Girlfriends = ?

scott_jambo

When you are "seeing" a girl/borderline girlfriend..have you ever thought about breaking it off from a purely monetary angle?

There is a girl I really like, but I have recently went to working part time while doing a full-time masters course. I don't have much disposable income as my course is about ?7,000 over the course of the year, so all my money goes on bills and the course.

Cinema the other night, ?9.30 for a standard non-ticket. Not shitting you btw. Obviously trying to impress the girl so didn't want to be the scaff that sneaks midget gems into the cinema so I thought, OK standard Popcorn and Coke. Will prob be around ?4....nope near enough ?8.

Our cheap "quiet night in/out" to the cinema plus travel came to about ?30, all paid for by me. She insisted on paying for stuff, but I thought I'll get this one out the way and maybe she'll go halfies or at least buy the popcorn on the next cinema date, which will prob be about 7-10 days time as there are some good films out the now/early Sept.

I really need to focus and save my money. I might have to end it purely because of lack of funds to do standard run-of-the-mill stuff. I bet the babyboomers never had this problem when they were going mad on easy credit - you selfish ****s may have cost me my chance at love.

Chris Benoit

How long you been seeing her? Might just have to bite the bullet and explain the situation to her.if she takes issue with it it wasn't meant to be.

How long you been seeing her? Might just have to bite the bullet and explain the situation to her.if she takes issue with it it wasn't meant to be.

About 6-7 dates and we hang out together/get along well. Not awkward sit down dates.

Still think there is going to be too much costs. I can't be that guy that doesn't pay for anything+I really enjoy going to shows/films etc... rather than sitting in the house, that wouldn't work.

Matthew Le Tissier

Just tell her your situation. If she gets narky get the boot tae feck

Dagger Is Back

When you are "seeing" a girl/borderline girlfriend..have you ever thought about breaking it off from a purely monetary angle?

There is a girl I really like, but I have recently went to working part time while doing a full-time masters course. I don't have much disposable income as my course is about ?7,000 over the course of the year, so all my money goes on bills and the course.

Cinema the other night, ?9.30 for a standard non-ticket. Not shitting you btw. Obviously trying to impress the girl so didn't want to be the scaff that sneaks midget gems into the cinema so I thought, OK standard Popcorn and Coke. Will prob be around ?4....nope near enough ?8.

Our cheap "quiet night in/out" to the cinema plus travel came to about ?30, all paid for by me. She insisted on paying for stuff, but I thought I'll get this one out the way and maybe she'll go halfies or at least buy the popcorn on the next cinema date, which will prob be about 7-10 days time as there are some good films out the now/early Sept.

I really need to focus and save my money. I might have to end it purely because of lack of funds to do standard run-of-the-mill stuff. I bet the babyboomers never had this problem when they were going mad on easy credit - you selfish ****s may have cost me my chance at love.

Christ mate wait until you've got a non working wife and two kids!

Chris Benoit

About 6-7 dates and we hang out together/get along well. Not awkward sit down dates.

Then just be honest tell her how important the course is to you but it means you'll not be able to be much of a big spender. If she's as sound as you think she is there shouldn't be an issue. Best case you'll end up a kept man :lol:

The prices for snacks in the cinema are ludicrous. You could whap out a bag or two of sweets when your seated and just make a joke about the cinemas prices to her. I'm sure she will understand. Especially if shes a student herself?

The prices for snacks in the cinema are ludicrous. You could whap out a bag or two of sweets when your seated and just make a joke about the cinemas prices to her. I'm sure she will understand. Especially if shes a student herself?

She works full-time but not in that high-paid a position

I'm right in the middle of my 20s, she is 31. I worked in quite a decent paid job but now has just recently went part/time..

Tommy Wiseau

Just do what I do and don't have a girlfriend. All your money gets spent on the person who matters most B)

forever_alone_by_rober_raik-d4clvo4.png

Dagger Is Back

Better still, invite her over and start with a romantic back and neck massage. Run her a hot soapy bath and serve her with a glass of chilled wine and some chocolate. Warm her favourite fluffy dressing own over the radiator and serve her with more win and your very own romantic meal, cooked by your own fair hand.........

Sorry getting a little carried away there

She works full-time but not in that high-paid a position

I'm right in the middle of my 20s, she is 31. I worked in quite a decent paid job but now has just recently went part/time..

Cannae beat a bit of MILF, 31 year olds go like the clappers. Always remember the **** pack.

Explain your situation and if she's worth a damn she'll be cool. If not then no great loss.

What's your masters in?

Just do what I do and don't have a girlfriend. All your money gets spent on the person who matters most B)

forever_alone_by_rober_raik-d4clvo4.png

Haha.

