Watches

jack D and coke

Are Hamilton watches any good.Quite like the looks of the Khaki Field King one on that Swiss site posted on this thread or would I be best with Tissot.40th is in April and wife has told me the price range of up to ?750.

a4abyjy2.jpg

Edited by vegas-voss

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Victorian

• Sten Guns

• cosanostra

• Tazio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are Hamilton watches any good.Quite like the looks of the Khaki Field King one on that Swiss site posted on this thread or would I be best with Tissot.40th is in April and wife has told me the price range of up to ?750.

a4abyjy2.jpg

At that price range, Hamilton and Tissot are very good options and the Khaki is a well known watch. Both owned by the Swatch group (who also own Omega) so both brands should be comparable. They both make good quality watches that will last.

jack D and coke

a4abyjy2.jpg

You don't mean that hooky site do you??

Anyone heard of ferretti watches. A lot of the jewellers were selling them when iwas on holiday. A few nice looking watches and they were quite pricey

kingantti1874

Any idea about Cancun?

Going there...... :lol:

I do actually... Prices are pretty good... Saw a Raymond well in cancun airport a few years ago.. Regretted not buying it..

I've been considering one for quite some time now.

I'm not sure if they allow them to be sold in the UK Taz.

It was Rolex only for the UK although that may have changed.

I'm not sure if they allow them to be sold in the UK Taz.

It was Rolex only for the UK although that may have changed.

I'd be looking for a classic 50's or 60's one so there are quite a few resellers that have them.

I'd be looking for a classic 50's or 60's one so there are quite a few resellers that have them.

If you find a good shop or site Tazio, i'd appreciate a heads up.

Cheers

I take it this doesn't include Dubai airport?

The watches in airport were more expensive than I could find online right now.

I found the airport to be pretty good, about 30-40% off RRP, without the daft haggling you need to do in the soulks. Agree with the other point of buying from a AD as without that the warranty is invalid

I found the airport to be pretty good, about 30-40% off RRP, without the daft haggling you need to do in the soulks. Agree with the other point of buying from a AD as without that the warranty is invalid

I found Dubai airport to be the same as the airports here. Not much difference. Maybe ?300 on a 2 grand watch which is about the same as buying it online.

Guest GhostHunter

If I buy another good watch I'd be after a classic, and these guys seem good with reasonable prices.

http://www.vintage-w...-collection.com

A reverse ip lookup on that domain throws up some shady returns...in fact 817 of them...

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search/?q=vintage-watches-collection.com

Wouldn't trust the site Taz, sorry...been stung before by watch websites, so am ultra careful

I found Dubai airport to be the same as the airports here. Not much difference. Maybe ?300 on a 2 grand watch which is about the same as buying it online.

The only time I bought a watch from the airport it saved me about 60%, it was a Rado that was just over 3 grand here. Shopping around in the city and I could get it for ?1900, I decided to leave it and when I was flying back I got it for ?1600. That was over 5 years ago. Loads if good bargains to be had online these days.

This is a good website http://www.dolezno.co.uk

Edited by super_vlad

The only time I bought a watch from the airport it saved me about 60%, it was a Rado that was just over 3 grand here. Shopping around in the city and I could get it for ?1900, I decided to leave it and when I was flying back I got it for ?1600. That was over 5 years ago. Loads if good bargains to be had online these days.

This is a good website http://www.dolezno.co.uk

Not much of a selection but some nice stuff.

A reverse ip lookup on that domain throws up some shady returns...in fact 817 of them...

http://reverseip.dom...-collection.com

Wouldn't trust the site Taz, sorry...been stung before by watch websites, so am ultra careful

Interesting. Shows how easily you can be fooled by a slick website. Though to be honest I wouldn't buy a watch online without viewing it in person first and one of the good things about that site is that you can collect in person and pay at the time of collection.

For those JKBers that enjoy watches but are on a tighter budget ? you can get these Seiko automatic watches for ?45 on amazon.co.uk.

This truly is a steal and I would recommend it for anyone who has previously only used quartz (battery powered watches where the second hand ?ticks?, rather than ?sweeps?). That would like an easy introduction into the world of the automatic watch (powered by the movement of the watch, rather than a battery - in pretty simplistic terms)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006CHML4I/ref=dra_a_cs_lb_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21

Cheers, had my watch stolen when travelling and like my fakey auto from vietnam so just ordered one of them. It'll do til I can enter the big boys league on here.

Captain Sausage

For those JKBers that enjoy watches but are on a tighter budget ? you can get these Seiko automatic watches for ?45 on amazon.co.uk.

This truly is a steal and I would recommend it for anyone who has previously only used quartz (battery powered watches where the second hand ?ticks?, rather than ?sweeps?). That would like an easy introduction into the world of the automatic watch (powered by the movement of the watch, rather than a battery - in pretty simplistic terms)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006CHML4I/ref=dra_a_cs_lb_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21

Been looking for a decent watch for site. This'll do the trick nicely!

Cheers.

Been looking for a decent watch for site. This'll do the trick nicely!

Cheers.

You go for the blue? I went for the beige one with a change of strap in mind.

