'Bullied' Swindon ask for protection............really !

CJGJ

Shaun Taylor, Scott Leitch, Ross McLaren, Duncan Shearer,Iffy Onoura, Mike Summerbee, and .....OK Fitzroy Simpson, must be cringing.

SwindonJambo

Shaun Taylor, Scott Leitch, Ross McLaren, Duncan Shearer,Iffy Onoura, Mike Summerbee, and .....OK Fitzroy Simpson, must be cringing.

You've forgotten to add those artful gents Steve White, Jon Gittens & Chris Kamara :2thumbsup: . Neil Ruddock was there for a while too.

I once met Ross McLaren while he was still playing for 'Town and he told me he was a good Jambo and hid brother used to play for them (Stuart perhaps ?)

I too talked to Mr McLaren in my early days in Swindon. I remember Ruddock was working with the "Centre of Excellence" for a bit as my son played there for a few years. He was not impressed when I won an England "Bench Coat" in a raffle at the County Ground and put it back in to be re-raffled.

Carl Spackler

Through the looking glass.

In the old days when players were genuinely hurt they would pretend they weren't as that let the opposition know they had caused damage.

I'm not saying that doesn't still happen but a club now writing to a league to state they are being battered and its not fair? Shine a light.

Ruddock was working with the "Centre of Excellence" for a bit as my son played there for a few years. He was not impressed when I won an England "Bench Coat" in a raffle at the County Ground and put it back in to be re-raffled.

:lol:

Brave Hearts

You've forgotten to add those artful gents Steve White, Jon Gittens & Chris Kamara :2thumbsup: . Neil Ruddock was there for a while too.

I once met Ross McLaren while he was still playing for 'Town and he told me he was a good Jambo and hid brother used to play for them (Stuart perhaps ?)

Was Donald McLaren and was a free scoring centre forward. Played in same Balgreen primary team as him. Due to get first team outing and was on bench at January game at East Fife when Ormond bottled the decision to put him on as a sub. Went on to have a career in Australia.

The English Hibs?

I have mentioned it before , so sorry if getting boring but there was a "Swindon Hibs" sponsored by Duff back in the 90's in the Swindon District Premier League

SwindonJambo

I have mentioned it before , so sorry if getting boring but there was a "Swindon Hibs" sponsored by Duff back in the 90's in the Swindon District Premier League

I remember noticing the name in the Adver back in the 80s/90s and thinking it was an odd name. Was it the same (David) Duff who bought Hibs in 87/88, took them to the brink and ended up in the clink for fraud ?

SwindonJambo

The English Hibs?

Most certainly not :bucktooth: In the late 80s/early 90s I used to watch Swindon regularly(before it went all seater) and in 1990 they had a pre-season game against the Hibs, who put out a full strength team with Goram in goals and the lovely Mr Paul Kane, who tbf got both their goals with future Aberdeen player Duncan Shearer getting both of Swindon's in a decent 2-2 draw.

I met a Geordie in a Hearts top near the segregation fence and the natives asked me to teach them a Hearts song. Within 30 seconds most of Shrivenham Road were in full voice with a rousing rendition of "When the Hearts go marching in" with the 100 or so travelling Hibbies going mental. Old Bill waded into the crowd but I saw them coming and zipped up my jacket, kept my mouth shut and concealed all trace of being a Jambo or even a Scot and so avoided being lifted/ejected :bobby:

Archived