• Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

You're lost without smillies ain't you?

:lol:

I don't know which is more painful to read tbh :jjyay:

Just had one on my feed

"Seriously, some people need to grow up. Bloody Hell!!!!"

When they get the obligatory reply asking what's up they come back with "I'll PM you"

Just keep all your pish to yourself please

southside1874

Unlike JKB, you have the ability to control your own facebook page. You can delete folk who do your head in. If you have a gripe about your facebook page then remember, it was you who created it and it's you who is in control of it. Your facebook page is something that you have created. If it does your brain in then let it go or fix it. Moaning about your facebook page is like saying.....I don't have any balls and I'm going to be a bitch. That's all :afro:

BoJack Horseman

Unlike JKB, you have the ability to control your own facebook page. You can delete folk who do your head in. If you have a gripe about your facebook page then remember, it was you who created it and it's you who is in control of it. Your facebook page is something that you have created. If it does your brain in then let it go or fix it. Moaning about your facebook page is like saying.....I don't have any balls and I'm going to be a bitch. That's all :afro:

Such a piss poor argument that is trotted out time and time again. It's more like saying "stop complaining about the bus, walk instead". Or, more appropriately, if you're not a fan of the content of this thread, don't read or reply to it.

southside1874

Such a piss poor argument that is trotted out time and time again. It's more like saying "stop complaining about the bus, walk instead". Or, more appropriately, if you're not a fan of the content of this thread, don't read or reply to it.

No, You have to take the bus but you don't have control over it. You do have control over your facebook page though. I did reply to the content of this thread and you can't delete me. You would be able to delete me on Facebook though.

Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it will always get you the right ones.

Creepy Lurker

I think the analogy that you're drawing here is that you have to use the bus and, similarly, you have to have Facebook if you want a normal social life. I don't think it works, as you can easily hide people from your newsfeed (or just delete them), whereas you're stuck with any annoying people on your bus. Having said that, I don't mind a wee moan about Facebook now and then; it's just a wee bit sad when people seem properly angry about it.

You are ALL MUGS... Its almost the end of July and the summer holidays... FACEBOOK is the site to be on come august when the summer holidays snaps are uploaded! :curtain:

Just sayin' innocent.gif

BoJack Horseman

I think the analogy that you're drawing here is that you have to use the bus and, similarly, you have to have Facebook if you want a normal social life. I don't think it works, as you can easily hide people from your newsfeed (or just delete them), whereas you're stuck with any annoying people on your bus. Having said that, I don't mind a wee moan about Facebook now and then; it's just a wee bit sad when people seem properly angry about it.

My point is that some of us don't want to delete their friends from facebook. It just so happens that some of them have horrendous updates. I've hidden the worst offenders, the ones that truly boil my piss. Then there's the ones that are just thick as pig shit, which are like watching car crash telly. I doubt most of the people in this thread are genuinely angered by their facebook feeds, but when there's a thread specifically for the shite that these cretins post, well then there's an outlet to share.

So, instead of the pointless replies of "just hide them", why not either contribute with similar content, or ignore the thread entirely. If you've hidden all your friends and your newsfeed is empty, I doubt you've got much to contribute anyway.

Creepy Lurker

My point is that some of us don't want to delete their friends from facebook. It just so happens that some of them have horrendous updates. I've hidden the worst offenders, the ones that truly boil my piss. Then there's the ones that are just thick as pig shit, which are like watching car crash telly. I doubt most of the people in this thread are genuinely angered by their facebook feeds, but when there's a thread specifically for the shite that these cretins post, well then there's an outlet to share.

So, instead of the pointless replies of "just hide them", why not either contribute with similar content, or ignore the thread entirely. If you've hidden all your friends and your newsfeed is empty, I doubt you've got much to contribute anyway.

You're pretty hostile at times, Roger. Don't sip haterade plz, tytyty.

To respond to your points:

• I have contributed similar content.
  • My reply was far from 'just hide them'.
  • I didn't accuse most people in this thread of being genuinely angered. There are one or two who seem that way, although I'm unsure if that's really the case or if it's more a case of them doing something which is quite common, namely trying to ape the style of the 'ranty' comedians who seem to be popular at the moment but managing to lose the humour along the way and just seeming annoying and grumpy as a result.

If you don't want to hide updates which annoy you then moaning about it afterwards seems a bit weird, although I think it's fair to say that there's a fair bit of humour involved and that most of us - myself included - enjoy that kind of cathartic bitchfest.

Maybe I'll get a more friendly reply this time. You hurt my feelings a bit with this one. :(

Seeing the thread on here about the Abduction Attempt in Musselburgh and because of facebook my first thought was that it was a load of pish and that someone had reposted one of the millions of spam/fake stories you get on facebook. Truly sad state of affairs!!

BoJack Horseman

You're pretty hostile at times, Roger. Don't sip haterade plz, tytyty.

To respond to your points:

• I have contributed similar content.
  • My reply was far from 'just hide them'.
  • I didn't accuse most people in this thread of being genuinely angered. There are one or two who seem that way, although I'm unsure if that's really the case or if it's more a case of them doing something which is quite common, namely trying to ape the style of the 'ranty' comedians who seem to be popular at the moment but managing to lose the humour along the way and just seeming annoying and grumpy as a result.

If you don't want to hide updates which annoy you then moaning about it afterwards seems a bit weird, although I think it's fair to say that there's a fair bit of humour involved and that most of us - myself included - enjoy that kind of cathartic bitchfest.

Maybe I'll get a more friendly reply this time. You hurt my feelings a bit with this one. :(

And here I thought that was a fairly friendly response. My point still stands. I doubt the majority of the posters on this thread go about their day with thoughts about how awful their facebook feed is, but when there's a thread for a cathartic bitchfest, as you say, then there's no shortage of contributors. It just gets tedious when in amongst these relevant comments, you get the few who think they're original by saying "just hide them". That's not the point, and that wasn't directed at you, it was the collective you I was speaking to.

And here I thought that was a fairly friendly response.

Nope, CL nailed it. It was hostile, rude and aggressive. That's not friendly.

:thumbsup:

Anyway, back on topic with a pictorial representation.

1001914_10151817271187323_806848381_n.jpg

BoJack Horseman

Nope, CL nailed it. It was hostile, rude and aggressive. That's not friendly.

:thumbsup:

Pssst, sarcasm.

Prince Buaben

This has just appeared on my timeline.

Important message from Crime Stoppers, please read...

While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves mostly from Eastern Europe are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police where gangs are placing a car seat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby. "Note that the location of this car seat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.

DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!! DIAL 9-9-9 AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSCREEN, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFORM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVOURY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.

Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM.

This has just appeared on my timeline.

You take care in the Singapore Grand Prix then, Kimi. Any eggs - don't slow down.

Creepy Lurker

And here I thought that was a fairly friendly response. My point still stands. I doubt the majority of the posters on this thread go about their day with thoughts about how awful their facebook feed is, but when there's a thread for a cathartic bitchfest, as you say, then there's no shortage of contributors. It just gets tedious when in amongst these relevant comments, you get the few who think they're original by saying "just hide them". That's not the point, and that wasn't directed at you, it was the collective you I was speaking to.

I don't think we actually disagree with each other, to be honest. Are we friends again yet? I wouldn't want to lose your friendship over this.

See folk you went to school with that then add you on facebook years later?

See when you reluctantly accept their friend request in case you bump into them at a later date and don't want it to be awkward.

See when the ***** comes into your work and ignores you when I give them a little nod of recognition as I don't want to be a dick and not acknowledge them?

That Hibs ******* can go **** himself.

I've just received an invite to a school reunion on it. Though most of the people I was at school with that would turn up seem to have turned into church attending Standard Life Workers. Not my idea of a good night, unless I can track down the headcases they were all scared off and turn up with them in tow.

I P Knightley

When I started using Facebook I set myself a limit of 30 online friends

Rant

Rant

So what makes them think now that because we're both older and more mature I'd want to share any of my life with them? We weren't friends in the slightest at school so why on gods green earth would I be interested where you're going on holiday (with the inevitable "4 sleeps to go!"), pictures of your kid on their new bike from 76 different angles because I'd struggle to grasp exactly how that would look

Rant, rant, marvellous rant.

I really enjoy the phrase, "on God's green earth".

See folk you went to school with that then add you on facebook years later?

See when you reluctantly accept their friend request in case you bump into them at a later date and

See when they contact you for a coffee s they're 'in the neighbourhood'

See when they're twice as heavy as their FB photo makes them appear?

Shame that.

If you forget to end your FB comment with a couple of xxx kisses, it's really not a problem. You don't HAVE to post a follow up comment just with the xxxs. Really.

BoJack Horseman

I've just received an invite to a school reunion on it. Though most of the people I was at school with that would turn up seem to have turned into church attending Standard Life Workers. Not my idea of a good night, unless I can track down the headcases they were all scared off and turn up with them in tow.

It's a shame that, for my generation at least, Facebook has all but killed the "school reunion". Where's the fun in going to a function where you already know how everyone is getting on, including the gritty details of their privates lives, because they've all posted it on facebook?

Generic Username

There's a dame on my Facebook who's a couple of months into a post-relationship meltdown. It's all there. Weeks of angry posts about the boy, he's a dumpling, she hates him, she knew he was a liar etc etc.Then the motivational phase - so much stronger now, know who my pals are etc etc. Now the "single and loving it" phase - out all the time, wrecked, isn't life great.

All this would be a lot easier to believe if it wasn't being narrated, blow by blow on Facebook, with her still being "friends" with the ex. She think's she'll be showing him, the reality is, he'll no give a shit.

