Oil Painting

JohnB

No not me!

Saw this for sale at Shapes Saleroom Sighthill on Saturday 7th. Lot 884

Frank Manclark SLM ARR

`1998 Scottish Cup Winners, Returning to Gorgie`

Oil on canvas, signed bottom left, featuring John Robertson, Jim Jeffries, Stephan Adam, Wayne Foster, Alex Salmond, Ken Scott and Stephen Hendry, 38 x 47cm

Estimate:

?70 - ?100

884-2013830144818_468x382.jpg

Horatio Caine

Interesting... But why did they get the narrowest bus in the fleet for the occasion?

I suppose it's a good memento to have but in all honesty, it's not very well painted.

Auldreekie1874

Is that Bruce Forsyth in the bottom left of the picture? :)

Yes,

He greeted each player as they got off the bus with

"Good Game Good Game"

:runaway:

I Am surprised to see Stephen Hendry was staying in the flat above the Tynecastle Arms in 1998 and it looks like he is waving his cue out the window.

Is the bus not going the wrong way and why are there so few supporters?

yip it is going the wrong way for sure the bus came along Gogie Road from the other direction, the team bus did come in from that direction but it was not a double decker.

I Am surprised to see Stephen Hendry was staying in the flat above the Tynecastle Arms in 1998 and it looks like he is waving his cue out the window.

i thought that was a pitchfork and it was a former uk prime minister screaming bombscare

Pi**ed and sh@t the couch after reading that. Nice one

No not me!

Frank Manclark SLM ARR

Oil on canvas, signed bottom left, featuring John Robertson, Jim Jeffries, Stephan Adam, Wayne Foster, Alex Salmond, Ken Scott and Stephen Hendry, 38 x 47cm

Estimate:

?70 - ?100

Awful.

what is the Hibs one like?

There is a hibs one, but its for their wee cup win and there is a hearts badge in one of the flat windows

Clearly not painted by a Hearts Fan. The mascot, direction of the bus and lack of fans are all things that jump out. What a load of shite.

Is that maybe supposed to be a surprisingly slimmed down version of Alex Salmond in the forefront of the picture giving the victory sign?

Is that maybe supposed to be a surprisingly slimmed down version of Alex Salmond in the forefront of the picture giving the victory sign?

i thought it was Churchill for some reason

churchill_v_sign_hu_55521.jpg

:phface:

Utter shit tbh, what's with the open top double decker tram?

Maybe this is a picture from the future??

No not me!

Frank Manclark SLM ARR

Estimate:

?70 - ?100

the guy in the shades looks like tom cruise aka top gun

No not me!

Frank Manclark SLM ARR

Estimate:

?70 - ?100

the bloke standing outside the Tyne arms looks like he has the bear suit on from the Rainbow Bear minus the head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHs-kLhjx0

Howlin' Mad Murdock of A-Team fame, front centre!? with the brown leather jacket and cap.

Its getting more and more bizare the bloke standing next to Mad Murdoch is a dead ringer for Craig Beatie and he is even doing the hand movement to mimic the great one after he scored the pen.

No not me!

Frank Manclark SLM ARR

Estimate:

?70 - ?100

guy bottom right in maroon top looks like clum

Is that our First Minister in front of the bus?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Hagar the Horrible

Is the Hibs one a cave painting?

guys being a bit harsh on the critique, oil is very hard to do on this type of subject, a good effort, I would not buy it, might get a print though?

broughies tach

I'm no Brian Sewell but that is truly awful. Painted by Frank Manclark aka "The LEITH artist" says it all really.

Hagar the Horrible

I'm no Brian Sewell but that is truly awful. Painted by Frank Manclark aka "The LEITH artist" says it all really.

None of us are Brian Sewells,(the guys a plum) all paintings are subject to interpretation, I don't like nor appreciate Picasso but others do so, because I don't get any passion coming across in his work, this however is what it is, it's a bit cartoony for my liking, but others do like this sort of thing, I am not a fan of Lowry either but he has captured something of the world he lives in, whereas I am not from the industrial heartland of englandshire.

Its not as though it one of those award winning cartoons from Czechoslovakia, I mean good god, how bad were the ones that came runner up? The artist would have enjoyed painting it, and some might enjoy looking at it.

marshallschunkychicken

Somebody needs to photoshop the old boy from the famous Neil Lennon pic onto this :-).

I saw that boy in the Wheatfield for the Aberdeen game. Took me ages to work out where I knew him from.

Just thinking about that picture but with jkb smilies has me creasing.

An all-time-classic.

artistic licence the wee boy in the front looks like my son at about ten but that's impossible as he was 26 in 1998

25!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Say What Again

Just thinking about that picture but with jkb smilies has me creasing.

An all-time-classic.

Simply majestic.

lennon14jkbgeezers.jpg

Archived