The monthly Annoying Advert thread

:shitwine:

All roads lead to Gorgie

The Lloyd's Bank horse running ad. Please keep the thing in its field, its out of control and a danger to the public. 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JWL

• Sooperstar

• milky_26

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's the one with Danny Dyers daughter. You're correct she is ****ing annoying as is the advert. 

No no no. That one is very annoying, but it's not the one I'm talking about. And I thought at first that was Danny Dyer's daughter then I decided it wasn't. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's the one with Danny Dyers daughter. You're correct she is ****ing annoying as is the advert. 

I had to take to Twitter to find out what the advert was.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Sooperstar said:

I had to take to Twitter to find out what the advert was.

There isn't a perfume or men's cologne advert out there that isn't annoying, pretentious and full of as swipes you'd cross several roads to avoid. 

been here before
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

the lass in that perf with surf ad is danny dyers daughter?

it is a very annoying ad

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So the missus tells me and she knows about stuff like this. :lol:

You slags muggin me off?

On 22/09/2020 at 21:36, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The Lloyd's Bank horse running ad. Please keep the thing in its field, its out of control and a danger to the public

Perfect description of Lloyds Bank *   actually.  🙂

* Other "out of control and danger to the public" banks are available .... lots of them 

I dont know why, but im being bombarded by ads on YouTube of some smug Irish twat trying to help financial advisors get their grubby hands on people's hard earned. 

"We've developed a system that attracts..."

**** off you prick

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, JWL said:

Looks like a bellend, talks like a bellend, conclusion...........................................bellend.

As they say if it walks like a duck etc etc. 

been here before
2 hours ago, JWL said:

Looks like a bellend, talks like a bellend, conclusion...........................................bellend.

Andy Storey.

Jumble up the letters in his name and you get  Hairy faced Hipster wank.

Try it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Салатные палочки

Who's idea was it to give that wee nippy Welsh sweetie out of Gavin and Stacey about five different voice-overs? Accent goes right through me. 

Horatio Caine
On 26/12/2020 at 00:02, obua said:

That cinch ad is brutal, who’s the guy with the big teeth mincing around.

Ryland Clark Neal.  Latest flavour of the year.

Horatio Caine

The advert for STV Player where there's a horrible looking couple sitting on the sofa deciding what to watch.  Wife makes a choice, husband grimaces, then produces a tablet to watch his own choice creepily uttering "I'm the boss too".  Brutal.

been here before
On 26/12/2020 at 21:55, Lovecraft said:

Not a specific one but more general:

It would appear that 90% of couples are now Interracial.

And all have one son and one daughter.

Seymour M Hersh

Anyone seen the new Ryanair advert? Starts of with a pronouncement that the vaccine is coming then waffles about flights/holidays and ends with the classic line you can "Jab & Go". Really naff (as you'd expect from Ryanair). :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

This 'oldie' seems to be getting a regular airing just now...presumably they aren't making new ones with even more annoying twats during the pandemic.

On 26/12/2020 at 21:55, Lovecraft said:

Not a specific one but more general:

It would appear that 90% of couples are now Interracial.

And same sex... 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

And same sex... 

Definitely noticeable how careful advertising companies have become around being "politically correct" with their adverts. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but positive discrimination should also be guarded against, in my opinion.

The recent discussion around gay actors only being allowed to portray gay people is an example of how the best intentions to get with our times and cultures can get muddled. That discussion then branched out into whether gay actors should play straight roles. 

If we're not careful, it could get extremely silly, like French actors only being able to play French people, for example.

Where would we be without Dick van Dyke's cockney accent or Sean Connery having played a Russian submarine commander with a Scottish accent?

On 27/12/2020 at 09:16, Horatio Caine said:

The advert for STV Player where there's a horrible looking couple sitting on the sofa deciding what to watch.  Wife makes a choice, husband grimaces, then produces a tablet to watch his own choice creepily uttering "I'm the boss too".  Brutal.

'Great'.

He is such a prick.

3 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Anyone else get an image of a manky ringpiece when that fricking Andrex "Clean is" advert comes on? 

Like a ripped out fireplace

IMG_7460.jpg?resize=797,1063

J.T.F.Robertson

Not annoying, but ****ing heart breaking. These televised appeals on behalf of animal charities, the pictures just make me want to cry/scream/curse. 

Feel more rage on their behalf than anything homo sapien related.

• 2 weeks later...
William H. Bonney

The new nationwide advert is possibly the worst one yet. These adverts give me the seethe so much I probably wouldn’t converse with someone If I knew they banked with nationwide. 

Samuel Camazzola
15 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

The new nationwide advert is possibly the worst one yet. These adverts give me the seethe so much I probably wouldn’t converse with someone If I knew they banked with nationwide. 

They are all terrible. No idea why their marketing folk would sanction this nonsense. 

The Jamie Redknapp car rental one needs to be added to the annoying list too! 😡 

On 31/01/2021 at 10:36, Furious Styles said:

That the one of the poet guy speaking in a completely unnatural way? If so then I agree.

William H. Bonney
Just now, Sooperstar said:

That the one of the poet guy speaking in a completely unnatural way? If so then I agree.

The guy from Birmingham. 

Салатные палочки
On 31/01/2021 at 14:22, JWL said:

This is the one that's currently doing my head in. Seems to be on at every ad break, Haven't a clue what she does either.

Think she's an investigative journalist. Much the same as Roger Cook but less likely to get a baseball bat rammed into her face. 

Салатные палочки

Seen a couple of adverts recently where the narrator copies Matt Berry's 'Steven Toast' voice. Completely pointless, doesn't even do a good job of it. 

those stupid dominos adverts where if the person orders the wrong takeaway (i.e. not a dominos) some awful thing will happen to them. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Think she's an investigative journalist. Much the same as Roger Cook but less likely to get a baseball bat rammed into her face. 

Certainly not her face. 

• 4 weeks later...
Captain Hunter

film on four sponsored by funny plooper fart kit or funny calm bullshit.

i have complained to the company....try listening to this add twice on every break on film four....while on lock down i admit film four can be on in the background most of the day....the voice of this guy sounds like some kind of menacing slasher right out of a horror flick....for god sake give us a money caaaaaaalmmmm voice and cut the bull shit cool as a clam rubbish...my god to think some bunch of twats have been paid thousands for this....anyway all advertises beware i hit the mute button on average 10 times dururing film 4 movies...if you place your ads with funny farty kit....then i never hear your ads

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel Camazzola

The Tesco ad with the creepy looking guy who talks through his teeth with one of the worst accents around! 🤬 

It would be quite pleasing if his kitchen caught fire whilst he slouches about in his pit! 

• 4 weeks later...
Horatio Caine

Fosters funeral services - utter crap with its wee cartoon characters and shitey accents.

Plus.net - now I quite like Jason Manford, but I'm fed up with him telling us what they say in Yorkshire. "that'll do" - well, it's not just in Yorkshire we say that, so STFU Jason - that'll do.

Prince Buaben
12 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Fosters funeral services - utter crap with its wee cartoon characters and shitey accents.

Plus.net - now I quite like Jason Manford, but I'm fed up with him telling us what they say in Yorkshire. "that'll do" - well, it's not just in Yorkshire we say that, so STFU Jason - that'll do.

It's not Jason Manford in the adverts :ninja:

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Prince Buaben said:

It's not Jason Manford in the adverts :ninja:

What??? Who the hell is it then?  Has he got a twin brother?

Prince Buaben
10 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

What??? Who the hell is it then?  Has he got a twin brother?

Boys called Craig Murray.