It's at that stage where in the next couple of months I'll need to make that decision, and to be honest its not just monetary cost, it is also very time-consuming. When you meet a burd you can't just meet them for an hour on a Sat night then go back to the books or gym or something non ???. It is all of Sat night, Sun morning sometimes Sun afternoon and they get pissed if you leave. :cornette: Can't stand that.

Explain your situation and if she's worth a damn she'll be cool. If not then no great loss.

What's your masters in?

Msc Research Analysis.

SPSS'd/minitab'd oot ma nut. :bomb2:

Kalamazoo Jambo

Glad you're looking after Rudi while he's in between clubs :thumbsup:

Msc Research Analysis.

SPSS'd/minitab'd oot ma nut. :bomb2:

I had to learn a bit about SPSS when writing my 2nd dissertation. Absolutely brutal.

I had to get some help from a random poster on here called Complete Idiot. He doesn't post any more but he was a goddam genius at SPSS and research. I think he was a Dr of stats or something.

Tommy Wiseau

Glad you're looking after Rudi while he's in between clubs :thumbsup:

Fine, but I'm at least in my own top ten :sob:

I had to learn a bit about SPSS when writing my 2nd dissertation. Absolutely brutal.

I had to get some help from a random poster on here called Complete Idiot. He doesn't post any more but he was a goddam genius at SPSS and research. I think he was a Dr of stats or something.

Hopefully he returns at some point!

Don't worry the SPSS threads will be getting wheeled out sometime between now and next year - no doubt about that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Spss masters. Sounds like hell, keep the burst to save you from topping yourself.

Cut to the chase and tell her exactly what you have in yer bin most burds will get the drift and understand

I think it's less about her understanding and more about my self-discipline - it's all good in theory but nae chance am I going to just sit in the house with her or let her buy things or take me out places.

Was planning on being burd-free minus a few one-night tidies for the next 12 months so this has came at a rather inconvenient time.

Pics of this lassie would help us decide for you, Scott. :)

HOT-GIRL-SUZUKI-HAYABUSA-The-Predator-Bike-motorcycles-31545121-640-480.jpg

I'm getting rid of my Predator bike though, can't afford the fuel costs.

I was at the cinema tonight. Nearly ?7 for popcorn and a bottle of Oasis. About ?13.50 to get in all paid by me.. We live together so dosnt matter who pays. He paid for the meal before tho......I felt it was compulsory to get popcorn :bow: . I will take my own sweets next time...

You memtoned her taking up your time as well. If you are totally focused on your degree, concentrate on that. Or explain your situation, if she is interested she will pay her way. I don't have much spare cash, but as a woman, I always offer to pay my way. I don't go out if I can't afford it. If someone else offers to pay the tab, at least I have offered.

Some women expect everything to be paid for them....I find that embarrassing and pathetic. We want equal pay, so we can at least offer to pay our bit.

Get a paper round you tight *****.

^^^

This is the type of shit that makes it all not worth it.

Lancashire_Lou

^^^

This is the type of shit that makes it all not worth it.

LOL. Imagine dumping your nearly-girlfriend over a stranger's tongue-in-cheek post on kickback.

Back of the Bus

If the cinema is going to be a regular thing get a Cineworld card. ?15 nicker a month for all you can eat.

Wait till the mortgage, insurance car purchases etc start. Factor in 2 kids at 1/4 million per year each till they're 16 then ask if its expensive?

DVDs, its the way forward.

Cheaper.

Snacks can be purchased from the supermarket on the cheap (booze too).

Comfy seat.

Skip pishy trailers.

Pause when you need to pish.

No fannys with loud voices, annoying laughs are phone checking.

30s to the bedroom.

Wait till the mortgage, insurance car purchases etc start. Factor in 2 kids at 1/4 million per year each till they're 16 then ask if its expensive?

What?

Angry Haggis

Kids got cocaine habits NAP.

Doctor FinnBarr

HOT-GIRL-SUZUKI-HAYABUSA-The-Predator-Bike-motorcycles-31545121-640-480.jpg

I'm getting rid of my Predator bike though, can't afford the fuel costs.

Best give up the fags as well Scott

Cineworld card - ?15 a month. That bad boy practically pays for itself.

Also, itison, Groupon, etc do great vouchers for local grub.

I am a tight *******, but I make it work :lol:

Imagine getting the groupon vouchers out when you're trying to impress some bursd. :vrface:

My last burd loved a Groupon. Then I heard afterwards I was tight :lol:

Imagine getting the groupon vouchers out when you're trying to impress some bursd. :vrface:

Exactly what I was thinking :lol:

"Excuse me love, have you got any scissors? I just need to cut out this coupon that gets us 50p off our meal, oh yea and I assume we are going Dutch?"

Archived