Guest GhostHunter

Nice Sten - the strap's maybe not my cup of tea though...

I'm looking for a black faced watch with a leather strap, but the strap has to be the button clasp type...it's proving to be a struggle...

Nice Sten - the strap's maybe not my cup of tea though...

I'm looking for a black faced watch with a leather strap, but the strap has to be the button clasp type...it's proving to be a struggle...

It is called a deployment clasp. They are readily available for fairly cheap. You can add them to most straps.

Is this the sort of thing you are after?

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/men/dress/c3mk2/c3sck-mk2.html

That is a nice looking watch, Sten. I am warming to those mesh metal straps...

Actually warming to this now.

breitling-superocean-heritage-46-watch.jpg

Captain Sausage

You go for the blue? I went for the beige one with a change of strap in mind.

The site I'm at requires any watch to be able to rip off so the pishy strap will work well. I quite liked the blue face so might Change the strap to a bracelet when I move away.

The site I'm at requires any watch to be able to rip off so the pishy strap will work well. I quite liked the blue face so might Change the strap to a bracelet when I move away.

Nice choice. I like the straps on the others but the beige one is a bit grim but I liked the face so will switch it to a brown I think.

Arrived today, very impressed so far.

Captain Sausage

Nice choice. I like the straps on the others but the beige one is a bit grim but I liked the face so will switch it to a brown I think.

Arrived today, very impressed so far.

Getting a brown leather strap? Any chance you could post a pic when it gets done? Might be persuaded to get one of them too!

When I got my sign on bonus for my first job out of uni, I bought a 55mm TW Steel rose gold watch. And was then ridiculed by everyone. That thing makes even the biggest watch look tiny!

Getting a brown leather strap? Any chance you could post a pic when it gets done? Might be persuaded to get one of them too!

When I got my sign on bonus for my first job out of uni, I bought a 55mm TW Steel rose gold watch. And was then ridiculed by everyone. That thing makes even the biggest watch look tiny!

Yeh that's my plan, I'll probably not get it done this week but when I do I'll stick a photo up.

My plan was a nice watch with my sign on bonus too...still job searching though haha!!

Rudolf's Mate

Bingo. Fashion watches are absolute dire.

Both you and Tazio have hit the nail on the head.

My mate is a manager in one of the Hugo Boss shops and gets me a cracking discount. I asked him to give me a price on a nice watch I'd had my eye on and he told me not to bother as they're made by another company and branded Boss.

The Mrs bought me a Tissot 8 years ago and I'd buy them again. I wear it every day (nearly) and its in great condition. Lovely watches.

Edited by Rudolf's Mate

That's a nice watch, unusual strap too, which definitely appeals.

You can buy those straps quite easily - they do look good.

A different strap can totally change the look of a watch which is good if you need to freshen one up.

You can buy those straps quite easily - they do look good.

A different strap can totally change the look of a watch which is good if you need to freshen one up.

Sounds like a good plan, cheers for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Aye typical. I disappear for 5 minutes and you go and have a really good watch thread.

I've been buying, selling and flipping for ages but have now gravitated to a Breitling Superocean II Abyss on the high polish professional bracelet ( blue chapter ring ). Seriously, if you can afford a brand new Breitling or if you can be patient enough to save up the cash then look no further. By far the highest quality watch I've ever owned... and I've gone through a good few.

stacks_image_487.jpg

jack D and coke
Aye typical. I disappear for 5 minutes and you go and have a really good watch thread.

I've been buying, selling and flipping for ages but have now gravitated to a Breitling Superocean II Abyss on the high polish professional bracelet ( blue chapter ring ). Seriously, if you can afford a brand new Breitling or if you can be patient enough to save up the cash then look no further. By far the highest quality watch I've ever owned... and I've gone through a good few.

stacks_image_487.jpg

How much is that bad boy?

stacks_image_487.jpg

Annoyingly, I prefer the face of the superocean heritage and the strap of that one.

Annoyingly, I prefer the face of the superocean heritage and the strap of that one.

With most Breitling models you can chose the case type, face colour and bracelet separately. Not sure if you can mix the different model bracelets though.

How much is that bad boy?

RRP for that Superocean 44, with steel bracelet is ?2,760.

I just happen to have a 2012/2013 price list in the house.

Edited by Hugh Phamism

RRP for that Superocean 44, with steel bracelet is ?2,760.

Sorry, the Superocean 42 with blue dial and steel bracelet us RRP is ?2,760 and the Superocean 44 is RRP ?3,060.

stacks_image_487.jpg

That's nice. 42mm?

How many watches do you keep at the one time?

Ever delve into vintage?

Jimmy McNulty

If I had a Brietling I would wear it all the time. Am loving some of the watches posted here.

When I bought my TAG Heuer Aquaracer I liked the sleek design and the price. And the fact that some of the larger watches looked really stupid on my skinny little wrist :)

But I have been wearing the thing nearly 24/7 for the last 7 years.

Regret not seriously looking at a Breitling when I was in Vegas a few weeks ago. Prices looked reasonable.

Guest GhostHunter

Just back from a stretch at Her Majesty's Pleasure.

NAP.