Facebook

Beats

Auld Reekin'

The joys of typing on iPhone without checking before posting!

I like "gandy to kerp...": it's got a ring about it! :)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do think that if someone annoys the **** out of you on Facebook, you should just delete him/her, I can understand why some people don't. Could be a family member or friend they see often in 'real life', and they simply want to avoid confrontation and awkwardness.

My own status update bugbear is hoaxes (often involving Facebook usage) and scams. Folk fall for all kinds of nonsense that it would take 10 seconds to verify with an online search.

Sergio Garcia

While I do think that if someone annoys the **** out of you on Facebook, you should just delete him/her, I can understand why some people don't. Could be a family member or friend they see often in 'real life', and they simply want to avoid confrontation and awkwardness.

My own status update bugbear is hoaxes (often involving Facebook usage) and scams. Folk fall for all kinds of nonsense that it would take 10 seconds to verify with an online search.

My twin brother and I don't have our wee brother on our facebook because he is constantly lying and bullshitting on it. I have no qualms deleting close friends or family if they are raspers.

This is 9 year old Jimmy, who has a rare form of cancer/AIDS/Hepatitis/migraine and needs lifesaving surgery, but his family can't afford it. It costs ?750,000,000. Jimmy's surgeon has said he'll perform his operation for free if he gets 2,000,000 likes on Facebook.

Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall in that surgeon's office.

This is 9 year old Jimmy, who has a rare form of cancer/AIDS/Hepatitis/migraine and needs lifesaving surgery, but his family can't afford it. It costs ?750,000,000. Jimmy's surgeon has said he'll perform his operation for free if he gets 2,000,000 likes on Facebook.

Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall in that surgeon's office.

:rofl:

Aye that shite as well.

I actually hate it. But it's the kind of hate that makes me so thankful to not be one of these roasters. When I go to the pub with X and Y, I just go to the pub with X and Y. I don't understand the thought process of, oh I'm off to the pub with X and Y, better let Facebook know. Like, seriously, what goes through their head? You've had spag bol for dinner? Great. Hope you enjoyed it, but why are you telling everyone and showing a picture?

I use it for messenger and to keep in direct touch with pals. Sometimes there's actual worthwhile news that I wouldn't have heard otherwise, and the occasional lass in a bikini. Beyond that it's mostly drivel from the most gormless tits in existence who believe that every thing they do is worthy of comment. They get no sort of validation in their real, lonely, pathetic existence, so they jump online to get it from there. Saddest thing is when no one even bothers to respond. That's when I get my jollies.

:spoton:

Franklin Delano Bluth

I like Facebook because it reassures me I haven't ****ed up my life.

Some of the states on mine.

:vrface: good lord.

Creepy Lurker

Probably the only kind of person more annoying than people who post crap Facebook statuses is the kind of person who constantly moans about people who post crap Facebook statuses. Who gives a ****? You can easily hide it from your feed if it bothers you that much. Alternatively, you can just not bother with your newsfeed if it's the newsfeed in general that bothers you (as opposed to scrolling through it for ages looking for stuff to sneer at). And even if you do read it, who gives a **** anyway?

Auld Reekin'

Probably the only kind of person more annoying than people who post crap Facebook statuses is the kind of person who constantly moans about people who post crap Facebook statuses. Who gives a ****? You can easily hide it from your feed if it bothers you that much. Alternatively, you can just not bother with your newsfeed if it's the newsfeed in general that bothers you (as opposed to scrolling through it for ages looking for stuff to sneer at). And even if you do read it, who gives a **** anyway?

Moaners moaning about moaners moaning about moaners' moaning is also pretty tedious though...

It's completely true about the way you hate the people on it so intensely but you seem addicted to tapping into their pissy existence.

I had a couple chatting about how one wakes up early for 'a tab' and the other sleeps right through. Unless there've been eating popcorn the night before then in that case they both sleep right through.

:cornette:

****in tragic.

I know these folk in real life and they're hideous folk.

But, what can you do but love to not be them?

Creepy Lurker

Moaners moaning about moaners moaning about moaners' moaning is also pretty tedious though...

Yes. Because it's something you see all the time.

When I started using Facebook I set myself a limit of 30 online friends at the start. I felt this would be a manageable number. Once I got to 30 I stayed there for quite a while bumping friend requests from folk i used to work with and some that I did work with. Bumped quite a few requests over the years from old school friends as well.....

although I say friends.....

.....what i really mean is people who went to the same school as me and while attending similar classes wouldn't give me the time of day because they had their head rammed so far up their own erse and that of their little wanky clique OR I wasn't cool enough to converse with them because my "mummy and daddy" didn't open their wallets to every feckin whim I had OR they were simply plain weird ("No I don't own a ferret but please tell me more about killing rabbits")

So what makes them think now that because we're both older and more mature I'd want to share any of my life with them? We weren't friends in the slightest at school so why on gods green earth would I be interested where you're going on holiday (with the inevitable "4 sleeps to go!"), pictures of your kid on their new bike from 76 different angles because I'd struggle to grasp exactly how that would look from one clear picture or even a PICTURE WHICH TELLS ME YOU WERE ABLE TO FOLLOW STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN A COOK BOOK TO MAKE A FOOKIN CURRY FROM SCRATCH!

