Kiwidoug

Due to a whole lot of blah in some newspaper article, failure.net is suggesting we are guilty of homophobia due to our celebration of certain personal preferences down at Lochend.

Can't make head nor tail of it myself.

I always thought our endorsement of this sort of thing was considerate and honest.

Certainly not designed to offend.

Tony Soprano

Hibs fans pointing the finger at another group of supporters for offensive songs hahaha. Those losers sing the most vile songs in Scottish football (ok, apart from celtic)

Personally I think the Gay and Lesbian community get enough grief without having to put up with people trying to associate them with Hibs

Bowmans_Boot

To be honest, singing this is far worse than Hello Hello yet people get far worked up about that one.

To be honest, singing this is far worse than Hello Hello yet people get far worked up about that one.

Quality post and I feel sory for the gay comunity being associated with the trash from Lochend

No it isn't.

Singing about being up to your knees in .... blood is considerably worse.

Of course, the hypocrisy from those tramps is unbelievable. They must think that singing about paedophiles to the tune of Piano Man is ok or what about their Wallace Mercer song....

Tony Soprano

I suppose it's the word choice you use when singing it. I would never sing "f****** blood" so always make sure I shout HIBEE BLOOD. Although recently I've stopped singing it all together because if your picked out singing hello hello I doubt the police would believe you were singing "HIBEE blood". Not a risk worth taking any more, which is a shame

Why shouldn't hearts fans sing about the Hibbees being happy? Clearly Jambos find it astonishing, that shouldn't be a surprise...

mahgrassyshoes

I suppose it's the word choice you use when singing it. I would never sing "f****** blood" so always make sure I shout HIBEE BLOOD. Although recently I've stopped singing it all together because if your picked out singing hello hello I doubt the police would believe you were singing "HIBEE blood". Not a risk worth taking any more, which is a shame

Why is it acceptable to be up to knees in any kind of blood?

Tony Soprano

Calm down its only a song, I very much doubt anybody would. As long as it's not racist or sectarian then it's fine by me. 'HIBEE blood' is hardly offensive, it's just a football song ffs

Bowmans_Boot

Yeah, being up to your knees in hibee blood is totally acceptable thing to sing.

We aren't saying there is anything wrong with it though, merely staring that they are.

Whoever perceives this to be negative are the ones with the problems.

That's my story and I'm stocking to it : )

fabienleclerq

Yeah, being up to your knees in hibee blood is totally acceptable thing to sing.

Correct.

I'm completely against any songs of a bigoted/sectarian/racist nature. As far as I'm concerned, pretty much all other songs are fine.

Whilst we need to get rid of some songs, lets not try to sanitise football too much, eh?

Singing 'the hibees are gay' is patently wrong. As if being gay is something to be ridiculed! Grow up FFS.

Here's a thought, perhaps this kind of vile, inane hatred may have something to do with dwindling interest in football in this country. Scottish football could be a far more popular choice of entertainment and pass-time if a contingent of the population didn't use matches as some sort of pseudo therapy session to get all the sh*t out their heads.

Tony Soprano

Like I said, it's a football song. There's hundreds of worse songs than hibee blood. If you honestly take it seriously then a football ground probably isn't the best place you could be spending your saturday afternoons.

Tony Soprano

I'm completely against any songs of a bigoted/sectarian/racist nature. As far as I'm concerned, pretty much all other songs are fine.

Whilst we need to get rid of some songs, lets not try to sanitise football too much, eh?

100% spot on.

Singing 'the hibees are gay' is patently wrong. As if being gay is something to be ridiculed! Grow up FFS.

Here's a thought, perhaps this kind of vile, inane hatred may have something to do with dwindling interest in football in this country. Scottish football could be a far more popular choice of entertainment and pass-time if a contingent of the population didn't use matches as some sort of pseudo therapy session to get all the sh*t out their heads.

Just doesn't get it.

The Treasurer

Singing "the h*****s are gay" is on a par with singing that the dons fans are "sheep sh****g b*****ds". They just laugh it off as aharmless opposition wind up. Says everything about the h1b5 fans if they are offended by a wee football ditty if you ask me.

Gregory House M.D.

The games going soft. Not long now until the police have you sitting in silence like a bunch of happy clappers afraid to sing in fear of being ejected. :facepalm:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Much better to celebrate the death of a cancer victim infront of his grieving family.

Gregory House M.D.

By the way, surely if someone finds being called gay offensive then they are the homophobe, no?

