Facebook

Beats

Selkirk_Jambo

My faves are the bints who post something like "My life is shit right now. Why are some people so heartless?".

This is then followed by a succession of other bints posting "Whats up, hun? xx" "Call me, babe xox".

The original bint does not post again. She has gained the attention she was looking for. Arseholes.

:muggy:

I used to think that this was a bursd only thing but now I have seen, on 2 separate occasions, male FB friends saying stuff like 'OMG, whats up with jealous people?' or 'Sum peepul need to get a life!1!!'

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alan Johnson

I find it useful fire keeping up with mates when I'm away at uni, and mates from uni when I'm at home. The problem is that as I had Facebook before I left school I ended up with 300-odd 'friends' from school spraffing shite when in reality I only ever spoke to 20 or so of them. Recently deleted over 60% of my Facebook friends though. :jjyay::verysmug:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

This is the bit where I don't get the seethe, all these folk complaining about weapons grade roasters on Facebook, must have actually added them as friends.

Even worse, not only did they add them, but they still won't delete them even after seeing their weapons grade roaster-ness first hand!

Better call Saul

Even worse, not only did they add them, but they still won't delete them even after seeing their weapons grade roaster-ness first hand!

Ha ha correct !

Chad Sexington

I wish I had only cool friends on Facebook like some of the guys on this thread.

sad-man-and-rain.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think Twitter is far worse. Facebook is useful. Twitter is utter manure... it took the very worst function from Facebook (status updates) and created an entire social network built around that alone.

I'd join, but my pal keeps telling me his site is on the way back up...

tumblr_m8etnx91ZN1qdx6ndo1_500.jpg

Pete Seeger

My apprentice gets tagged into a post by his mam every single Sunday. "mmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn, Thanks for the fry up JIMBO. YUM YUM. with ****** ****** & **** ****** "

Who cares, Liz?

I know I should just hide the posts but it makes me feel better about my own life.

scottish_chicP
My apprentice gets tagged into a post by his mam every single Sunday. "mmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn, Thanks for the fry up JIMBO. YUM YUM. with ****** ****** & **** ****** "

Who cares, Liz?

I know I should just hide the posts but it makes me feel better about my own life.

This is why I still have some of these people on Facebook. Makes you feel better when you're having a bad day!

I think Twitter is far worse. Facebook is useful. Twitter is utter manure... it took the very worst function from Facebook (status updates) and created an entire social network built around that alone.

Agree with this. I'm never on it much now. Can't get into it.

Currently got a page full of rangers fans sending messages to FARE or linking FARE's email address and twitter page about Celtic fans singing tonight. A clear out is on the cards as some of these guys are sounding too much like Celtic fans now.

Anybody still on Bebo?

The couple that originally created this sold in a few years back for ?850mil.

Bought it back 3 weeks ago for ?1mil and is going to try bring it back.

The Comedian

I've had a Facebook for a month or so now as there was a page for getting information on the job I was starting.

Its mostly shite but mates I lost touch with have tracked me down so I'm grabbing a pint with some soon. Not bad.

Right what's with all the roasters saying pish like Feeling sad or feeling happy at the of some stupid Status update? Hashtags as well :facepalm:

Never use FB, not even remotely interested. Also prospective employers check for you on FB just to see what you are like outside work and if you get found out to be doing something less than legal on it and you are tagged, then you are royally fecked - stay clear imo.

I can count on one hand how often I have accessed twitter. To me all it is a way of stalking people.

Couples that sit and talk to each other all night as well :cornette:

Got one better. Around 13 years ago prior to moving down South, I stayed with my buddy at her flat. Whenever her mate came over, they would talk to each other in "chat" whilst in the same fecking room. He would be on his laptop and my buddy on her desktop. There is not enough facepalms in the world to illustrate how bad that is.

It's the bloody cartoon/cheesy images with inspirational messages that do my box in. If you have nothing to say, say nothing. Don't feel you have to post or share one of these dreadful things please. Makes me want to poke my own eyes out.

That and subtweeting/submessaging. Sod OFF. If you want to get at someone then have the balls to say it directly to them you snivelling wee freak. And get off my effing timeline.

It's the bloody cartoon/cheesy images with inspirational messages that do my box in. If you have nothing to say, say nothing. Don't feel you have to post or share one of these dreadful things please. Makes me want to poke my own eyes out.

That and subtweeting/submessaging. Sod OFF. If you want to get at someone then have the balls to say it directly to them you snivelling wee freak. And get off my effing timeline.

Cant get to grips with this timeline bollocks (probably my age is starting to catch up with me), another reason why I stay clear, I am sure popular JKB poster Shapes has also removed me from her twitter following :laugh:

I have 3 facebook accounts.

1 is my own personal one which I've had for 3 years and have logged into about 5 times max. This is explained by the fact that the other 2 are for work purposes. Can't believe how much some people reveal and don't set even basic privacy settings. Absolutely incredible and a valuable lesson in cyber security.

As long as Facebook and a large portion of its users believe its more important than it actually is, then it will continue to be of use to me for work purposes. It certainly isn't of use on a personal basis.

Private Womble

Facebook is good for trolling ;)

It's too easy though, like shooting cretins in a barrel.

The Old Tolbooth

It's too easy though, like shooting cretins in a barrel.