And people from my old jobs. I spoke to you because your desk was beside mine and i believed that attempting to be on speaking terms would make my job less stressful. I don't like you. I never liked you. Most folk in the office didn't like you. 5 appauling secret santa gifts, derisory collections for your birthdays and sitting alone on nights out didn't give you any sort of hint that your personality and personal hygiene might actually be off putting? But hey....we've not spoke in 7 years....what are you having for your tea?

I went over 30 last year.......months later culling folk from my Facebook to bring it down was actually quite liberating.

Surprisingly in the cut I didn't cull my wifes pal who still posts these with increasing regularity

"What time does (INSERT SHOP NAME) open?".....

And no....she's not hot? Blocked from my feed straight away but it doesn't block her on my phone annoyingly??

I'm really close to cancelling Facebook.....but every so often I can't quite resist the urge to use it to have a dig at someone....even better when they don't even realise I'm having a dig. This is probably my main reason for staying.

This post probably makes me sound like a C__t

But I am......

This is doing the rounds on my Facebook now.

970248_550152738376625_390553975_n.jpg

****MUST READ****MUST READ****MUST READ****

Any one who has kids needs to read this .......

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!

Do not purchase Capri suns. If you haven't heard already there have been alot of stories of people drinking these Capri suns and a worm or something, yes a WORM comes out!well IT'S TRUE!

Yesterday my boyfriends sister was drinking one when she started saying the juice was barely coming out and it tasted funny we pulled up the straw and saw this worm hanging from it!

There are tons of stories and complaints on this problem and KRAFTs food is still putting Capri suns on store shelves!

This is so foul and discussting! They should recall all Capri sun products! Kids drink these things!

So please everyone do not purchase or drink any Capri suns because you will see what I'm talking about!!

Like & share please to get the word around! Like & share

:vrface:

I had a chuckle at a lass tonight. Her sister got married at the weekend so naturally she had the pics of the wedding on Facebook / was being tagged in others and congratulations posted on her page from all over the ship.

This lass must have been so seething with jealousy of her sister she changed her profile pic various times back to pics of her own wedding about two years ago to try get some attention back.

i really want to call her out on it but cant be bothered with the hassle :(

You wouldn't happen to be moaning, would you? :biggrin:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This is doing the rounds on my Facebook now.

970248_550152738376625_390553975_n.jpg

****MUST READ****MUST READ****MUST READ****

Any one who has kids needs to read this .......

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!

Do not purchase Capri suns. If you haven't heard already there have been alot of stories of people drinking these Capri suns and a worm or something, yes a WORM comes out!well IT'S TRUE!

Yesterday my boyfriends sister was drinking one when she started saying the juice was barely coming out and it tasted funny we pulled up the straw and saw this worm hanging from it!

There are tons of stories and complaints on this problem and KRAFTs food is still putting Capri suns on store shelves!

This is so foul and discussting! They should recall all Capri sun products! Kids drink these things!

So please everyone do not purchase or drink any Capri suns because you will see what I'm talking about!!

Like & share please to get the word around! Like & share

:vrface:

WTF is that in the photo? I'm going to buy thousands of Capri Suns, until I get enough worms to fill that lassies bath. :smug:

Indeed. And taking aboot 5 minutes out of one's life to type a lengthy post on an anonymous Internet forum is akin to a free ride when one has already paid.

Indeed. And taking aboot 5 minutes out of one's life to type a lengthy post on an anonymous Internet forum is akin to a free ride when one has already paid.

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife?

more overly dramatic attention seeking pash...

"so pissed off with 99% of people right now" or another favourite "Facebook cleanout tomorrow, if you don't make the cut sorry" who gives a fudge!

oh and...

"got such great friends, you know who you are"

Prince Buaben

more overly dramatic attention seeking pash...

"so pissed off with 99% of people right now" or another favourite "Facebook cleanout tomorrow, if you don't make the cut sorry" who gives a fudge!

oh and...

"got such great friends, you know who you are"

I Always seem to make the cut of friends who post that :sob:

The worst of facebook can all be boiled down to... bursds! Horrendous. Mind you they must get sick of all the football updates.

We used thousands of Capri suns as ice blocks for our cool bag on our way down south at the weekend.

Absolutely overrun with worms.

:smuggy:

Have something on my FB that CONSTANTLY uses the "H8 my life, why duz stuff like this happen to me?" or the "isn't fair, I don't deserve this kinda crap" :vrface: .

The most inane and blatantly deluded thing about it is when someone replies back "wot happened babe?", they reply back with "ill txt u bbs, don't want to post it on facebokk". Why the **** post originally then you ****?

:wtfvlad::vrface::no:

Also yes, I did block it's feed, but it still shows up.

Sounds to me that it's not really Facebook's fault, rather that you have "friends" who are complete spangles who post this shit.

