home in the Champions League. Doesn't count because it wasn't in a final :malcolmtuckergif:

4 goals away from home in the Champions League. Doesn't count because it wasn't in a final :malcolmtuckergif:

He should have passed :sob: