Facebook

Beats

Why do people write private (boring what time you finish work?) messages on people's walls so I have to read them. Then inexplicably read the comments too.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just discovered that people fancy people on Facebook they have never met, 

A young girl I work with had been going on about having a huge crush on a guy, the whole obsession thing, as in he's gorgeous, he's so witty, he does the coolest things, etc, etc.

I casually mentioned I was meeting him for a pint and she got totally over excited that I knew him, when I replied "oh, I thought you knew him?" it turned she had just seen him replying to Facebook posts and checked out his photos. 

That's just weird.

BoJack Horseman

A young girl I work with had been going on about having a huge crush on a guy, the whole obsession thing, as in he's gorgeous, he's so witty, he does the coolest things, etc, etc.

I casually mentioned I was meeting him for a pint and she got totally over excited that I knew him, when I replied "oh, I thought you knew him?" it turned she had just seen him replying to Facebook posts and checked out his photos. 

That's just weird.

Weirder than crushing on a celebrity you've never met?

Weirder than crushing on a celebrity you've never met?

Celebrities are fantasy figures that people have always been fascinated by. A bit different from some random person your mate knows.

That's just weird.

"Jealous it's not me" type post IMO.

BoJack Horseman

Celebrities are fantasy figures that people have always been fascinated by. A bit different from some random person your mate knows.

So it would be less weird if the lassie had at least crossed paths with the guy once? 

I'm not getting that it's that weird at all. 

"Jealous it's not me" type post IMO.

I'm fine with that, I'm confident there are loads of women I've never met that obsess over me.

So it would be less weird if the lassie had at least crossed paths with the guy once? 

Exactly that. I'm all for having a fantasy crush, just seems odd when it's a "normal" person.

Exactly that. I'm all for having a fantasy crush, just seems odd when it's a "normal" person.

This. That and when it's a celebrity who's shoved in your face by the media you can't help but notice them, when it's someone who probably lives a few streets from you it's different.

BoJack Horseman

This. That and when it's a celebrity who's shoved in your face by the media you can't help but notice them, when it's someone who probably lives a few streets from you it's different.

Why? If she's seen him a lot on social media, finds him physically attractive, sees he likes similar things, similar sense of humour etc, why would it be weird for her to fancy him? The weirdest part is her talking about it out loud in a way as if she knows him.

Bridge of Djoum

Why? If she's seen him a lot on social media, finds him physically attractive, sees he likes similar things, similar sense of humour etc, why would it be weird for her to fancy him? The weirdest part is her talking about it out loud in a way as if she knows him.

It's weird, end of. You are fighting a losing battle there chief.

And it's not even remotely the same as fancying a celeb. 

I find it can be good for a bit of banter and that's that. It isn't a helpline . I hate statuses like " not feelng well today with a little sad face" ...F%%% off who cares. It really can be misused by sad attention seeking people. I also don't understand why people whom I don't know want to add me?whats that all about.

I try as best to have people I do know from real life but some people tend to just add anyone. I have had my fair few arguments about football and ive noticed a few hobbos have deleted me . I deleted one before and kinda regreted it as she was usually a nice person on it. I thought it was ridiculous to delete someone just due to football when there are a hell of a lot more offensive comments or statuses ive seen ( Britiain FIrst and BNP) postings are offensive and I ended up deleting a relative due to their postings. Anyway I re added the Hibbee woman as she is decent and apologised. She was fine.

BoJack Horseman

It's weird, end of. You are fighting a losing battle there chief.

And it's not even remotely the same as fancying a celeb. 

Nah it's not weird at all. Just saying I'm losing doesn't make it so, sport. 

It's exactly the same as fancying a celeb. You conjure an image and become infatuated with someone based on how the information you get through social media. It's exactly the same. Might be weird because you're from an age that that wouldn't have been possible. But since everyone uploads their entire life to the internet, it's pretty easy to get the full picture of people, even if you've never met. 

How do you think dating sites work? You see someone's pictures, you find them attractive, you read their profile, get an idea of how they present themselves, read about their interests, hobbies etc, and eventually decide that you fancy them and make contact. Having never met. Facebook obviously isn't the right platform for that, but the process is exactly the same. 