Back of the Bus

There's a lass on mine that posted "Like this if I've made you smile this year".

She got 2 likes.

Delete.

There's a lass on mine that posted "Like this if I've made you smile this year".

She got 2 likes.

Delete.

:rofl: :rofl:

She got 2 likes.

Delete.

I have people like this on mine, no matter what they post it goes totally uncommented and unliked.

I have one that makes me subject to seeing things like "Cried myself to sleep again tonight" and "I just don't know what to do anymore, I need help" which get precisely 0 likes and 0 comments.

It's funny in a completely and utter tragic attention seeking way.

EDIT - should probably contact some sort of Suicide Watch or something.

Personally my two least favorites are posts like these ones...

8499538006_19b61551f1_z.jpg

and...

1337976682146_1455820.png

Imagine being so unhappy in your life that the highlight of your week is getting drunk on cheap wine on a Friday night and embarrassing yourself.

Absolutely tragic.

Got Beats on Facebook, NAP. :thumbsup:

Prince Buaben

She got 2 likes.

Delete.

:yas:

Something that always surprises me is how much people are willing to give awsy about their personal life on FB.

I've seen a few folk describe in detail how much of an absolute **** their partner is. Unbelievable.

The next week you then get a photo of them in some beer garden all smiles and that.

"Loving life right now #lucky"

:muggy:

Private Womble

Pregnancy updates, I couldn't give a flying **** how many weeks gone you are or if the foetus kicked a hole in your stomach. Just GTF :muggy:

Kalamazoo Jambo

I find the innocent but totally inappropriate use of 'likes' to be funny.

You see someone posting something along the lines of 'Heartbroken - my dog just died' and you just know they're going to get 50 'likes' :facepalm:

You see someone posting something along the lines of 'Heartbroken - my dog just died' and you just know they're going to get 50 'likes' :facepalm:

And you can't solve it by adding a dislike either.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm currently getting a wedding countdown on mine. Problem is I'm having to go to this wedding next week and it disturbs me how utterly seething I am about having to go to it.

"1 week & I'll be Mrs ------"

Nobody gives a ****.

:gok:

BoJack Horseman

My mate lost a shit ton of weight recently. Obviously everyone on his facebook knows this, as they know him. He decided to post a big post about his weight loss, including soppy motivational quotes and pictures of himself topless. It got 97 likes, 40 comments and he was all "OMG didn't expect this reaction, thanks everyone!!" blah blah. What did you expect, posting something so masturbatory in a public forum, populated by people you know?

I'm happy for the boy, but he should just be proud of his own achievement, and not need to feed off the false validation of facebook "likes". I despise folk that use facebook to make themselves feel better. It's so sad.

Private Womble

My mate lost a shit ton of weight recently. Obviously everyone on his facebook knows this, as they know him. He decided to post a big post about his weight loss, including soppy motivational quotes and pictures of himself topless. It got 97 likes, 40 comments and he was all "OMG didn't expect this reaction, thanks everyone!!" blah blah. What did you expect, posting something so masturbatory in a public forum, populated by people you know?

I'm happy for the boy, but he should just be proud of his own achievement, and not need to feed off the false validation of facebook "likes". I despise folk that use facebook to make themselves feel better. It's so sad.

This. The funny thing is out of all those 'likes' only a dozen at most truly give a ****. The rest just like it so they can achieve future 'likes' its all very pathetic.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

This. Absolutely hilarious. :lol:

Had a shite day, dog was run over, broke my back and I'm now paralysed from the ****** down, my Mum is actually my dad and I just saw my neighbour shitting on my lawn...

Like, like, like... :rofl:

Private Womble

This. Absolutely hilarious. :lol:

Had a shite day, dog was run over, broke my back and I'm now paralysed from the ****** down, my Mum is actually my dad and I just saw my neighbour shitting on my lawn...

Like, like, like... :rofl:

:lol:

Pictures of your 3yr old daughter in the bath? For ****s sake, i dont want to open my facebook feed and see that. Keep it for the family album and embarrassing her in 20yrs.

**** sake. **** sake. **** sake.

Chris Benoit

Pictures of your 3yr old daughter in the bath? For ****s sake, i dont want to open my facebook feed and see that. Keep it for the family album and embarrassing her in 20yrs.

Would I ****, that shit annoys me. Who wants to see that?

This was one thing that really, really annoyed me. Folk posting pics of their kids in the bath. They've no idea who might stumble upon these pics. So many ******* weirdos out there.

Rocco_Jambo

This was one thing that really, really annoyed me. Folk posting pics of their kids in the bath. They've no idea who might stumble upon these pics. So many ******* weirdos out there.

It is incredible. Supposedly the average facebook friend amount is about 200 and if you and your friends (presumably people who post this stuff aren't that concerned about their privacy) have the standard privacy settings of friends of friends can view your profile then even allowing for friends overlapping that probably leaves about 20,000 people who can look at pictures of your kid in the bath. That's more than half the circulation of the Scotsman.

10 years ago these kind of photos would have been seen by about a dozen close family members and a few future girlfriends.

Archived