There's a dame on my Facebook who's a couple of months into a post-relationship meltdown. It's all there. Weeks of angry posts about the boy, he's a dumpling, she hates him, she knew he was a liar etc etc.Then the motivational phase - so much stronger now, know who my pals are etc etc. Now the "single and loving it" phase - out all the time, wrecked, isn't life great.

All this would be a lot easier to believe if it wasn't being narrated, blow by blow on Facebook, with her still being "friends" with the ex. She think's she'll be showing him, the reality is, he'll no give a shit.

and he'll be pumping her mates

I P Knightley

Might be worth getting in there & giving her a pumping? Give her something to crow about on FB: status update, "walking like John Wayne this morning.Thanks Audioslave."

Generic Username

Might be worth getting in there & giving her a pumping? Give her something to crow about on FB: status update, "walking like John Wayne this morning.Thanks Audioslave."

I like to observe the car crash from afar. Not run up and poke my ****** in a wound.

DO NOT ACCEPT A FRIEND REQUEST FROM A CHRISOPHER DAVIES AND JESSICA DAVIES THEY ARE HACKERS. TELL EVERY 1 ON YOUR LIST BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY ON YOUR LIST ADDS HIM, HE'LL BE ON YOUR LIST TOO. HE'LL FIGURE OUT UR COMPUTER'S ID AND ADDRESS , SO COPY & PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE EVEN IF U DON'T CARE Thanks for the warning, pass it onb

who the **** believes this dribble?

DO NOT ACCEPT A FRIEND REQUEST FROM A CHRISOPHER DAVIES AND JESSICA DAVIES THEY ARE HACKERS. TELL EVERY 1 ON YOUR LIST BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY ON YOUR LIST ADDS HIM, HE'LL BE ON YOUR LIST TOO. HE'LL FIGURE OUT UR COMPUTER'S ID AND ADDRESS , SO COPY & PASTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE EVEN IF U DON'T CARE Thanks for the warning, pass it onb

who the **** believes this dribble?

And what do people get out of fear-mongering in such a crap way?

And what do people get out of fear-mongering in such a crap way?

And who accepts friend requests from people you or no-one else knows?

And who accepts friend requests from people you or no-one else knows?

What if she's tidy?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Folk putting RIP Benitez on their Facebook page.

Can't get my head around the motivation to do that.

:what:

BoJack Horseman

:what:

Because they want to show how caring and empathic they are.

It was like when that baby was born the other day. People getting aw worked up aboot something/someone that they don't know. Bit of a beamer really.

Tommy Wiseau

Ach it gets him through another post without using a smiley face. I've seen smack addicts going cold turkey who haven't struggled as much as the lad, God love him.

Ron Swanson

this appeared on mines this morning

1003095_593954510645447_1915246942_n.jpg

....aye cos that will help cure it

mother in law devotes her life to candy crush. still calls it candy crunch.

grrr.

• 1 year later...
Woot, Woot... Go Canada Go.

A Muslim woman dressed in a Burkha (a black gown & face mask) was standing with her shopping in a queue at the checkout. When it was her turn to be served, and as she reached the cashier, she made a loud remark about the Canadian Flag lapel pin which the female cashier was wearing on her blouse. The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, ?Yes, I always wear it proudly. My son serves abroad with the forces and I wear it for him. The Muslim woman then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing and killing her countrymen explaining that she was Iraqi.

At that point an elderly gentleman standing in the queue stepped forward and interrupted with a calm and gentle voice, and said to the Iraqi woman, ?Excuse me, but hundreds of thousands of Canadian men and women, just like this lady?s son have fought and sacrificed their lives so that people just like YOU can stand here in Canada, which is MY country, and allow you to blatantly accuse an innocent check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen.

It is my belief that if you were allowed to be as outspoken as that in Iraq, which you claim to be YOUR country, then we wouldn?t need to be fighting there today. However ? now that you have learned how to speak out and criticize the Canadian people who have afforded you the protection of MY country, I will gladly pay the cost of a ticket to help you pay your way back to Iraq.

When you get there, and if you manage to survive for being as outspoken as what you are here in Canada, then you should be able to help straighten out the mess which YOUR Iraqi countrymen have got you into in the first place, which appears to be the reason that you have come to MY country to avoid.?

:cornette:

63.jpg

I've seen that with half a dozen different pin badges. He starts off as such a lovely gentle,reasonable auld soul. By the end he is self harming and screaming "WELL THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT BE LIVING HERE!!!!!" like a young bigoted pierce brosnan.

Creepy Lurker

Someone still coming to terms with a traumatic experience HAHA WHAT AN IDIOT LOL FACEPALM

Sterling Archer

Someone still coming to terms with a traumatic experience HAHA WHAT AN IDIOT LOL FACEPALM

No excuse for the "absolutely gobsmacked" reaction of the idiot public.

Archived