Tosh McKinlay

bighusref

Can I just take the opportunity to say he is a rasper.

I'm judging his report in the headline as I won't pay for the sun or it's website, but he's allegedly saying he fears we will be "thrashed" on Sunday.

I'll never forget him shitting on us.

Konrad von Carstein

Did he shit on us? I can't mind him doing or saying anything untoward....although I am entering my dotage so may be wrong.

Did he shit on us? I can't mind him doing or saying anything untoward....although I am entering my dotage so may be wrong.

nope, not that I remember.

We accepted an offer from celtic and he joined his boyhood heroes.

Shock.

His talkin pish in the paper though.

Dallas Green

Has he seen any of the hibs performances in the last few weeks?

Thrashed? Aye, ok then.

We_are_the_Hearts

He turned down the opportunity to go to Celtic just before the game we beat them 2-1 at Parkhead, the game where Crabbo and Millar scored. Can remember his celebrations at full time. Celtic eventually got their man.................don't see much wrong with what he said, I also think we will get a couple of gubbings this year if we lose an early goal.

Sadly Tosh has always been an utter rasper and it's not the first time he's come out with guff like this.

He also sounds about as intelligent as a lump of excrement.

My only concern is that we were poor in the last derby, or most last season. For all that they are shite, the tramps we're more up for it and that hurts.

Can I just take the opportunity to say he is a rasper.

I'm judging his report in the headline as I won't pay for the sun or it's website, but he's allegedly saying he fears we will be "thrashed" on Sunday.

I'll never forget him shitting on us.

Not sure where all the seethe is coming from BigH.

I liked Tosh as a player and he always seemed to like us after he left so no hard feelings from me. Unless there is something I have forgotten about.

Maroon Sailor

Not sure where all the seethe is coming from BigH.

I liked Tosh as a player and he always seemed to like us after he left so no hard feelings from me. Unless there is something I have forgotten about.

That's my take on Tosh. One of the best left backs we've had. Unless I just thought he was good after seeing the likes of Stuart Gauld and Peter Shields.

Great player for Hearts. Sold to the team he supprted after Hearts accepted a bid. Aye, I can understand why you'd take offence.

Tosh put in a shift week in week out for Hearts, Sold too his Boyhood Heroes...

If thats a Rasper then hell mend us with what we have had over last 20 years.

Rudolf's Mate

Seems to contradict all the previous threads over the years saying how good a guy he was.

Wouldn't mind knowing what BHR means?

Sadly Tosh has always been an utter rasper and it's not the first time he's come out with guff like this.

He also sounds about as intelligent as a lump of excrement.

Would that be the same Tosh McKinlay that played for us at Aberdeen one or two days after his child had just died? He did that if I remember rightly because we were in a relegation dogfight with Tommy MacLean as manager.

He's no rasper!!

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I've no inside knowledge on the man himself, but he always gave 100% for Hearts on the field. Unlikely to read the Sun so no idea of what he, allegedly, said, but usually it will have little to do with the headline. I doubt there'd be any malice from him and, unless he's been following what's been happening at Hibs, the old 'men against boys' thing will be foremost in his mind. The only time I'd use the word 'rasper' when describing him would be to describe one of his shots, the one that didn't end up in the stand.

Charlie-Brown

Comes across as a typical wedgie fitba player and Sellick fan but never gave less than 100% for Hearts except for perhaps that 6-0 game at Brockville if he played in that?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Good player. Not sure what the **** this is all about.

We might well get thrashed. We're completely shit. I'm just crossing everything, including my Johnson.

We_are_the_Hearts

Comes across as a typical wedgie fitba player and Sellick fan but never gave less than 100% for Hearts except for perhaps that 6-0 game at Brockville if he played in that?

Tosh never played that game

1 Henry Smith

2 Alan McLaren

3 Glynn Snodin

4 Craig Levein

5 Gary Mackay

6 Peter Van de Ven

7 John Robertson

8 Derek Ferguson

9 Ian Baird

10 Neil Berry

11 Eamonn Bannon

I'm surprised that people with a lot of posts are slagging him. I would stick up for him, in the five years he played for Hearts he very rarely played badly. If we had seven Toshes in a team with a couple of Rudis and two Robbos we would have won the league. Celtic bid for him and he went to the team he supported so what, so did Sir Paul. He was loyal when he was with us and always played good against Celtic. Craig Brown gave him a lot of caps because he knew he was a good player. I don't read the Sun and don't think Hearts will be thumped on Sunday but ex-players get paid for quotes and he is entitled to his opinion like all the experts on this board.

Charlie-Brown

Tosh never played that game

1 Henry Smith

2 Alan McLaren

3 Glynn Snodin

4 Craig Levein

5 Gary Mackay

6 Peter Van de Ven

7 John Robertson

8 Derek Ferguson

9 Ian Baird

10 Neil Berry

11 Eamonn Bannon

Incredible to think that team and those players lost 6-0 away to bottom club Falkirk.

heartgarfunkel

Bumped into Tosh a few times when I was a student in Glasgow during the time he was with Hearts. Cracking guy, very genuine geezer and an excellent player. Struggling to recall him ever doing the dirty on us.