If its hibee blood then its fine. 99.98% of their support would be better off being put out of their misery. However, to anyone thinking about being up to their knees in hivee (5-1,0-7) blood then I recommend getting yourself checked afterwards.

but why is one fine and not the other?

"I'm going to kill you because you are a catholic"

"I'm going to kill you because you support Hibs"

Both seem equally offensive to me.

Scottish football could be a far more popular choice of entertainment and pass-time if a contingent of the population didn't use matches as some sort of pseudo therapy session to get all the sh*t out their heads.

but that's exactly what I use it for! :bomb2:

Son Of Anarchy

Can we sing "oh the hibees love incest but only with their sister or mother as anything else is ga'ay?"

Poor wee souls.

Gorgie_Rules

Anyone got a link to the article that (i believe) the song originated from? Think the headline was 'Gay hibs fans hit back of net', and was it real?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

You would think they would prefer to be called "Gay" rather than "Shite".

You'll never work out a Hibee, don't even try.

Pretty sure the gay chanting started after headlines about a newly formed "gay hibs supporters club".

As I remember this turned out to be the excellent work of a Jambo. Can anyone confirm???

For my money, this was/is a classic wind up. No real harm done, everyone's still breathing.

It's football ffs, part of your role as a supporter is to wind up the opposition.

If you don't like it, I believe rugby has quite a few teams in Edinburgh. Jog on.

Oh the Hibees are gay has to be the very worst song in football!

I mean what have Hibs fans got to be happy about?

Barney Rubble

Pretty sure the gay chanting started after headlines about a newly formed "gay hibs supporters club".

As I remember this turned out to be the excellent work of a Jambo. Can anyone confirm???

For my money, this was/is a classic wind up. No real harm done, everyone's still breathing.

It's football ffs, part of your role as a supporter is to wind up the opposition.

If you don't like it, I believe rugby has quite a few teams in Edinburgh. Jog on.

:spoton:

Anyone got a link to the article that (i believe) the song originated from? Think the headline was 'Gay hibs fans hit back of net', and was it real?

MwAZd4G.jpg

It's not going to stop until the person behind you loudly tuts "SSSSH" if you dare whisper something during the match.

Football is ****ed.

Boaby Prentice

Personally I think the Gay and Lesbian community get enough grief without having to put up with people trying to associate them with Hibs

This

Gene Parmesan

The song's time and come and gone, to be fair. Not heard it in ages.

Did I just imagine Hibs singing "Paul Hartley is gay" with some relish in 2006 and 2007 though?

Gene Parmesan

I tend to think the opposite is true tbh. If it was easier to rock up to a game, get to stand with your pals, sing daft songs, have a laugh and not have to worry that you were going to be lifted for it, then I think we'd see attendances flying up again.

Like BH above, racism, sectarianism etc is out of line in my book, but football needs the hate.

Franklin Delano Bluth

The song's time and come and gone, to be fair. Not heard it in ages.

Did I just imagine Hibs singing "Paul Hartley is gay" with some relish in 2006 and 2007 though?

Along with 'Vladmir Romanov! He sucks Paul Hartley off!' being belted out. Can't have it both ways, you vermin scum.

The games going soft. Not long now until the police have you sitting in silence like a bunch of happy clappers afraid to sing in fear of being ejected. :facepalm:

I assume from your comments that you have not had the pleasure of attending a Hearts game at Celtic Park in the last 10-15 years then?

Anyway with all this jibber jabber (phnar phnar) I propose to raise the stakes a bit with a "rainbow flag"........................................and debate

...a bit disco

Can't recall our lot being up in arms about that whole Rudi loves Paul nonsense?

Just doesn't get it.

He's got a point though. My mate gave up his season ticket in part because he found the homophobic chants a bit too much to take.

I'm sure for most that it's meant only as banter but it portrays an underlying prejudice and if you're not willing to temper your behaviour when it's called out by those it's targeting then any excuse flies out of the window.

Gay doesn't always mean homosexual these days anyway. It has a much more general meaning without any specific sexuality context required.

My mates tell me I'm gay all the time. Even the homosexual ones. :laugh:

Can't recall our lot being up in arms about that whole Rudi loves Paul nonsense?

If anything, Tynecastle embraces the notion of man love. We're progressive in that respect.

:biggrin:

...a bit disco

If anything, Tynecastle embraces the notion of man love. We're progressive in that respect.

:biggrin:

:lol:

Archived