?2.05 for a can of bru

AngleParkMenace

AngleParkMenace

As the title suggests I have just been charged ?2.05 for a can of Fecking irn bru.

It is a Toby carvery but christ I was taken aback.

What is the cheapest/expensive price you have been charged?

Maroon Sailor

?2.20 for a 500ml bottle of diet coke at Muirfield for the golf.

Robbing gits

I missed the capri sun chat. Do tell :D

I got stung ?1.70 for a daft wee carton last night. Really not all that amusing I'm afraid.

Was it one of the big ones with the screw cap?

WH Smith prices that!

Can't mind :lol:

Got it on the bridges somewhere

Tommy Wiseau

Over 2 quid for a can of pop ffs :lol:

I got charged 2 quid for a Twister a couple of months back. 2 quid for an ice lolly :lol:

There is a supermarket near me that was charging US$12 for a 500ml bottle for a while.

BoJack Horseman

Over 2 quid for a can of pop ffs :lol:

I got charged 2 quid for a Twister a couple of months back. 2 quid for an ice lolly :lol:

Pop.

:what:

?2.05? I'm in Budapest and seething that I have to pay ?1.50 to the local Scottish bar for an ice cold can of bru. That shit's imported. ?2.05 from the promised land? What a joke.

Weird... I was stung the other night by this.

I can see yours and raise you:

?2.25 Jekyll + Hyde, can of irn bru! Total ******* rip off. I did complain but just got told as it was a chain they dont make the prices.

Irn Bru is rank nowadays. Was never as sweet back in the day.

Anyway, juice without rum = shite

Paid 4 euro for a can of peach iced tea in Monaco last week.

Maroon Sailor

Weird... I was stung the other night

I've been stung for a jar of honey

?3.70 for a bog-standard can of Red Bull outside Madrid zoo. Robbing barstewards.

As the title suggests I have just been charged ?2.05 for a can of Fecking irn bru.

It is a Toby carvery but christ I was taken aback.

What is the cheapest/expensive price you have been charged?

Never - ever - go to Norway.

Maroon Sailor

6 euros for a bottle of orange juice at alicante airport

I hope it was at least 2 litres !

Vue pictures wanted ?3:20 for a 500ml bottle fanta,

Key word "wanted"

The Great Khali

Key word "wanted"

The cinemas a ******* joke. I took her for the first time in quite a while last week to see monsters university (which was ace) and spent ?30!!! ?25 for us to get in and then a juice.

Maroon Sailor

Key word "wanted"

Now that is taking the piss !

The cinemas a ******* joke. I took her for the first time in quite a while last week to see monsters university (which was ace) and spent ?30!!! ?25 for us to get in and then a juice.

You are doing something wrong if you are paying ?12:50 for a cinema ticket!

Think I paid almost a fiver for a can of coke at sharm el sheikh airport oh and the kitkat was ?4.

The Great Khali

You are doing something wrong if you are paying ?12:50 for a cinema ticket!

Aye I know. It was ?24.30 or some shite like that but I didn't realise they charged extra for 3D. Robbed.

The Great Khali

Think I paid almost a fiver for a can of coke at sharm el sheikh airport oh and the kitkat was ?4.

9 euros a pint at Charles de Gaulle airport last time I was there.

ArcticJambo

The next community down from us (a mere 300 miles away), Clyde River, is notorious for their addiction to pop/soda/skoosh ... around june/july, when the store has run out (the annual sealift supply ship comes in August) they will fly in cases and sell individual 330ml cans of Coke at $5 each. They often sell out quickly. Black market cases of 24 will often sell for $100.

Pop.

?2.05? I'm in Budapest and seething that I have to pay ?1.50 to the local Scottish bar for an ice cold can of bru. That shit's imported. ?2.05 from the promised land? What a joke.

Budapest is fantastic. The Scottish bar, if it's the same one I was at with the Celtic stuff all over the walls, is pish.