My biggest seethe about Facebook isn't the content that's on it, it's the people that like to constantly proclaim that they don't have a Facebook account because they are too good for it / some other trivial reason.

Get a grip.

My biggest seethe about Facebook isn't the content that's on it, it's the people that like to constantly proclaim that they don't have a Facebook account because they are too good for it / some other trivial reason.

Get a grip.

Thanks

My biggest seethe is other people telling me I should be on facebook for no good reason

I don't really see what's wrong with fancying someone that you may have on Facebook yet never have met. I would say it's a lot easier to get to know someone online and gauge their personality.

It's a bit creepy if you continued to pursue a relationship if said person were not reciprocating your messages, but if the person responded well to you then I don't see what's wrong with a bit of flirting.

Like bojak has said, you see a picture of a celebrity and think "god they are hot, I would" so what's the difference between someone on Facebook? Chances are they are probably better looking than a lot of these airbrushed celebs!

BoJack Horseman

I don't really see what's wrong with fancying someone that you may have on Facebook yet never have met. I would say it's a lot easier to get to know someone online and gauge their personality.

It's a bit creepy if you continued to pursue a relationship if said person were not reciprocating your messages, but if the person responded well to you then I don't see what's wrong with a bit of flirting.

Like bojak has said, you see a picture of a celebrity and think "god they are hot, I would" so what's the difference between someone on Facebook? Chances are they are probably better looking than a lot of these airbrushed celebs!

There's no difference. I think it's actually less weird than being infatuated with a celebrity. 

There's no difference. I think it's actually less weird than being infatuated with a celebrity.

That's the point I was making. At least you have a reasonable chance of getting a pump or two .

Following weeks of silence, Jack took to Twitter to say he was glad to have split from his missus.

The roofer wrote on Twitter: "I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self respect

Think he might have missed the boat by that point.

Nah it's not.

The whole Facebook stalker shit is. One thing to maybe fancy someone you've saw on Facebook but this burd seems to have built up an infatuation with the guy. Creepy!

• 3 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow

10675696_10153009866966590_1856487539748

27,053 shares  :cornette:  

Ah the old joke, "does this smell like chloroform?"

Oh the person sending this was serious, gulp.

A mate of mines flatmate fancies me off my witty banter with him online. She's never met me. I've a private profile. He's shown her my profile through his account and it's only heightened her lust. :pleasing:

Going go go through to Glasgow to see my pal and bump into her by accidental coincidence. :ruiner:

She's not that hot.

But still.

:ruiner:

A mate of mines flatmate fancies me off my witty banter with him online. She's never met me. I've a private profile. He's shown her my profile through his account and it's only heightened her lust. :pleasing:

Going go go through to Glasgow to see my pal and bump into her by accidental coincidence. :ruiner:

She's not that hot.

But still.

:ruiner:

Result!!!

Hope all works out ;)

Apparently its someone called Jane.  Who Jane is and what she has done I dont know, but it was her.  At least so im reading.

"Daddy has won his battle in court for Kayla and Kelsey  on a bad note my ex stole them from school and is on the run with them ,so if anyone sees them let me know asap ! Before anyone judges, you don't loose kids for nothing and they deserve a better life x  love you girls x"

This cracker just popped up...

Private Womble

Apparently its someone called Jane.  Who Jane is and what she has done I dont know, but it was her.  At least so im reading.

:lol: who is this Jane person?

Toxteth O'Grady

Folk that have Birthdays but appear to not go on Facebook until late in the day or the next day to thank everyone for the Birthday wishes.

"I wish I was back there"

(inserts picture of holiday previously posted whilst on said holiday)

I wish you were back there as well.....ideally with no internet access and suicidal thoughts........you feckin moron.

"I wish I was back there"

(inserts picture of holiday previously posted whilst on said holiday)

I wish you were back there as well.....ideally with no internet access and suicidal thoughts........you feckin moron.

:lol:

Салатные палочки

I see the spider status's have started early on my newsfeed this year.  My cousin is one of the worst offenders.  She is actually talking about how big they are going to be this year.  

Archived