Things you've always wondered about but couldn't be bothered to find out

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

JamboInSouthsea

On the dog turd front...what has been added or removed from dog food that no longer makes the poo go white when left out for a bit?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• redjambo

• FWJ

• ¼½¾

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest GhostHunter

On the dog turd front...what has been added or removed from dog food that no longer makes the poo go white when left out for a bit?

Kind of related (but not answering the question !) - does anyone remember (who owned a dog) back in around the early to mid 90's, when dog's breath suddenly went all garlicky ? Turns out it was something Bakers Dog Food put into their dried dog food that was reacting with the stomach acid...

Staying on the dog theme; do chihuahua's always tremble when they shite, or is it only when they're being watched doing it?

BoJack Horseman

Lack of calcium in the poo from not eating bones any more.

JamboInSouthsea

Lack of calcium in the poo from not eating bones any more.

Cheers, you have put my mind to rest now :lol:

JamboInSouthsea

Could it also be that in general there's less dog turdery left lying around so spotting the elusive whitey is harder?

Damned health and safety punters!!

In France they go round at night and blast freeze the turd then vacuum it up...after that who knows.

Staying on the dog theme; do chihuahua's always tremble when they shite, or is it only when they're being watched doing it?

tbf they tremble pretty much constantly!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Been answered already

Edited by Brian Whittakers Tache

What's inside the black cube-like building at the centre of the Hajj pilgrimage, Mecca. I always wondered if there was a McDonald's in there :)

Nae fries.

Apparently it's called the Kaaba, and there are three pillars, a small altar and what are described as lamp-like objects hanging from the ceiling above a platform. A staircase leads to the roof.

inside-the-kaaba.jpg

Hannibal Lecter

Are there cavemen in heaven?

Do you wear the same clothes forever in heaven?

What do you do in heaven?

If you get to heaven is it possible to be bad and get thrown out?

Are there different heavens for different people? I can't imagine Hibs fans going to heaven and finding some of us there......"Hey....so....19th of May....."

Also....if heaven does exist, and you're a believer and all that stuff, say you lose a leg in an accident but survive. When you die years later is your leg waiting for you in heaven?

That said.....I don't believe in heaven so these questions are kinda pointless.......I just wasted two minutes of my life......and yours.

Sorry.

Another heaven related one, do we stay the same as when we die, such as same age, the way we look or does it change as time passes.

Guest C00l K1d

Another heaven related one, do we stay the same as when we die, such as same age, the way we look or does it change as time passes.

Apparently muslims believe you go to heaven the way you die and stay like that for eternity.

Bit shite if you don't die in your youth then IMO.

How can woman bleed for a week and not die?

How can Woman claim that child birth is the most painful experience ever when theyve never had a leather football smashed square in the nuts?

PMSL so true

Sometimes I wonder about how shit works, like televisions or computers, how do these boxes of microchips and wires make images appear on a screen? How is it possible that I can communicate easily with people thousands of miles away from me in an instant?

Generally that's a thought that takes me into the deepest and darkest corners of my mind.

Why do people find some stuff funny but not others?

How do airplanes stay in the sky? Massive metal containers full of people with no propellers that can travel upto 600mph.

Why do we have different languages and where do the languages derive from?

BoJack Horseman

Apparently muslims believe you go to heaven the way you die and stay like that for eternity.

Seems they've found a way around that.

Black rock from the time of Adam and Eve according to Muslims

What's inside the black cube-like building at the centre of the Hajj pilgrimage, Mecca. I always wondered if there was a McDonald's in there :)

Nae fries.

Apparently it's called the Kaaba, and there are three pillars, a small altar and what are described as lamp-like objects hanging from the ceiling above a platform. A staircase leads to the roof.

inside-the-kaaba.jpg

Barney Rubble

does the volume of water on the earth ever increase or decrease?

Watched a programme once that explained this , think it stays the same but if you go and have a glass of water now a molecule of that water could have been drunk by some famous person from centuries ago , ,

Stuart McNeill

So if there in a 1,000 different pieces how can they possible get all the woman they are promised?

Guest C00l K1d

So if there in a 1,000 different pieces how can they possible get all the woman they are promised?

Exactly.

Although i dont think muslim suicide bombers are known for their rational thinking

BoJack Horseman

Boring religious debate thread in 3...2...1

That display pic change is worthy of the seethe thread.

BoJack Horseman

Haha. Roger, why?

Because it's how I keep track of posters on the board. Easier to follow a display picture in a thread than a name. You might as well be a newbie now.

That, and I fancy Damon Wayans.

Because it's how I keep track of posters on the board. Easier to follow a display picture in a thread than a name. You might as well be a newbie now.

That, and I fancy Damon Wayans.

True. There were too many people debating the poster and not the post Roger. I was left with no choice but to change it. :( That's the way this place gets i'm afraid.

Edited by scott_jambo

BoJack Horseman

True. There were too many people debating the poster and not the post Roger. I was left with no choice but to change it. :( That's the way this place gets i'm afraid.

Racists.

Why do the Australians call the English (Scottish?) Poms when it was actually Australia that was built by Poms?

While we're there. How can a whole country's population in such a short time end up all speaking with the same, completely different accent to what the original Brits had?

And why is the alphabet in the order that it is?

Do animals have blood types?

Why dont people fight on top of trains anymore?

Prisoner

Of

Mother

England

POME was stamped on the convicts cloths back in the day,so they called them poms. :afro:

Prisoner

Of

Mother

England

POME was stamped on the convicts cloths back in the day,so they called them poms. :afro:

Yeh, but why do Aussies call us that?

because the folk coming over on the boats were Brits and not Aussies (yet).

Nadya is a fast improvement on the other picture, although I do like the blokes name.

That display pic change is worthy of the seethe thread.

By the time transportation ended in the late 19th Century, a lot of the inhabitants of the convict island were 2nd and 3rd generation and so considered themselves Australian.

Why is the noise of a group of people shouting, say a football crowd, louder than the noise of one person shouting? Surely it should just be the louse level of the loudest person?

BoJack Horseman

Why is the noise of a group of people shouting, say a football crowd, louder than the noise of one person shouting? Surely it should just be the louse level of the loudest person?

At a guess, it's the area covered.

Gregory House M.D.

If you had all the people in the world standing shoulder to shoulder then how big an area would bw taken up. And what would happen if they all jumped at the same time.

You wouldn't have time to measure. They'd sink into the earth in seconds if not instantly.

What do you think these are?

901148-closeup-of-a-modern-airliner-jet-engine.jpg

or these

Hercules.propeller.details.jpg

or these

9.jpg

The top pic is a jet engine so that's a fan you can see not a propeller.

The top pic is a jet engine so that's a fan you can see not a propeller.

It's the same thing! A fan is a propeller.

Edited by Sooperstar

A Boy Named Crow

It's the same thing! A fan is a propeller.

Maybe, maybe not. The fan in a jet doesn't propel the plane, that happens with the combustion etc that goes in within the jet. I'm on dodgy ground here though, you might say it propels the air into the engine - but I've never bothered to find any of this out (in the spirit of the thread)

Again may be wrong here but in aviation I thought the difference was the fan draws air into the jet engine and a propeller moves the plane through stationary air

Again may be wrong here but in aviation I thought the difference was the fan draws air into the jet engine and a propeller moves the plane through stationary air

The jet engine still functions as a propellant. The aircraft isn't being hurled through the air via some kind of jedi mind trick.

However, given that the original poster was actually questioning whether airplanes had propellers, rather than jets, makes this current line of argument that we are embarking down redundant. Airplanes have propellers in the traditional sense, whereas jets use the engine-based means of propulsion.