Shanks said no

I don't remember hating him when he left. I can recall him being in the Hampton or Murrayfiled Hotel a year or so after he left. I got chatting to him, which I wouldnt have done if I disliked him, and he came across as a decent bloke.

If it had been Winker Watson, well the story would have been different

queensferryjambo

I met him on 19 May 2012 at the rogano resteraunt. He's def a Jambo and a good guy IMO

I met him on the 19th May as well. He spoke very highly of Hearts and came across as a really nice guy.

Good servant to Hearts and good player in his day.

Was listening to him the other day on talksport going on about Rangers and Celtic. He said only 2 teams have won the league in a 140 years and that for a 140 years both only Celtic and rangers could win the title. Now maybe I was not the best at maths but I'm sure Celtic were formed in 1888 and recently celebrated a 125 years? So tosh's claim was bull in that instance. The mans an idiot who does not look past his beloved Celtic. Even when he talks about rangers it's them or them from the other side of the city.

I met him on 19 May 2012 at the rogano resteraunt. He's def a Jambo and a good guy IMO

He's definitely not a Jambo but speaks highly of his time at the club. Like Paul Hartley without the winner's medal.

Whenever I think of Tosh I always remember the wee tussle he had with Mick Mccarthy at Celtic Park. Mccarthy towered over him but wee Tosh stood his ground. :)

No problem with Tosh or what he said, I'm genuinely worried how the young team will cope in this derby as well.

We had a better team last time and we were awful.

He was a very good player for Hearts - one of the best crossers of a ball I have seen in a Hearts shirt. Should have won more caps while with us. Don't know what he is supposed to have done to inspire the OP's ire. Haven't read the article and don't intend to. He may or may not be a crap pundit now but I'd rather focus on what he did for us on the pitch.

Clerry Jambo

McHattie wants to get videos of Tosh and if he can aspire to be close enough to Tosh's abilities, we have a player

The People's Chimp

He's definitely not a Jambo but speaks highly of his time at the club. Like Paul Hartley without the winner's medal.

SPH is a fair bit more "Hearts" than Tosh, but that's no slight on McKinlay.

Charlie-Brown

McHattie wants to get videos of Tosh and if he can aspire to be close enough to Tosh's abilities, we have a player

Yes the ability to pirouet on the goal line to ensure a left footed goal saving clearance is an under appreciated skill. ;)

As a youngster he was one if my favourite players behind Robbo and JC. Can mind being gutted when my old man told me he was signing for the filth.

Clerry Jambo

Yes the ability to pirouet on the goal line to ensure a left footed goal saving clearance is an under appreciated skill. ;)

...go on

RealMaroonCF

I thought tosh was immense. Some of his attitude and work rate applied to guys like walker who's more interested in his haircut and how much his tattoos are on show would go a long way particularly right now!

Clerry Jambo

We have had some tasty left backs down the years....Peter Oliver, Tosh, Mahe and ofcouse Feeeeeeeeeessaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass. Probably missed some more out!

We have had some tasty left backs down the years....Peter Oliver, Tosh, Mahe and ofcouse Feeeeeeeeeessaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass. Probably missed some more out!

Yeah, we've had some crackers at left back. Naysmith and Wallace too.

Pointon

Jamie McCallister ::troll:::'>

Clerry Jambo

ofcourse mate good shout

No problem with Tosh or what he said, I'm genuinely worried how the young team will cope in this derby as well.

We had a better team last time and we were awful.

If we had anything to worry about there is no doubt the Roseburn would be sold out for sunday, with those tramps turning up to see their team kick us while we are down. We are at our lowest level in decades and yet they still come into the derby HOPING they will beat us, HOPING we aren't the team most up for it, HOPING our kids aren't better than their 200k purchases, HOPING our derby dominance doesn't continue, HOPING we don't humiliate them again, even their manager is going into the game HOPING it's not his last!

We never HOPE to win against them, we turn up EXPECTING to win, DEMANDING to win but NEVER, NEVER do we go into a derby game HOPING to win!

We NEVER have and never will be scared going into a derby!

353403.jpg

...a bit disco

Austin McCann if only for that goal against Celtic!

He is wrong of that there is no doubt but my only Toch Mckinley related seethe is that after three years of superb performances for us he was not called on by Scotland that changed about a week after he joined the tims :-(

Clerry Jambo

He is wrong of that there is no doubt but my only Toch Mckinley related seethe is that after three years of superb performances for us he was not called on by Scotland that changed about a week after he joined the tims :-(

Aye, it was a common theme then if any player was signed by the rantic, it was an immediate call up

Rumours once upon a time alleged he broke Larsons snib in the training ground :afro:

Archived