Nintendo DS from America

bilstonjambo

Got a mate goin over to the states in april and was thinking about asking her to pick me up a Nintendo DS for the bairns birthday, thus saving myself a bit of cash.

Does anyone know if this will be ok when brought back to play games bought in the UK??

I think the DS is region free, but it is definitely worth confirming for sure - try the Nintendo website.

i know psp`s are region free, so i`d reckon the ds will be too. Got a psp in new york and it worked fine, all you`d prob need to do is get an adaptor for the charger.

Craig-Section Z

I bought one last year in Florida. Both the console and the games were a fait bit cheaper.

The only issue u will have is with the power supply as the plug is different. I just bought a normal everyday travel adaptor (US to UK) for attaching to the charger. I got this in a shop at the airport. Its meant for US toursists visiting the UK but does the job for me to :)

My friend got his son a Nintendo DS Lite from America for Xmas ... as long as you've got an adapter to plug it in/charge it, it works fine. They're region free

:thumb:

All of Nintendo's portable systems have been region free.

Your only problem is the power adaptor.

Spot on mate, my mum and dad brought one back in Oct for my wee laddies Chrimbo.

The DS works fine over here, but obviously if you buy in the states it comes with a US power adaptor.

Had to gate a UK adaptor from GAME. Sure it was about ?7 or something.

Patrick Bateman

I bought a DS in America and can confirm that it is region free.

However, wouldn't applying a UK adaptor to a US console fry it due to the difference in voltage? I have the American adaptor but don't own a converter.

Got a mate goin over to the states in april and was thinking about asking her to pick me up a Nintendo DS for the bairns birthday, thus saving myself a bit of cash.

Does anyone know if this will be ok when brought back to play games bought in the UK??

It works just the same mate.I was over in November and you could get a DS with 2 games one being the new Zelda for $149.95 at Gamestop.

If you are staying at a Villa you should register an account from that address with Amazon.com.

The DS games are half the price and the consoles themselves are dirt cheap.

The other things that are incredibly cheap over there are watches. At Amazon or even Walmart.

However, wouldn't applying a UK adaptor to a US console fry it due to the difference in voltage? I have the American adaptor but don't own a converter.

You could just get an adapter that plugs into the socket...cost ?4ish from any supermarket (or independet retailers).

Archived