Guest C00l K1d

The next community down from us (a mere 300 miles away), Clyde River, is notorious for their addiction to pop/soda/skoosh ... around june/july, when the store has run out (the annual sealift supply ship comes in August) they will fly in cases and sell individual 330ml cans of Coke at $5 each. They often sell out quickly. Black market cases of 24 will often sell for $100.

I'll start sending you palettes over and we can split the profits :D

ArcticJambo

I'll start sending you palettes over and we can split the profits :D

:) I know ... there are a plenty of addictions to make a packet off here. We have a local facebook sell/swap site and someone will post a lolly that looks like a space ship, and two 500ml bottles of Coca Cola; bids starting at $8, two-dolla increments. Will often close at over $30.

Junk food, any form of gambling including regular wool sting pulls, weed, and booze. Bonanza.

ArcticJambo

Baffin Island sounds like a complete nightmare.

Do tourists visit there?

Unfortunately GW. Recent Canadian national crime stats came out and Nunavut pretty much topped the charts in every category with near 10x the national rate, especially violent crime & homicide ... almost all of it fueled by addictions to soft drinks.

We had the rather fancy smancy National Geographic cruise ship come in Thursday morning for the day. These tourists rarely see the day-to-day cold-hard realities of life in the communities.

National-Geographic-Explorer.jpg

I suspect a can of Irn Bru, if even available on board, might well exceed 2 pounds. I must break off to gloat at Ross County stunning Paradise. :lol:

All cans and bottles of juice seem cheap after being in australia. Even 2 quid for irn bru seems good.

I pay ?1.60 for a can of irn bru in Sweden, rip off, but it has to be done every now and then.

ive been in a bar where someone i was with was charged ?2.50 for a mixer of tonic (yes the 125ml bottles)

Pop.

Unicum.......worst....drink....ever.

BoJack Horseman

Unicum.......worst....drink....ever.

It's no worse than Jager. Palinka is honkin.

My local Mace sells 2ltr Pepsi pish at ?2.55. Absolute joke! Costco sell 8 x 2ltr for ?6.85! 2ltr carton of Semi skimmed is ?2.09. Only go there for my gas and leccy. Robbin sods.

The Great Khali

It's no worse than Jager. Palinka is honkin.

Palinka is evil. Evil I tell you.

J?ger is a lot easier to drink than Unicum aswell I think.

Angry Haggis

Irn Bru is rank nowadays. Was never as sweet back in the day.

Anyway, juice without rum = shite

Paid 4 euro for a can of peach iced tea in Monaco last week.

Paid 6.50 euro for small glass bottle of coke at cafe de Paris..Monaco square last year. Was worth it though..to shut Mrs Haggis up..

I had a cup of cha..

:smug:

Which was 8 euros...

:sob:

Arctic, is addiction to soft drinks used as a defence to criminal charges? Is all this chaos due to isolation or darkness or what? Is there a lot of inbreeding?

Palinka is evil. Evil I tell you.

J?ger is a lot easier to drink than Unicum aswell I think.

I'd have ten J?gers before I'd have one Unicum. Scrap that....I'd have twenty.

Arctic, is addiction to soft drinks used as a defence to criminal charges? Is all this chaos due to isolation or darkness or what? Is there a lot of inbreeding?

Dont forget the influx of vampires when the sun goes down.

ArcticJambo

Stranger things have happened in the courts ... six months ago, I mentioned that a friend was beaten within an inch of his life by one of the kids I coached for indoor soccer. He wasn't drunk though he may have been jacked up on pop ... on Friday he got 3 and half years, but with time served already he'll be out in 2 I think. Inbreeding is almost inevitable. But then I believe Golspie and other places like that in northern Scotland have the occasional first cousins marriage.

Dont forget the influx of vampires when the sun goes down.

Sun doesn't go down so we're safe until Nov.

Yay, waves aren't quite so nasty so we're leaving for the long weekend in 30 mins. Got all my guns with me so should any mutant vampires appear they're gonna get a belly full of lead. :thumbsup:

I was charged 5 Swiss francs for Irn brew here in Geneva in a shop on the centre. It had on the side of can not to be sold seperately part of multipack and cost of can was 39p per can . Now that's taking the preverbial piss.

Archived