?2.05 for a can of bru

AngleParkMenace

Doctor FinnBarr

Stranger things have happened in the courts ... six months ago, I mentioned that a friend was beaten within an inch of his life by one of the kids I coached for indoor soccer. He wasn't drunk though he may have been jacked up on pop ... on Friday he got 3 and half years, but with time served already he'll be out in 2 I think. Inbreeding is almost inevitable. But then I believe Golspie and other places like that in northern Scotland have the occasional first cousins marriage.

Sun doesn't go down so we're safe until Nov.

Yay, waves aren't quite so nasty so we're leaving for the long weekend in 30 mins. Got all my guns with me so should any mutant vampires appear they're gonna get a belly full of lead. :thumbsup:

Shaggin yer cousin is legal mind

Doctor FinnBarr

Is no one else intrigued as to what the **** unicum is and why it seems acceptable to consume?

Aye, didn't want to say tho

Magic Numbers

http://www.yak.net/fqa/336.html

What is UNICUM?

Also called the "Hungarian National Accelerator", Unicum is a bitter herbal liquer drunk mostly in Hungary and by Hungarians, although expats and tourists can (and often do) aquire a taste for it. It's a secret recipe of (i've heard) 23 or maybe (below it says) 40 herbal ingredients.

The "Time Out" guide to Budapest describes it as something like (i'm typing this from memory) smells like a hospital corridor, and as bitter as cold winter's night. :olly::vrwow::strewth::skitehound::food-smiley-004:

It doesn't go over well in the states, where Jaegermeister is about as adventuresome as people get. (To me, Jaegermeister tastes like green kool-aid with extra sugar.)

Drink it in shots, with a glass of soda water nearby, in case you need it.

One Hungarian T-Shirt calls it "The best stomach-strengthening liquor"! It's also considered a tonic, and it is theraputic for a great many ailments.

In Bulgaria 1 can of irn bru in a supermarket is 2lv 90... works out about ?1.40... In a bar its 4lvs... Ridiculous!

Got charged ?4.00 for a bottle of Kingfisher from my local takeaway, 0.30p dearer than the pub across the road from me :(

I got stung ?1.70 for a daft wee carton last night. Really not all that amusing I'm afraid.

:rofl:

I got charged ?4.00 for a chorizo sausage at the Co-op. it should only have been ?2.00. Luckily I noticed and the bill was corrected. I still had a rant about it on here though.

Franklin Delano Bluth

The only thing that's going to help me this morning is a can of 'pop'.

I paid 2.99 for about 8 cans though

:verysmug:

Alan Johnson

Tell you what, I'd happily pay about a fiver for a bottle of irn bru on this train. :vrface:

Everyday I'm strugglin'.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Palinka is evil. Evil I tell you.

J?ger is a lot easier to drink than Unicum aswell I think.

Zwack. Eurgh, horrible stuff.

Hugh Phamism

S$23 (?12) for a pint of Tiger at Traders Hotel in Singapore is the most I have ever had to pay for a single beer.

:seething

Zwack (Unicum) is dangerous stuff.

It's a black liquid for a start. Should give you 10% of an idea of the taste.

Stuart McNeill
?10 for a Big Mac meal in Dalaman airport.

15TL for a banana 2 weeks ago

Dalaman airport is a very expensive airport. I didn't bother getting anything from there.

Just got charged ?2.70 for a watered down Fanta orange that was less than 500mls in a plastic cup in mundomar in Benidorm.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Was charged about 5euros for a soggy sandwich and three for a bag of crisps on Ryanair :veryangry2:

Was charged about 5euros for a soggy sandwich and three for a bag of crisps on Ryanair :veryangry2:

You could go to Ryan's Bar and probably get charged the same.

http://www.yak.net/fqa/336.html

What is UNICUM?

Also called the "Hungarian National Accelerator", Unicum is a bitter herbal liquer drunk mostly in Hungary and by Hungarians, although expats and tourists can (and often do) aquire a taste for it. It's a secret recipe of (i've heard) 23 or maybe (below it says) 40 herbal ingredients.

The "Time Out" guide to Budapest describes it as something like (i'm typing this from memory) smells like a hospital corridor, and as bitter as cold winter's night. :olly::vrwow::strewth::skitehound::food-smiley-004:

It doesn't go over well in the states, where Jaegermeister is about as adventuresome as people get. (To me, Jaegermeister tastes like green kool-aid with extra sugar.)

Drink it in shots, with a glass of soda water nearby, in case you need it.

One Hungarian T-Shirt calls it "The best stomach-strengthening liquor"! It's also considered a tonic, and it is theraputic for a great many ailments.

Lol, my brothers GF is Hungarian, the stuff is brutal (not as bad as rice wine though). She used to work in a bar in Leith and got it ordered in. She left for another job and I just happened to visited the same pub a few months later to see the partially full bottle being used as a door stop!

I got charged ?4.00 for a chorizo sausage at the Co-op. it should only have been ?2.00. Luckily I noticed and the bill was corrected. I still had a rant about it on here though.

Seethe thread mate. :laugh:

GlasgoJambo

For sheer general expense of everything Geneva is rather eye-opening.

Working in bars I have seen many people complain about the prices - often it's when it's a straight comparison with something whole they can buy themselves in a shop, eg a can of juice or a packet of crisps - however the mark up on a vodka coke in a night club I worked in was far far bigger than charging 90p for a pack of crisps.

If people complain about prices to me now I confuse them by agreeing with them and then saying to them "you think that's bad, seen the price of tea in here? You could get 100 teabags for that in Farmfoods. It's rediculous!" It sets a seed of doubt in their presumed robust price correlation theories.

?12 for a 330ml bottle of water in Amnesia.

:muggy:

Got five dolphins for that price.

:jjyay:

:rofl:

I mind our first night out back in Ibiza back in the day, whilst already drunk my mate order a double JD & Coke in Es Paradis - 30 odd euros it came in at :lol:

Case deal at Farmfoods. 24 cans of irn bru for ?6.

Don't drink too much, it'll turn yer pish dark orange. :sob:

Got a couple of Morgans and coke up in Perth yesterday and they charged 85p for a dash of coke so I asked how much it was for a can.

?2.40 for a 330ml can :o

Burd bought a bottle of water at the playhouse on sat for ?2 , bad enough but I sold them the water on fri and know how much it cost them!

jambo in iraq

i bought a can of irnbru in iraq, 4500 miles from Scotland and it was only 75p! Toby Grill are robbing ba5tards

Was in u s a couple years ago it was actually cheaper to buy coke/Pepsi $1 water $3 Nae wonder yanks are all fat barstewrds

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Was in Turkey last week, everywhere you go everything is cheap as chips

except Dalaman Airport

Pint of beer (and the local beer too not import like Heineken) was ?8, and a glass of Fanta was ?4 (from the gun too not a can)

:vrface:

Got charged ?8.00 for two pints of Stella at frankie &bennys the other night :(

That is not a million miles off the average price for Wife Beater now.

Lancashire_Lou

2 bottles of coke & a bag of sweets for the Edinburgh Tattoo. Nearly a tenner.

Hannibal Lecter

2 bottles of coke & a bag of sweets for the Edinburgh Tattoo. Nearly a tenner.

When I was at a show in London last year it was around ?15 for similar but with another bag of sweets added.

Archived