Worst case scenario

Captain Canada

Captain Canada

I was chatting to a non Jambo mate last night and we were debating what would happen if Hearts got a lot of injuries/suspensions.

Would we be forced to name a squad with fewer or no subs or would we be allowed to make any short term signings while in admin?

For example if Jamie and Ridgers were both out for a long spell, would we just have to make do with youths?

I wondered if there was anything in the rule book that covered this possibility?

Surely it would devalue the league if we had to play a lot of 15 and 16 year olds in the first team? Equally i can see how other teams would be annoyed if we made emergency signings under an embargo.

I think you can get special dispensation for goalkeepers. As for other positions, I think it is tough. There have been teams in the past who have been unable to name a full subs bench.

I actually think Rangers were unable to once.

Captain Canada

That's what I thought. There could be a situation where we have 2 outfield players on the bench and not be able to make 3 substitutions.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that and we're out of admin sooner rather than later.

We got told the other night we need another 5 players to get up to a minimum 22 man squad.

I don't know how that'll happen with an embargo in place. Probably bring in 5 youths?

Knowing the heirarchy in Weegieland, they would just make Hearts play with the players available except if they needed a back up keeper then they would get dispensation like everyone else.

Connor-The-Jambo

This is how rangers got to make signings last summer. They supposedly had to small a club and were allowed that summer window to sign players

I know that the powers that be in England and Scotland have completely different laws, but down South Watford currently have a transfer embargo yet recently signed 7 players???

This is how rangers got to make signings last summer. They supposedly had to small a club and were allowed that summer window to sign players

Yeah, they got advanced notice of their transfer embargo.

Gers visitor

Rangers worked their way round the illegal registration embargo that they were blackmailed into accepting by the SFA. Hearts need to do the same

itsnomarooned
Rangers worked their way round the illegal registration embargo that they were blackmailed into accepting by the SFA. Hearts need to do the same

Yawn

Stupid Sexy Flanders

:rofl:

Son Of Anarchy

We have a squad of under 20's don't we?

Heard Robbo say today we have a squad of 20.only 4 out of that 20 are over the age of 22 and two of those are keepers.vast majority are 17-18 years old.Robbos doing one day a week helping out free .

Archived