***Raith V Hearts Official Match Thread***

Masonic

Raith Rovers striker Greig Spence is a major doubt for his side's clash with Hearts at Stark's Park as he is still feeling the effects of a thigh strain.

Midfielder Liam Fox is expected to face the Premiership side after missing Saturday's goalless draw with Dundee due to a leg knock.

Hearts midfielder Jamie Hamill is expected to recover from a calf injury picked up in a 2-1 win over Aberdeen.

Danny Wilson and Kevin McHattie can play despite pending suspensions.

Wilson has been banned for one game after being red-carded after the final whistle against the Dons, while fellow defender McHattie was sent off during the game.

Hearts have appealed against the McHattie decision, but any suspension for both players only applies to league games.

Raith Rovers manager Grant Murray : "Having Hearts at home in a cup tie is a big game in any player's career.

"You don't get many games like this in your career and I want our players to enjoy it and make it memorable by putting on a terrific display."

Hearts manager Gary Locke : "We got to the final of it last year and it was a fantastic occasion.

"So, of course it is an important competition.

"Financially as well, if you can progress in the cup, it means money to the club and we know how important that is.

"But, with the size of the squad, it's not ideal.

"I don't know when the club will come out of administration. We might have to go the whole season with the squad we've got at the moment.

"But we'll certainly be tested to the limit as we don't have large numbers."

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Great Khali

Working night shift for this, gutted, more money to spend in Inverness on Saturday though I suppose.

0-2 mon the hearts.

Getintaethem

I'm heading over for this one, I have a feeling we may see extra time. C'mon Hearts, get intae these linoleum rolling b***ards!!

2-2, Hearts win on penalties

Got to keep up the heart palpitations that we've experienced in the last three games

Scott_HMFC1874

2-0 Hearts I reckon. Will be tough going but we'll scrape through with a couple of late goals!

What's the estimate on numbers for our support? 4 of us making the trip up, hoping for a decent crowd.

We should win

But fate (or the ref) will dictate that we have extra time - small squad, long away trip next.

Yep, extra time, then probably lose on pens so that all that extra effort was for SFA

Should win? WTF. Why do people continue to say this shit.

We are an under 21s team with just as much right to win as Raith.

We struggle almost every year at this stage in this cup.

1 nil Raith.

I'll not be disappointed to lose tonight, although plenty happy if we do win. Our priority 1 should be SPFL survival and given the size of our squad and current signing embargo, the less games we play outside of the SPFL the better.

I'm heading over for this one, I have a feeling we may see extra time. C'mon Hearts, get intae these linoleum rolling b***ards!!

Haha - reminds me of the Billy Connolly joke - "a rolling in the only one - ah feck it gies a carpet"

Anyway - I think we'll win one-nil !

I agree with the poster above re:small squad and priority #1 being the league but revenue is (sadly) our ONLY priiority.

gerri atrick

Just found out I don't have to work late tonight :) no time to go to Tynecastle for a ticket, is it pay at gate by any chance?

The Porcupine

Greig Spence is a knob. Played 7's with him once

Anyway, my team:

Ridgers

McGhee McGowan McKay Hamill

Tapping Robinson

Walker Holt B.Bing

Paterson

Win 0-2

Getintaethem

We beat them 5-0 per season but I think the scoreline flattered us a bit, if we play like we did in spells against Aberdeen we'll get through ok.

BRAVEHEART1874

Concessions for job seekers wtf how the unemployed can afford tae go to football games is beyond me are they looking for a job like ? mind you it is Kirkcaldy ;)

Ricardo Quaresma

It was 5-0

Yep; forgot about pre-season friendly & reverted to the result before that

I was going until 5 minutes ago when I checked my account. Payments to the offy and bars over the weekend that I can't remember are just coming off... Skinto. FFS!

any idea how many of us are going through?

should be a decent crowd.theres a lot of local jambos .

or maybe not us local jambos might be to busy rolling linoleum. Ha ha

Is there anywhere decent and/or going to be full of jambos for a pre-game pint in Kirkcaldy?

Is there anywhere decent and/or going to be full of jambos for a pre-game pint in Kirkcaldy?

Away fans usually head to The Abbey. That's where all my Pars supporting mates go before they play the Rovers anyway.

Me plus 5 will be there tonight. Abbey and the match.

Away fans usually head to The Abbey. That's where all my Pars supporting mates go before they play the Rovers anyway.

Me plus 5 will be there tonight. Abbey and the match.

Cheers, may well see you there!

Last minute work <ahem> "delegating", and the fact there's a cash gate, means I will be able to get to Starks after all! Will be heading up with my daughter and her bf. Wheres the best place to park?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Should win? WTF. Why do people continue to say this shit.

We are an under 21s team with just as much right to win as Raith.

We struggle almost every year at this stage in this cup.

1 nil Raith.

Whilst I agree that "should" is not the right word, I fail to understand your lack of faith or optimism.

The reason people are confident, is our excellent record so far this season... What's your boring pessimism based on? Depression as far as I can make out.

As for our LC record, we reached the final last season with a team that was suffering from monumentally worse form.

Slightly off topic, but is there ample parking at the ground ?

Always been able to find a spot close to the ground when I have been. Should be fine.

Archived