Soup

DG_HMFC

Lancashire_Lou

I've changed my stance. Feeling poorly & craving soup today! Have sent a friend out for Morrison's fresh Thai Chicken Soup. It's damn good.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redm

• DG_HMFC

• NotVincentGuerain

• Ray Gin

I usually only make Broth or lentil. Need to be more adventurous this winter... When I make it with a bit of beef have to hide it from him indoors dosnt Like it... Wierd.... Might try French onion on Sunday.. Hangover permitting......

Anyone got a decent recipe for a chinese-style chicken noodle soup? (NAE sweetcorn!).

Also any recipes that use sweet potatoes?

Otherwise I'll stick to the tried and tested that I always make.

recipe-image-legacy-id--1035613_10.jpg

Braw

http://www.bbcgoodfo...ken-noodle-soup

Just leave out the sweetcorn if you're not a fan.

Edited by Ray Gin

It started because I said I wasn't going to argue back...

Anybody who doubts this can have a week in central Madrid with free accommodation and chips and soup prepared by Gorgiewave to see her and me and us. My image makeover, if you will.

Garlic infused in, not eaten. The taste gets around.

Noted. Always fancied Madrid... ;)

Sounds good, shall give that a bash at some point. I'm a fan of anything if it comes with garlic.

Noted. Always fancied Madrid... ;)

Sounds good, shall give that a bash at some point. I'm a fan of anything if it comes with garlic.

I've being trying for a while to liquidise garlic, but without success. The closest I can get is to grate it but I think the water content must be low. I always have to add oil to make garlic sauces. Have you ever liquidised garlic?

I've also done that, BTW. Garilic through the blender then add oilve oil and bake in the oven. The taste is less subtle but it's not a bad option.

Made some lentil today, it's great stuff. I like a couple of the recipes posted on here so I may try some in the coming weeks - keep the recipes coming, folks!

NotVincentGuerain

what a brilliant thread. i love making soup, it's very satisfying.

celery soup

squash soup

carrot soup

lentil soup (these can easily be mixed up in anyway, and they love bacon)

leek and potato soup - a classic. (for special occasions, read heston blumenthal's recipe- to keep you focused)

the vegetable soup- everyone's best friend.

a good chicken soup- i have never mastered a "jewish penicillin" from recipes. as long as its got leeks, garlic, barley, and good stock, cabbage, and carrots.

minestrone- doddle, cheap,

failed soups> oxtail, french onion.

fish soup seems too unusual for me, and im not sure about peppers in a soup. i will have to try.

Edited by NotVincentGuerain

Got the Morphy Richards soup maker and it is awesome. Just done a carrot and coriander soup last night and it was good. If anyone want to share recipes for it that would be great.

how was it (i get put off with "fry onions for ages",i'm too impatient)

. It was nice. I didn't fry the onions long enough. So it wasn't brown....

spicy chickpea for me at the w/end, superb, saute an onion and 2 cloves garlic in olive oil,when soft add 2 tsps cumin powder, 2 cans chickpeas, 2 pints chicken stock, season and simmer for 15 mins then add a 30 g packet of coriander, splash lemon juice and some tabasca sauce and blitz, voila, soups done :2thumbsup:

spicy chickpea for me at the w/end, superb, saute an onion and 2 cloves garlic in olive oil,when soft add 2 tsps cumin powder, 2 cans chickpeas, 2 pints chicken stock, season and simmer for 15 mins then add a 30 g packet of coriander, splash lemon juice and some tabasca sauce and blitz, voila, soups done :2thumbsup:

Add some chorizo and I'm in.

Say What Again

no sure chorizo would go with it TBH

I've had chorizo and chickpea soup a few times in Spain, but yeah, reading your recipe again it's more of an Indian dish. The Spanish chorizo/chickpea soup is made with tomatoes.

Well worth a try though :)

The mother-in-law does a cracker soup made with ox kidneys from the butchers. We always get it on New Year's Day, great hangover cure.

I've had chorizo and chickpea soup a few times in Spain, but yeah, reading your recipe again it's more of an Indian dish. The Spanish chorizo/chickpea soup is made with tomatoes.

Well worth a try though :)

sounds braw, will have to try the bbc site, see if there's a recipe

NotVincentGuerain

. It was nice. I didn't fry the onions long enough. So it wasn't brown....

that is exactly what happens to me.( i usually add soya sauce to make it look like the photos) i dunno what the french do.

NotVincentGuerain

i'm going to make a healthy soup before the st mirren match.

carrots, onions, leeks, garlic, cabbage, broccoli, turkey, barley and chicken stock.

i've had a cough and aches for days. (also tyrozets, and cough mixture from tesco, but not in the soup)

Winter Veg.

Leek, carrot, Swede, Savoy cabbage.

If I add swede/turnip I always use white pepper instead of black, delicious

Need to try a few. Pity him indoors so fussy in what he eats. i dont like it dosnt mean he has ever tasted it...

Need to try a few. Pity him indoors so fussy in what he eats. i dont like it dosnt mean he has ever tasted it...

Try feeding him when he's outdoors. Might make a difference.

Downloaded it twice and cant find it. Any 5 year olds advise me where it could have gone...?

Probably been in your download folder. You can right click the link and select "save link as" save it to desktop to you know where it is.

NotVincentGuerain

i was in lidl's today. i realiised that when i say "ham hough" out loud, i sound almost exactly like a Klingon.

Edited by NotVincentGuerain

• 2 weeks later...

Stuffed with the cold so decided it was high time I dragged this thread back to the top and found myself a new recipe to try this week.

I made the red pepper and chorizo soup the other week by the way and it was brilliant.

Added a kick of cayenne because I can't help myself, reckon it was a good move though.

Soup bible downloading - thanks to My Left Nut for that :thumbsup:

This week's soup is probably going to have to be either my own version of chicken broth or the mushroom and herb potage from the soup bible.

Anyone tried the recipes from the bible thingy yet?