:lol:

You're right, it is waaaayyyyyyy too easy, still good fun if you're in a mischievous mood though :D

Profit there eh! I associate Bebo with harcore techno & Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

yvonnejambo

I love Facebook and use it for work and football rants mainly. Also as my family all live other side of world and most my mates live in Edinburgh it is gandy to kerp in touch. The statuses I hate the most are either people having a go at someone else ( text, pm or phone the person direct!) and people who say stuff like oh I am fat or ugly etc just to get folk to say 'no you are pretty' or 'you're not fat' etc

The only thing I see FB is good for is, if you have mates at the opposite side of the world then you can chat without the international call charges on your telephone. I have considered joining as I'm trying somehow to find an old friend who has since married to a Pars fan and is living in Dunfermline; and I also have family in Canada and Australia. Other than that have no interest really.

Cant get to grips with this timeline bollocks (probably my age is starting to catch up with me), another reason why I stay clear, I am sure popular JKB poster Shapes has also removed me from her twitter following :laugh:

Deleted twitter a year ago :lol:

The only thing I see FB is good for is, if you have mates at the opposite side of the world then you can chat without the international call charges on your telephone. I have considered joining as I'm trying somehow to find an old friend who has since married to a Pars fan and is living in Dunfermline; and I also have family in Canada and Australia. Other than that have no interest really.

For someone so uninterested in Facebook, you're spending a lot of time posting on this thread :)

I for one would go back. I use to much prefer Bebo but everyone moved over to facebook

:sob:

I for one would go back. I use to much prefer Bebo but everyone moved over to facebook

:sob:

Would you be my other half if we went back on it...

I wish Facebook would go back to the days when you needed a Uni/College email to sign up.

it has also now become 95% full of this type of shit...

297098_269236966445301_214600285_n.jpg

and these...

facebook-ecard.jpg

Deleted twitter a year ago :lol:

That explains everything mate :laugh: I rarely use it anyway its a load of Hibernian if you ask me.

For someone so uninterested in Facebook, you're spending a lot of time posting on this thread :)

I will post any old bollox, depends what mood I'm in.

I've got an absolute topper of a lassie on mine.

"Omfg, so angry right now"

"Lovely day with my amazing hubbster :) feeling blessed"

"Topping up my tan #hot"

But above them all are the ones that go like this:

"Want to do another college course but don't know if I can do it :( feeling apprehensive"

"Oh, you can do it my lovely"

"Don't know Cat, just feel so short of confidence right now, what with looking like a big fat hoorbag"

"Oh sweetie, you're soooooooo amazing, you can do it"

"Thanks hun, just messaged you about some other stuff going on in my fundamentally pish life"

**** off!

scottish_chicP

"Topping up my tan #hot"

"Want to do another college course but don't know if I can do it :( feeling apprehensive"

"Don't know Cat, just feel so short of confidence right now, what with looking like a big fat hoorbag"

"Thanks hun, just messaged you about some other stuff going on in my fundamentally pish life"

**** off!

:lol: did you make the fat hoorbag bit up Craigie?

Auld Reekin'

I love Facebook and use it for work and football rants mainly. Also as my family all live other side of world and most my mates live in Edinburgh it is gandy to kerp in touch. The statuses I hate the most are either people having a go at someone else ( text, pm or phone the person direct!) and people who say stuff like oh I am fat or ugly etc just to get folk to say 'no you are pretty' or 'you're not fat' etc

Still makes more sense than 99% of the inane, vapid, and attention-seeking pish that constitutes Faecesbook! ;)

Prince Buaben

"Topping up my tan #hot"

**** off!

:rofl:

I follow a case in Australia (Somerton Man/Tamam Shud) on a group, but otherwise it's shite. Pictures of people on their holidays and "links" to a 300-word press article? Away and shite.

A waste of time. The number of people who hate seems to be growing, so it might have to change somehow or die. Hopefully the latter.

Prince Buaben

Agreed.

My girlfriend spends hours on them trawling for something entertaining - but a lot of it is complete drivel.

I have a friend who checks me in to every-bloody-where we go together. This gets very very old on a day/night out.

This. I have a mate who does this too. Nights out & Away games.

I think at least half of the misery described on facebook could be overcome by taking a long walk in the countryside. Nice setting, calm, little traffic, nothing to think about or do except walk, very relaxing.

BoJack Horseman

I actually hate it. But it's the kind of hate that makes me so thankful to not be one of these roasters. When I go to the pub with X and Y, I just go to the pub with X and Y. I don't understand the thought process of, oh I'm off to the pub with X and Y, better let Facebook know. Like, seriously, what goes through their head? You've had spag bol for dinner? Great. Hope you enjoyed it, but why are you telling everyone and showing a picture?

I use it for messenger and to keep in direct touch with pals. Sometimes there's actual worthwhile news that I wouldn't have heard otherwise, and the occasional lass in a bikini. Beyond that it's mostly drivel from the most gormless tits in existence who believe that every thing they do is worthy of comment. They get no sort of validation in their real, lonely, pathetic existence, so they jump online to get it from there. Saddest thing is when no one even bothers to respond. That's when I get my jollies.

I like the posts..."lost my phone last night, so if anyone needs to get in touch contact me here". 4hrs later, no comments and one like.

yvonnejambo

Still makes more sense than 99% of the inane, vapid, and attention-seeking pish that constitutes Faecesbook! ;)

The joys of typing on iPhone without checking before posting!

Personally my two least favorites are posts like these ones...

8499538006_19b61551f1_z.jpg

and...

1337976682146_1455820.png

Imagine being so unhappy in your life that the highlight of your week is getting drunk on cheap wine on a Friday night and embarrassing yourself.

Absolutely tragic.

The joys of typing on iPhone without checking before posting!

Really?

Yes sorry for my errors :(

I don't see any errors of yours, but I thought Faeces was intentional.

Archived